IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby cczadilek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:15 pm

jimmi.gruen wrote:I agree, it seems wasteful of people's disk space to store duplicates of such large files.

I just uninstalled Syntronik 1 and its libraries in "Sampletank 3\" for now. I'm not actively working on any projects that use it, and I will probably only use Syntronik 2 from now. Can always re-install it if I need to open an older project in the future.

That's something I can't do right now, or I have to go through my sessions and kinda change and compare the versions.

I never understood why IK makes always new versions with new names.
T-Racks 1,2,3,4,CS,5,6
Sampletank 1,2,3,4
AmpliTube 1,2,3,4...
That kills downwards compatibility and you always have to change the old versions with the new ones because the old ones will not work at a given time.

most other developers don't do that, they make new versions but their latest installed version opens 100%.
cczadilek

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:19 pm

New versions that will greatly change the sonics of your current projects do not overwrite previous versions so that they do not do so. Your past projects will open perfectly with the previous version, you can transition to the new version if you'd like but again there will likely be massive sonic changes (changing something in a previous project can affect your mix, for example) on your terms. That is why this is done, and only for full version updates that will absolutely affect your sound.

Note this is not the case with point releases. Of course.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cczadilek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:45 pm

are you going to make Sampletank 3 M1/ARM native compatible?
if yes, great!
if not then I will soon not be able to open it perfectly with this previous version.
or will it be only Sampletank 4?

Or T-Racks 4? Will this be M1/ARM native compatible?
if not then I will soon not be able to open it perfectly with this previous version.
or will it be only T-Racks 5?

And Syntronik 1 and 2? will both be native ARM compatible?

[mod redacted unnecessary and please review the rules]
cczadilek

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:50 pm

cczadilek wrote:are you going to make Sampletank 3 M1/ARM native compatible?
if yes, great!
or will it be only Sampletank 4?

Or T-Racks 4? Will this be M1/ARM native compatible?
or will it be only T-Racks 5?

And Syntronik 1 and 2? will both be native ARM compatible?

We typically update current versions. Thus, no SampleTank 3 will not be M1 Native, nor T-RackS 4. Syntronik 2 is already ARM/M1 native and the free version hosts the previous synths so you can migrate to that if you need M1 native compatibility.

The previous versions will of course continue to work on the operating systems etc that they were created on and supported on.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cczadilek » Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:04 pm

I totally understand that there can be "versions" with VIs. There can be good new stuff inside.

with many/most audio processors I see that differently. Make an 1176, EQP-1A or LA2A (like you did and I like it a lot) and then the processor is done.
i assume that the algorithm hasn't changed between T-Racks 4 and 5. The GUI is new and better for sure, but the processor sounds the same. Even if you implement new functions such as sidechain or whatever else, it won't change the sound compared to the previous version, as long new functions are off by default.

This way upgrading would be so much easier and my T-Racks 4/5 plugin list in the DAW is endlessly long...
...just more user friendly!

:-)

you know what I mean?
cczadilek

Postby Pat.DE » Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:21 am

I received an email today in which all Syntronik (1) users are recommended to update to Syntronik 2:
Dear Syntronik user,
This is to inform you that IK Multimedia has released Syntronik 2 CS for Mac/PC.
This version of the new Syntronik 2 is available to all and will host all previously purchased synth models from the original Syntronik collections with no purchase required.
We recommend that all Syntronik users update to the free Syntronik 2 CS, available HERE, for the best experience, including Apple M1 native compatibility and more.
Only Syntronik 2 CS will receive updates moving forward. Syntronik 1 will receive no further updates.
We look forward to you using Syntronik 2 for many years to come and appreciate your support.
Best Regards,
IK Multimedia

Unfortunately, this email does not indicate that the Syntronik1 presets cannot be edited in the edit panel of the Syntronik2 app or in the plugin. A message window appears:
The Edit panel is unavailable for Syntronik 1 legacy presets.

In order to be able to edit the sounds in detail, one would have to buy the synths again (as a Syntronik2 version). Or is it possible for Syntronik1 users to download the Syntronik2 presets free of charge?

_______

Addendum: The synth panels from Syntronik1 are also available in version 2, only the new edit panel is not available for the old presets.
Pat.DE

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:09 pm

Right, the new editing is for the upgraded/new synths. You still have access to the same editing you had in v1 in Syntronik 2 CS for your v1 synths. If you need the updated editing and upgraded + new synths (in MAX only) then you'd need to buy Syntronik 2, SE, or MAX (the latter for the new synths).

Also note that Syntronik v1 will not cease working on your system just because Syntronik 2 was released, it will continue to work as intended on systems that support it but we cannot guarantee it to work on future operating systems, setups, etc.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby cczadilek » Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:40 pm

A preset converter between S1 and S2 would be great.

Haven‘t you done that for Amplitube?
cczadilek

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:13 pm

cczadilek wrote:A preset converter between S1 and S2 would be great.

Haven‘t you done that for Amplitube?

It isn't as simple as that, the upgraded synths have more to them that wouldn't make that possible. It is like ST3-ST4 where you have the same editing abilities you had in 3 even when using them in ST4
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Previous

Return to News and Announcements