Wishful Thinking (Another Hemisphere Project)

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Wishful Thinking (Another Hemisphere Project)

Postby danwilson5 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:57 am

Hi All,

Here is the latest in the on going Hemisphere project. This time, it is a song my brother Kelly wrote. As always, Ian played some great guitar and sang the background vocals. I am always amazed that two guitar players can harmonize as well as Kelly and Ian did without being in the same room.

Along with the usual IK plugins I use, I managed to incorporate the new Comprexxor compressor in this mix. Really like this one as a parallel compressor and for individual tracks. Thanks IK for this one.

Hope you enjoy this one.

Dan

https://soundcloud.com/dan-e-wilson/wis ... 715f81f7c7

danwilson5

Re: Wishful Thinking (Another Hemisphere Project)

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:01 am

Always a pleasure working with you and your brother Kelly, Dan, a painless and fun experience every time and the writing style is something I really like being a part off. 8-)

danwilson5 wrote:I am always amazed that two guitar players can harmonize as well as Kelly and Ian did without being in the same room.

It's interesting that you mention that, because I've always felt right at home with the harmony parts Kelly writes and what hes brings over the parts I have written would suggest the same for him, that's cool! 8-)

Long live the Hemispheres project!! :D

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby CrazySchmidt » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:16 am

Always a pleasure working with you and your brother Kelly, Dan, a painless and fun experience every time and the writing style is something I really like being a part off. 8-)

danwilson5 wrote:I am always amazed that two guitar players can harmonize as well as Kelly and Ian did without being in the same room.

It's interesting that you mention that, because I've always felt right at home with the harmony parts Kelly writes and what he brings over the parts I have written would suggest the same for him, that's cool! 8-)

Long live the Hemispheres project!! :D

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:27 pm

Hey Dan, Ian and Kelly,

A really solid, rocking song! Lots of great stuff here, like the positive vibe the lyrics have + the guitar playing and vox between Kelly and Ian are LOCKED IN. That guitar lead is super smooth and mix is great as well.

A pleasure to listen to and can’t wait for the next Hemispheres track! :D

Take care,
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Return to The Jam Session