Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby twilson74 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:53 am

I just got the 4 X-Gear software pedals as part of the group buy. I'd really like to see some sets of new artist signature presets-- or presets in general featuring the X-Gear pedals.

As I explore these pedals, I'm finding it a bit daunting knowing where to best put each pedal in the signal chain (aside from the Drive pedal) for maximum clarity and best results-- or knowing which amps tend to sound the best with certain algorithms in each pedal. I've had great results making my own custom user presets up til now, and I'm gonna have fun trying to make new presets with the X-Gear pedals, but it would be helpful if IK could release a bangin' set of new Amplitube X-Gear presets-- and/or have some artists collaborate-- to get us started on these pedals as a part of Amplitube. :)
twilson74

Postby zedd » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:00 pm

carlaz wrote:I will salute that flag! :D The MiniPlex 20 (i.e., Pink Taco) is awesome.

Yeah... I wouldn't mind a pink amp... something with a girly sort of sound. :P

------------

But in all seriousness... I'd like there to be a pink tweed amp with a matching cabinet.

Why should orange have all the glory?
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby rspst14 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 pm

Two Boss pedals I'd like to see at some point are the BD-2 Blues Driver and the DM-2 analog delay.
rspst14

Postby squeezenor » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:02 am

Just another friendly reminder that we need a second orange collection. Still waiting on that. And while I don't mean to be ungrateful, and it's not a difficult fix, I'd say the rockerverb and thunderverb models are short on gain. You need to put an eq in front and crank it to approximate what they bring in real life, at least in the rockerverbs case.

I'd also love to see some matchlesses, or some other kind of modern takes on a vox. I'd also love to see the current vox hand wired line and the recent British made ac15/30 limited reissues, too. I know we have Dr z and the one Mesa, but still.

It's love to see an old/weird/funky collection, too. Ampegs, supros, silvertone, gretsch/valco, Watkins, Selmer, whatever. I'm sure you can get close enough by mixing and matching extant cabs and amps, but it's worth an ask.

I'd love some more monster sized cabs. The Mesa os seems like an oversight. The giant discontinued orange one, Marshall mode four. Maybe some those old Marshall 212 and 412 tall skinny pa cabs. That would be cool as hell.

I don't really use the dirt pedals much, but no klone, blues driver, Timmy, horizon od and more seem like oversights. Maybe update the boss pedals with their new waza counterparts. I'd love to see the official pedal lines from Wampler, Trex and friends expanded. Maybe reach out to new brands. Might be cool to see more "higher end" "boutique" stuff.

I don't know. Just throwing stuff out there. Already a Max guy, so it's not like I need more.
squeezenor

Postby zedd » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:20 am

squeezenor wrote:It's love to see an old/weird/funky collection, too. Ampegs, supros, silvertone, gretsch/valco, Watkins, Selmer, whatever.

That sounds like fun just for the visual components alone.

There are some groovy looking old Epiphone and Gretsch amps, among others.

And you know that if they look cool, they're going to sound interesting at the very least.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby squeezenor » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:57 am

That they did. Some had weird speakers in them too, like the Gibsons and gretsches. I doubt the silvertone amp in a guitar case sounds amazing, but it would be something different.

And not to bring up the past, but I think it would be kinda neat to mix and match preamps and power amps. Or, bring in dedicated power amps, say vht/fryette, for instance, in el34, 6l6 and kt88 configs, and let us swap those in for the existing power amp in the amp we want to use.

I never used the feature in at4 but now that everything has been redone (and I understand everything better) I'd love to sub a heavy duty kt88 power section into a Marshall jubilee, for instance. So a dedicated one might be nice. Or let us try out the one in the thunderverb, or the kt77s from the vh4, or the 6l6 section from an engl and so on.

As an added bonus, you might finally get a usable tone from the jmp1 preamp. Maybe bring in more rack pre and power stuff: Marshall, peavey, Mesa, fryette, Rivera, Randall, rocktron, ada... Lots to choose from if they ever went that route.
squeezenor

Postby carlaz » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:38 pm

squeezenor wrote:Just another friendly reminder that we need a second orange collection.

There cannot be too much Orange! 8-)

squeezenor wrote:It's love to see an old/weird/funky collection, too. Ampegs, supros, silvertone, gretsch/valco, Watkins, Selmer, whatever.

Besides "weird, old" amps, there are also "weird, old" effects from many of these "forgotten" makers; e.g., the Watkins Copicat tape delays. I would love to see some Colorsound stuff ... and the classic A/DA flanger ....

squeezenor wrote:I'd love some more monster sized cabs.

Marshall #1979 4x15 cab! Just sayin' ....

I would not object to more cabs/speakers of all kinds. Although I do sometimes use 3rd-party IRs now that the IR-loader exists, I don't really like the IRs that are piles of different mic placements and combinations, since ... well, I think AmpliTube does that pretty well. :) I think the Cab Room is still sort of AmpliTube's secret weapon (though I am not sure whether a lot of beginning users don't find it intimidating -- much as mic'ing actual cabs would be!)

squeezenor wrote:I don't really use the dirt pedals much, but no klone, blues driver, Timmy, horizon od and more seem like oversights. Maybe update the boss pedals with their new waza counterparts. I'd love to see the official pedal lines from Wampler, Trex and friends expanded. Maybe reach out to new brands. Might be cool to see more "higher end" "boutique" stuff.

Some of the older pedal models could well do with a refresh. I don't actually use the Overscream (i.e. Tube Screamer) so much, but it's a standard studio tool for shaping guitar tone. I do like some of the other fuzzes and more extreme dirt pedals, like the Big Pig (i.e. Big Muff), though I've always felt that model was a little odd (and, besides, we need multiple models of different versions of the Big Muff! :mrgreen: )

The modern "boutique" pedal market is so huge that IKM could release dozens of models of contemporary pedals and still hardly scratch the surface ... though I won't object if they make the effort. :lol: Still, I think a twin strategy of trying to ensure that both really common types of pedals are well represented, and then some "left-of-center" things. (Not necessarily completely weird effects that no one knows what they're for :lol: but different takes on well-used stuff. Like, we have two versions of the Fuzz Face already: they sound different. We have some Echoplex-type tape delays, but other makes of tape delays and "disc" delays [yes, I'm talking about that Echorec! :geek: ] sound different, etc.)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby kkndman97 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:09 am

you guys need to add amps and cabs from Victory!
some of the most amazing amps and cabs there is in the market right now.
only STL amphub added only one of thier amps , no other guitar software have them (multi effect software), so if you guys can add full collection of Victory amps and cabs, i think alot!!! of guitar players will rush to get it!

and if you will add them , artist collection from Rabea Maasaad will be amazing! Rabea have very special guitar tones and im sure alot of us will be more than happy to have his presets with the Victory amps
kkndman97

Postby squeezenor » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:38 am

carlaz wrote:There cannot be too much Orange! 8-)

Besides "weird, old" amps, there are also "weird, old" effects from many of these "forgotten" makers; e.g., the Watkins Copicat tape delays. I would love to see some Colorsound stuff ... and the classic A/DA flanger...

The modern "boutique" pedal market is so huge that IKM could release dozens of models of contemporary pedals and still hardly scratch the surface ... though I won't object if they make the effort. :lol: Still, I think a twin strategy of trying to ensure that both really common types of pedals are well represented, and then some "left-of-center" things. (Not necessarily completely weird effects that no one knows what they're for :lol: but different takes on well-used stuff. Like, we have two versions of the Fuzz Face already: they sound different. We have some Echoplex-type tape delays, but other makes of tape delays and "disc" delays [yes, I'm talking about that Echorec! :geek: ] sound different, etc.)

With all the supply chain issues going on and having everyone playing at home, it would have been a great time to revisit some of the brand collaborations. Orange and Mesa have released a bunch of new stuff since those collections were created, and that includes pedals.

And it sticks that they used to go after the boutique market with Dr z and engl and Trex such and then promptly abandoned that. Would love to have seen some of those collaborations expanded. Or at least give it a shot with some of today's fresh faces. I guess they have their own pedals to push now, but money's money. And there's all kinds of amp makers they could go after, big and small.

I just figure with ik being in Italy and all, maybe they have access to stuff that never made it to the states. Must be a ton of or stuff that was europe/UK only that would be interesting to see. How about some binsons, like you mentioned?

kkndman97 wrote:you guys need to add amps and cabs from Victory!
some of the most amazing amps and cabs there is in the market right now.
only STL amphub added only one of thier amps , no other guitar software have them (multi effect software), so if you guys can add full collection of Victory amps and cabs, i think alot!!! of guitar players will rush to get it!

and if you will add them , artist collection from Rabea Maasaad will be amazing! Rabea have very special guitar tones and im sure alot of us will be more than happy to have his presets with the Victory amps
you can find a victory amp of some kind (not sure they ever officially said which) in the _ archetype nolly collection.

Are victory amps all that different from what's already available in amplitube (or in real life)? One thing I've learned from having every fake amp under the sun is that they aren't all that different. As high gain amps go, everything that isn't a soldano is an 800, including a soldano. :lol: if you're a clever enough sort, you can mix and match and fake anything to your heart's content and probably get close enough.

Now I realize most people would rather just have the thing and be done with it (and that's fine!), but I'm betting you can nail those tones with what's already in amplitube.
squeezenor

Postby KyceEssadki864 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:04 am

please add yamaha ra-200, sknote has one and it sounds great, i'd love for amplitube to do one
KyceEssadki864

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:07 am

boss blues driver would be nice, ampkit has one and it sounds pretty good, but not exact, I'm sure amplitube can do better
KyceEssadki8

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:08 am

a tonebender would be incredible
KyceEssadki8

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:09 am

echorec rack unit would be great
KyceEssadki8

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:10 am

EHX small clone would be great, you have the small stone but no small clone
KyceEssadki8

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:11 am

a fender blues deluxe, maybe one of the tweeds are similar, if so let me know, but none of them are called "blues deluxe"
KyceEssadki8

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling