IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby solaraxix » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:39 am

A few clarification questions for Peter: I still have some plugins to pick from the group-buy, and I'm still going over some reviews of different plugins and would like to get clarification on the "select by November 30th" on the group-buy page.

1: Do we have to select all our choices before November 30, or do we have until the end of the day on November 30?
2. At what time does it end (could you specify the time zone)?

TIA!
solaraxix

Postby makebeats » Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:27 am

I'm wondering the same thing
makebeats

Postby jayn_night » Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Hi I’m in a similar position- I have to choose more than ten products in about 24 hours.
Can I get samples for ST 4 as I omitted to download them at the time I got it?

Can we get gear credits.

What have you gone for….. I got the instruments first, then Tape….

Does anyone have suggestions or know the cinekinetik? Or have favourites to share?

Thanks if you have time to reply

Jane
jayn_night

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:21 pm

jayn_night wrote:Hi I’m in a similar position- I have to choose more than ten products in about 24 hours.

Can we get gear credits.

Does anyone have suggestions or know the cinekinetik? Or have favourites to share?

Jane

You cannot substitute. You will not be able to trade free choices for Gear Credits.

Also, the team will not shut down the choices at the moment the calendar changes. They have verified that it is a manual process and they will at least leave some breathing room especially since we've let them know some hardware shipments have taken longer than expected.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby solaraxix » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
jayn_night wrote:Hi I’m in a similar position- I have to choose more than ten products in about 24 hours.

Can we get gear credits.

Jane

You cannot substitute. You will not be able to trade free choices for Gear Credits.

Also, the team will not shut down the choices at the moment the calendar changes. They have verified that it is a manual process and they will at least leave some breathing room especially since we've let them know some hardware shipments have taken longer than expected.

Thanks Peter!

Just to make sure we're all on the same page, we now have past November 30 to complete the selection of our group buy items.

Do you have a tentative date when you will shut the selection process down?
solaraxix

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:31 pm

It won't be long after that but it won't just end at the stroke of midnight on Dec 1 for sure. I wouldn't bank on more than a day or two though. We'll be keeping an eye on the hardware situation.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Caliko11 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:33 am

makebeats wrote:
Caliko11 wrote:Just found the thread. Is there a list of qualifying products with their prices? I wanna get everything outside of SampleTank worth $99.

Thanks!

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?item_id=11269

That link just sends to the original deal page. It does have a “qualifying products” link but that also doesn’t have a price list.

Thanks though, I’ll just do it manually tomorrow.
Caliko11

Postby solaraxix » Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:42 am

Caliko11 wrote:
makebeats wrote:
Caliko11 wrote:Just found the thread. Is there a list of qualifying products with their prices? I wanna get everything outside of SampleTank worth $99.

Thanks!

That link just sends to the original deal page. It does have a “qualifying products” link but that also doesn’t have a price list.

Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I didn't create it. It was posted on KVR by Ceej.

Here's some guidance that Ceej provided on KVR to use the spreadsheet:

Ceej wrote:To use: first, make a copy of the spreadsheet with File > Make a Copy (you'll need a Google account). On your copy, run through the list and click Owned on all the things you already own (including redundant things, like AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade). Then click the little arrow next to the funnel icon at the right of the toolbar (hover text says "Filter views"), and select "Not Owned". This will limit the view to the things you don't own yet. Now click "Want" for everything you might possibly be interested in. Go back to the Filter View menu and select the "Want to Get" view. This will limit the view to the things you want AND sort it in price order, so you can tell what level of initial purchase you need to make.
solaraxix

Postby Caliko11 » Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:57 am

solaraxix wrote:
Caliko11 wrote:
makebeats wrote:Just found the thread. Is there a list of qualifying products with their prices? I wanna get everything outside of SampleTank worth $99.

Thanks!

Here you go:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

I didn't create it. It was posted on KVR by Ceej.

Here's some guidance that Ceej provided on KVR to use the spreadsheet:

Ceej wrote:To use: first, make a copy of the spreadsheet with File > Make a Copy (you'll need a Google account). On your copy, run through the list and click Owned on all the things you already own (including redundant things, like AmpliTube 5 and AmpliTube 5 Crossgrade). Then click the little arrow next to the funnel icon at the right of the toolbar (hover text says "Filter views"), and select "Not Owned". This will limit the view to the things you don't own yet. Now click "Want" for everything you might possibly be interested in. Go back to the Filter View menu and select the "Want to Get" view. This will limit the view to the things you want AND sort it in price order, so you can tell what level of initial purchase you need to make.
[/quote]

Thank you!!!

I just spent about an hour trying to maximize my free products.
Caliko11

Postby jayn_night » Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:38 pm

Thanks Soarix for the spreadsheet.

All best wishes!

Jane
jayn_night

Postby makebeats » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:19 am

5:00 pm California time...2 choices in the $199 category left. Back to watching more You Tube videos
makebeats

Postby jayn_night » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 am

Peter_IK wrote:It won't be long after that but it won't just end at the stroke of midnight on Dec 1 for sure. I wouldn't bank on more than a day or two though. We'll be keeping an eye on the hardware situation.

Hi Peter & thanks for this message.

I'm not sure of all the contents yet, in ST 4, and don't want to duplicate, and get some of what is in it already.
I probably need another day. I stayed up ridiculously late trying to work this out.

Amazing promotion!
Many thanks,
Jane
jayn_night

Postby jayn_night » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:59 pm

Hi Peter,

Can you please help clarify about some products a bit for me?

I chose sample tank 4, I had 4 CS and 4 SE, on both of these the sounds had expired, that was before I was aware of a time limit to download them.
On the new ST 4 it just says update, without separate sounds/dmgs in the download Sounds.

What is the difference between 5 SE and 5 upgrade for Amplitube?
If it is a duplication, can I transfer a license for the 5 SE?

Thank you if you are able to reply.

Also, a problem has cropped up with my product manager.

Jane Greer
jayn_night

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:44 pm

Have you Registered the new ST4 Serial Number. If so, then you should see the ST4 sounds library downloads in the [Sounds} tab of the IK Product Manager.

In the [Software] tab it says "Update" for ST4 as there is a newer version than the one you have installed. The software for ST4 CS, ST4 SE and ST4 (and ST4 MAX) is all the same. The features and sounds available depend on the Serial Number.

I would do the Update to ST4 in the IKPM, then Unautorize it (!), Register your ST4 Serial Number and Authorize ST4.

If you still have the ST4 CS or ST4 SE sounds libraries on disk, then you can direct the IKPM to install all the new ST4 sounds into those same folders. Before you install any of them, click "... More options", select "Install to... " and navigate to your existing library (select the folder that contains the existing "Instruments" and "Samples" folders and other stuff).

For AmpliTube, AT5 SE is an edition with a particular set of gear models, and AT5 Upgrade gets you the full AT5 edition. There is a Comparison Chart PDF on this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php?p=versions

If you bought AT5 SE (i.e. not a bonus etc) and you are not relying on it to be a Qualifying Product (for any crossgrades etc) then you should be able to transfer it.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jayn_night » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:02 pm

Really thanks Dark Star for your reply to my questions.

I'm getting onto it right now.
Not sure I understood the procedure of update - unauthorise - register -
&
I just went headlong into it + pasted the serial into my freshly downloaded Product Manager. It's authorized it.

I've loaded a track in my Ableton session to open ST4, with my drive connected & it's automatically building the library...will be, looks like the sounds in my sample tank 3 directory are all loaded.

Is there much difference in ST 3 & ST4? A lot to learn with ST 3.

The sounds are there now. Includes ST3 1-8 which I probably have got from TS2 Max
Will o just get/put theses new sounds into the same directory. Then do the update?

Wow it's an amazing thing to have IK, the TRackS processors are beautiful.
I still need to decide which are the most useful items to have of what's left if and when I can list off what I've got already.
Any further guidance on that is definitely welcome,

Thanks for your thoughts

Jane
jayn_night

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements