Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby jjguitar » Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:13 pm

hotsweetbbq wrote:1) "Tonematch" feature similar to Fractal's where an external audio track can be used as an input to update a cab block IR to sound like the external track.
2) "Guitar IR" feature to map source pickups to IRs of other guitar's pickups and automatically swap from assigned IR to assigned IR as the pickup switch is used by recognizing the change in source IR.

Thanks!

Awesome request !!! 8-)
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby Kaleofr » Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:55 pm

What I would like to see in Amplitube 5:

- An improved Looper:
-> Autostart rec
-> Auto Quantize function
-> auto length
-> stop at the end of the loop (for loop 1 and loop2)

- An improved MIDI mapper.
Not in the way it works today but in the shortcuts it can control.
On the looper for exemple: we should be able to map and control the "stop", "undo", "volume" of loop 1, loop 2, the volume of the metronome, etc.
On the live view: be able to switch the display of the 4 presets presented to the next or previous ones.
I am not using recording (yet) but I may imagine that many MIDI controls could be added here also.
Etc.

Thanks anyway for this amazing software.
Kaleofr

Postby ambrs57 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:22 pm

The idea of X-Gear sounds great, but it still doesn't address everything we need for playing live with Amplitube 5. How about a dedicated floor unit that will replace the need for taking a PC and AXE I/O on stage? Something like the Line6 Helix, that would be fully integrated with Amplitube - compatible with future versions, and able to take all of our sounds and presets on the road, without the unreliability of a PC. Something built tough with stomp box like functioning that would allow us the flexibility to load it with the specific Amplitube gear we own, with programable loops for a couple of external stomps as well. And a midi controller, too.

That would be the ultimate feature. X-Gear is a step in the right direction, but it doesn't go far enough, especially for the money. So for now, I'll keep using my PC to play live.
ambrs57

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:51 pm

X-GEAR pedals weren't made for people looking to use AmpliTube 5 live. They are pedals with distinct functions to work alongside other pedals on a guitarists' pedalboard.

Agreed that a multifx/multiprocessor unit with basically AmpliTube 5 inside would be great, but that's not the intended market for these pedals.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ambrs57 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:07 am

Thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed they were for live use. Meanwhile, in the absence of a floor unit, I’d like to add my support to requests for an improved live mode. Dedicate the entire screen to it by removing the side bars with gear listed.

A live mode that would allow us to arrange a group of presets into songs and a group of songs into set lists that could be scrolled through would be nice.
ambrs57

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:13 pm

ambrs57 wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. I just assumed they were for live use. Meanwhile, in the absence of a floor unit, I’d like to add my support to requests for an improved live mode. Dedicate the entire screen to it by removing the side bars with gear listed.

A live mode that would allow us to arrange a group of presets into songs and a group of songs into set lists that could be scrolled through would be nice.

They are for live use, I never stated they were not ("using AmpliTube 5 live" is what I said). I would say many more guitarists use a pedalboard full of pedals and an amp than a multifx unit or modeling on stage. That will of course likely change over time but we found that guitarists playing live were looking more for pedals to add to their existing pedalboard.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby philipteague » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:26 pm

Zvex Fuzz Factory please!
philipteague

Postby richard1969 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:42 am

rspst14 wrote:On some pieces of gear, I have no idea what all the controls do. The gear manual is extremely helpful, but many users are probably not aware that one even exists. Once you find it, you have to bring up the .pdf file each time you are unsure of something. It would be great if I could right-click something in the signal chain and pull up the same information from the manual. A quick explanation of the gear and what each control does would be a huge help. This was done for the speakers in Amplitube 5, I'd like to see it extended to every piece of gear.

Seconding this. As some of the Custom Shop functions have been streamlined into the Amplitube interface, it only makes sense the text blurbs for gear items from the Custom Shop should be viewable within AT. Even for gear I own, I sometimes need to jog my memory as to which item I'm looking for! Extending the interface used for identifying different speaker cones to other gear items, as suggested above, seems like the best choice for consistency and ease of use. It would only be there if people needed it, leaving the interface uncluttered otherwise. Adding the instructional text from the Gear Models manual in the same pane would be a major improvement.
richard1969

Postby fiveblairs » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:56 pm

Here's a feature that would be handy, the ability to run a parallel effects chain in front of an amp or in its effects loop.

I like to run delay and reverb in parallel and have also heard some great tones with parallel distortion/fuzz/overdrive in front of an amp.
fiveblairs

Postby Altollie56 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:36 pm

In the Control Section the min and max settings should not always show % but should be related to the controlled parameter, e.g. with delay times min =1/16 note, max = whole note.

The In and Out Meters should display the highest db rate of the signal.

It should be possible to save the bpm value with each preset.

The pan settings in the Rack Harmonator should work properly.

Otherwise I'm more than happy with AT5!
Altollie56

Postby Metallica93 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:22 am

DarkStar wrote:4 Remember the "hide gear I don't own" button selection (or put it in the Settings) so they I don't have to press it every single time I load AT5 to hide that gear.
Has this one been taken care of, then? I just closed AmpliTube 5 within Reaper and opened it back up and it appeared to have saved my "Show only what I own" setting, which is great.

How about being able to keep all of those drop-down menus closed by default? It's quite annoying to close every single one of them to soothe the O.C.D. I'm honestly surprised that isn't an option by now.
Metallica93

Pedal Looper

Postby j4k-msc » Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:29 am

Just like any other modeled pedal a looper should be placed freely anywhere in the signal chain. Also, it should be included in plugins, not just in the standalone version.
j4k-msc

Postby Ad_Astra » Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:07 pm

What I'd like to see would be the ability to use amps/cabs as single plugins so that they are not only in the Amplitube ecosystem. Just like T-RackS modules can be used within or outside T-RackS Suite.

So if I want just a certain amp, I could pick it from the list and add it in DAW. Of course it'd load with the cab but with an option to disable the cab.

Similar to what Softube uses with it's amps. You can load them up individually or in Amp Room.
Ad_Astra

Postby fiveblairs » Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:09 pm

Ad_Astra wrote:What I'd like to see would be the ability to use amps/cabs as single plugins so that they are not only in the Amplitube ecosystem. Just like T-RackS modules can be used within or outside T-RackS Suite.

So if I want just a certain amp, I could pick it from the list and add it in DAW. Of course it'd load with the cab but with an option to disable the cab.

Similar to what Softube uses with it's amps. You can load them up individually or in Amp Room.

^^^^^ THIS!

POD Farm has had this option since its initial release.
fiveblairs

Postby j4k-msc » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:49 pm

AT5 Module Plugin Suite

This would be great not just for amp/cab module but also for pedal and rack modules.

It would be a game changer especially for Ableton Live users, as it would allow us to create racks with practically unlimited routing and processing.

Also it would also us to create snapshots and proper automation, which is something that’s painfully lacking in AT5 plugin. This new plugin suite would turn AT5 into an actually useful plugin(s) for live performances.

Btw. Pod Farm offered this about 12 years ago.

Ad_Astra wrote:What I'd like to see would be the ability to use amps/cabs as single plugins so that they are not only in the Amplitube ecosystem. Just like T-RackS modules can be used within or outside T-RackS Suite.

j4k-msc

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling