Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Re: Official Syntronik Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:45 pm

Both Syntronik 2 CS and Syntronik 2 MAX have sound downloads listed for me. The manuals are installed with the software https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1395

If you don't see the sound downloads please report that to IK Support and they can also relay the request to have the manual linked in the IK User Area and IK Product Manager. Also note the IK Product Manager is the current and preferred way to download, install, and authorize your products. You will have the best experience installing any current IK products with it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby juergen_b » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Both Syntronik 2 CS and Syntronik 2 MAX have sound downloads listed for me. The manuals are installed with the software https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1395

Peter, thank you for answering.
Indeed, I found the User's Guide on my local disk. Thank you for pointing this out.
Please note, in my case it's not only unavailable in the "My Products" section on the web site, there is also no "Manuals" section with Syntronik 2 in the Product Manager. (In contrast, I see "Manuals" with all other software products.)
If you don't see the sound downloads please report that to IK Support and they can also relay the request to have the manual linked in the IK User Area and IK Product Manager.

That's what I did some days ago. Hope to hear from support soon.
Also note the IK Product Manager is the current and preferred way to download, install, and authorize your products. You will have the best experience installing any current IK products with it.

Honestly, while I love the sonic qualities of IK Multimedia software products, my experience with installation and authorization almost never was as smooth as it could be. In my personal experience, the manual download from the web site and installation (zip by zip) turned out to be my preferred process. Some of the advantages: 1) it just worked, 2) full control over installation directories, 3) download multiple files in parallel.
I'd like to switch to Product Manager if it gets enhanced in this direction. So I posted proposals to integrate these advantages to Product Manager here: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25225&start=15#p125199.
juergen_b

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:34 pm

Revise Syntronik 2 to make use of the Syntronik 1 sample (.pak) files when they are installed.

Revise the IKPM to skip the automatic downloading / installing of these sample files if they are already present in the folders used by Syntronik 1.

This would save a lot of download time, bandwidth, installation time and many GB of disk space.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Syntronik Feature Requests

Postby zerocrossing » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:13 am

Allow deep editing on Syntronik 1 patches.

If a preset (I'm looking at you Alice Palace) can't find its samples, don't just complain. Allow it to get manually pointed to the right place.

Polyphonic Aftertouch capability. If you're going to have a sampled CS-80, you kind of have to support this, don't you think?
zerocrossing

Re: Official Syntronik 2 Mac/PC Wish List!

Postby smallpotatos » Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:01 pm

I like quite a few of the interface updates in Syntronik 2 however I think the following elements should be changed to improve legibility:

Preset Browser
> Decrease line spacing in preset list
> Increase thickness of font except for section headings
> Use font like Effects page drop-down menus or Player page function headings (Mode, Rate, Octave, etc)

Player
> Drop-down menus on this page could use a size increase or bolder font.

The image below is a screenshot of Syntronik 1 and Syntronik 2 maximized side-by-side on dual screens (1920 x 1200).

Click for larger version on Postimg.cc
smallpotatos

Postby Chrisk-K » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:51 pm

Stop using dark grey text on black background. What's the point of making text hard to read?
Chrisk-K

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 pm

+1 to the 2 previous posts.

I have the same problems with the Browser, the dark grey text on darker grey, the smaller, spidery fonts. And, here, the synth GUIs are not as sharp as those in Syntronik (have a look at the screenshots below).

Image >> https://i.imgur.com/yKk9WcP.png

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/4oxhS8C.png
All reported directly to Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jbrown3318 » Mon Jan 31, 2022 12:22 pm

+1 on the dark UI (same as ST4). Everything is hard to read and visualize.

[Compression, Compression, Compression]
Please Compress the Syntronik 2 sound content. This is the largest single product that I have ever installed on my PC in 20+ years of production. The word is getting out more in the channels to think twice before buying, since disk space is a concern to many.

To put this into perspective, for a synth/rompler application with only 33 synths, Syntronik 2 MAX is coming in at 201.9 GB. ...... That means , Syntronik 2 MAX is larger than Kontakt 6 (26 GB), Arturia V-Collection 8 (28 Synths) (20 GB), Spectrasonics Trillian (36 GB), Omnisphere (65 GB), UVI Synth Anthology 3 (55 synths) (14.5 GB), and UVI String Machine (62 String Synths) (17 GB) combined. And you would still have 23.4 GB left over for another product.

Please give motivation for your existing customers to stay loyal with this feature request. ;)
jbrown3318

Postby jbrown3318 » Thu Feb 10, 2022 1:36 am

^^^^
IK Multimedia, I will humble myself and admit that I was wrong, and apologize to the IK community, as I have just found out that UVI is releasing Vintage Vault 4. It is 36 synth products that come in at 281 GB. So I guess this is typical for this many synths. Apologies.
jbrown3318

Postby homersimpson63 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:42 pm

1. On the preset browse page, on the right-hand side under "Description", in addition to the picture of the synth used for the preset, please add the name of the synth. Also in this area, please add the 'Category' of the preset.

2. Consider updating the Categories, adding such categories as Bell, Brass, and Keys.

3. The new Edit page is a great start, but maybe next add editable multi-segment LFOs. Also maybe add some post-oscillator 'warp' mods (such as Frequency Mod, Phase Mod/Distortion, Wave Fold, etc.).
homersimpson63

Postby juergen_b » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:16 pm

Provide macros in Syntronik 2 plugin.
Using the Syntronik (2) sounds from within SampleTank 4 shows that macros assignments are available. Please make them accessible from within the Syntronik plugin, too, and provide host automation by default for the macros.
Thanks.
juergen_b

Postby meingottwalter » Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:21 am

Please make Syntronik 2 Preset Browser remember my Generation filter setting. At least until I leave the Preset Browser (by loading a preset or switching to another window).

Let's say I click on Generation "Syntronik 2" an then click on "Modulum" for model filtering, let me see only the Generation 2 Modulum presets, rather than all Modulum presets.
meingottwalter

Postby meingottwalter » Sun Apr 24, 2022 10:17 am

Please offer one free synth within Syntronik 2 CS that has >1 waveset.

This will help Syntronik 1 owners to better understand the power (and the limitations) of the new edit mode.
meingottwalter

Postby DarkStar » Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:21 pm

Display the value when I hover over a control parameter (just as is implemented in Syntronik 1). In Syn2, I have to click the control to see the value and that runs the risk of changing the value accidentally.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby zzz00m » Mon May 02, 2022 3:58 pm

DarkStar wrote:And, here, the synth GUIs are not as sharp as those in Syntronik (have a look at the screenshots below).

Image >> https://i.imgur.com/yKk9WcP.png

Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/4oxhS8C.png
All reported directly to Support.

+1 to this request! Hoping this gets sorted out. There shouldn't be any good reason for a lower resolution rendering of the existing synth panels for v2.

Thanks for reporting it!
zzz00m

PreviousNext

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More