IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby pat.osterday » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:48 pm

schismatrix wrote:I wanted to get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE & and an SE version or 2 now they're in my price range with the black Friday deals. They appear on the group buy page at their current prices but not in the drop down from the promos page.

Anyone else having the same problem?

I'm pretty sure it depends on the price at the time of the promotion, not current sales.

EDIT: Oops, I see what you're are saying now! Yeah, that's a bug, I think.
pat.osterday

Postby huli50 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:02 pm

I don't think what you are seeing is necessarily a problem. I just thought that for the purposes of the group buy that the values of free products do not include combination with the Black Friday promo despite the fact that they show on the GB page at the cheaper price.

I still have a few selections to make and I see all Black Friday products in my $150 drop down but not in my $50 drop down. So they are still available, just not in combination with other promos.
huli50

Postby pat.osterday » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:49 pm

Oh right! I forgot that my second buy in was at the lower level! :roll:
pat.osterday

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:55 pm

schismatrix wrote:I wanted to get Miroslav Philharmonik 2 CE & and an SE version or 2 now they're in my price range with the black Friday deals. They appear on the group buy page at their current prices but not in the drop down from the promos page.

Anyone else having the same problem?

They are in the 149.99 tier. They were not on sale during the group buy and the value of your choices are based on the group buy's duration, not the current sale price.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby schismatrix » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:They are in the 149.99 tier. They were not on sale during the group buy and the value of your choices are based on the group buy's duration, not the current sale price.

OK, thanks for clarifying that.
schismatrix

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:06 pm

Peter could you clarify the AVX/MODO Drum situation. In short does MODO Drum run natively on Mac M1 ?

I read where you wrote:

Re: modo drums will not install
Peter_IK » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:51 pm
Per the Specs page, yes MODO DRUM does require AVX or an Apple Silicon processor. There is a link there to more details about AVX too. Older Intel processors do not support AVX instructions.

I followed the link but I see no mention of Mac M1.

System Requirements
Standalone and 64-bit plug-in. Requires a 64 bit CPU and Operating System.
Mac® (64-bits)
Minimal: Intel® Core™ i5 with support for AVX instructions, 8GB of RAM (16 GB suggested), 20GB of available hard-disk space, macOS 10.9 or later. USB port (3.0 suggested).
Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.

You mention " or an Apple Silicon processor" but I'm not quite sure what you were refering to.
And didn't see it listed on the page you linked (System Requirements). Were you refering to native or Rosetta, both or neither ?

Also before I finish my selections are there any other IK products that will not/may not run natively on a Mac M1 ?

I'll just add I'd like to see IK address the M1 situation at some point, giving us a list of plugins that will or will not be updated to run natively on M1. Can we assume that all IK products will be updated at some point ? Will some be left behind ? I'm now selecting quite a few TRacks plugins, but I'm wondering if the older ones (EQs, Reverbs, ect) may not be updated ???

Thank you and thank IK for this Great Group Buy Sale :mrgreen:
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:20 pm

MODO DRUM is fully M1 native. Apple Silicon is M1.

Our current software works on M1 except for iRig BlueBoard app per the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412 ,but the other products aside from MODO DRUM run using Rosetta 2 (though they run very well).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby makebeats » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:40 am

Ive got9 days left to choose and 14 choices to make at the $199 level. Looking at sound makers (synths) but not Sample Tank.Which Syntronik is better , Syntronik crossgrade or Syntronik Upgrade Deluxe
makebeats

Postby ayukanaeyuS89 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:05 pm

I know this is a long shot, but I totally forgot about the sale and missed out on it. Since the product pages are still up till 30th, is there anyway you guys could let me in still? :(
ayukanaeyuS89

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:16 pm

I do not think so, but you can always try contacting Support. But, if they let you join, then they would need to re-open the GB to everyone one to avoid accusations of unfairness.

The web pages are there to help the participants make their bonus choices.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:20 pm

makebeats wrote:Ive got9 days left to choose and 14 choices to make at the $199 level. Looking at sound makers (synths) but not Sample Tank.Which Syntronik is better , Syntronik crossgrade or Syntronik Upgrade Deluxe

From the product pages:
Syntronik:
17 Instrument Collections representing 38 classic synthesizers and string machines
Over 50 GB of samples
Over 2,000 instruments presets

Syntronik Deluxe:
22 Instrument Collections representing 44 classic synthesizers and string machines
Over 80 GB of samples
Over 2,600 instruments presets
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:MODO DRUM is fully M1 native. Apple Silicon is M1.

Our current software works on M1 except for iRig BlueBoard app per the FAQ at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1412 ,but the other products aside from MODO DRUM run using Rosetta 2 (though they run very well).

Thank you. That's great news ! MODO Drum has become my favorite drum plugin over the other brand that I used to use.

Any word on when IK will be fully native to Apple Silicon. And will any plugins (older) be left behind and not updated to native AS ? Or is the plan to eventually update everything ?

I ask because I'm considering moving over from Win10 to AS, and I wouldn't want to make the mistake of selecting any IK plugins in this GB that won't work natively when I do move to AS.

That said, I still can't believe some of the plugins I've picked up this month ! MODO Drum/Bass, Amplitube, Mixbox, Sampletron, B3X are real stand outs !! Thank you IK !
Musical.Alchemy

Postby makebeats » Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:58 am

DarkStar wrote:
makebeats wrote:Ive got9 days left to choose and 14 choices to make at the $199 level. Looking at sound makers (synths) but not Sample Tank.Which Syntronik is better , Syntronik crossgrade or Syntronik Upgrade Deluxe

From the product pages:
Syntronik:
17 Instrument Collections representing 38 classic synthesizers and string machines
Over 50 GB of samples
Over 2,000 instruments presets

Syntronik Deluxe:
22 Instrument Collections representing 44 classic synthesizers and string machines
Over 80 GB of samples
Over 2,600 instruments presets

Thanks for the links. I hate it when people post questions that they could look up themselves. My problem is I'm so unfamiliar with IK even though I've been making music for a long time. IK is a company I'd given up on just to maintain a focus and because of all the times I'd install products just to find I didnt have listed products ; they were locked. I can see there is some good stuff here and I've taken suggestions and gotten Tracks, The Modo instruments and Syntronik.

I use Native Instruments a lot and they have a lot of products like Action Strings , Strummed Acoustic and such that has built in midi files. Are there any IK products like this besides the MODO line?
makebeats

Postby jayn_night » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm

Hi Brian, did you get a reply?

Not sure of your question, but if you bought a second item within the time limit of the group buy you should be got the freebies for it.

I still have to choose my extras and not much time to do it in.

People saying it could be a wait to get support, that delayed me from writing to them.

All best wishes
jayn_night

Postby makebeats » Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:44 am

I've got ten choices left and 4 days to choose.Hard to complain about a sale that offers 24 free productions for the cost of a buy in. However when the buy in is hardware that has to be shipped then the choose deadline should be extended to offset the time it takes to ship the buy in item.Also, for the novice..a simple glossary of IK terminology would help

Like Ive learned the Custom Shop means free version .I'm at $199 level. I want some of the instruments for Sample Tank but I have NI Komplete 13 so I dont need pianos. Do I get Sample Tank SE or ST 4 upgrade. Too bad there is no longer any guidance for strategy on this
makebeats

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements