IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:34 pm

Please try the following and if this doesn't work please contact IK Support for direct assistance:
  • Load the IK Product Manager
  • UNauthorize the Syntronik 2 there
  • Next, Re-Authorize it again
Custom Shop Application location:
MAC: HD > Applications > Custom Shop
PC: Start > Programs > IK Multimedia > Custom Shop

• Load the Custom Shop application from the location above
  • At the top go to your account name > Restore My Purchases
  • All your modules, etc should be unlocked.

@Peter,
I have now been able to solve the problem myself by entering the serial number of Syntronik 1 deluxe again in the IK Product Manager (although this SN was already registered in my IK account with the same digital ID). But it doesn't matter, now it works.
Pat.DE

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm

These issues should now be resolved on the server side, though. Officially, the following should work for anybody who experienced these issues according to our support, testing, and dev teams:

1) Open Syntronik 2 or SampleTank 4
2) Open the Custom Shop
3) Click your User Name in the Custom Shop's upper right-hand corner
4) Select "Restore My Purchases"
5) All sounds should now unlock
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby tgorycki » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:37 pm

Pat.DE wrote:Thanks for the quick response, Peter
Unfortunately, the tips don't help solve the problem.
I will contact support tomorrow

I too had the same issue, where I own Syntronik 1 Deluxe and all my Syntronik 1 presets were grayed out in Syntronik 2. I tried Peter's suggestions and unauthorized and reauthorized Syntronik 2, plus I opened Custom Shop and clicked on "Restore my Purchases" under my user name at the top right. When I opened Syntronik 2 afterwards, the program ran a new database scan and pulled in all my Syntronik 1 presets, so everything is working as it should now!

One more thing worth mentioning; I own SampleTank 4 and store my sound library under the SampleTank 4 folder. Also, there is a new SampleTank 4 update out there that provides support for Syntronik 2. I installed this update as well.

I hope this helps anyone else having a similar issue. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
tgorycki

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:39 pm

Yes, thank you for posting this. Note that the support, testing, and dev teams tell me that the Syntronik authorization issues were solved system-side so the following steps should work for anybody that has had problems:

2) Open the Custom Shop

Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:51 pm

Peter_IK wrote:These issues should now be resolved on the server side, though. Officially, the following should work for anybody who experienced these issues according to our support, testing, and dev teams:

2) Open the Custom Shop

Hi Peter, I just followed all of the points one after the other.
Obviously there is a new problem with the Custom Shop:
All Syntronik1 synths have been displayed again since today (yesterday I only saw the Syntronik 2 versions). But even though I have the deluxe version, the Syntronik1 synths are not displayed with the green tick, the purchase price appears instead.
Only the Memory-V and the OXa, which I once received separately, are shown with a green tick.
Pat.DE

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:04 pm

Pat.DE wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:These issues should now be resolved on the server side, though. Officially, the following should work for anybody who experienced these issues according to our support, testing, and dev teams:

2) Open the Custom Shop

Hi Peter, I just followed all of the points one after the other.
Obviously there is a new problem with the Custom Shop:
All Syntronik1 synths have been displayed again since today (yesterday I only saw the Syntronik 2 versions). But even though I have the deluxe version, the Syntronik1 synths are not displayed with the green tick, the purchase price appears instead.
Only the Memory-V and the OXa, which I once received separately, are shown with a green tick.

The green tick not showing on free items is something the team is aware of and should have been present before this update. If you still have issues or feel this is not the issue, you will need to discuss with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:31 pm

Peter_IK wrote:The green tick not showing on free items is something the team is aware of and should have been present before this update.

I didn't mean the free synths, but the ones I already bought (since they are included in the deluxe version of version 1). But these are now also displayed with the purchase price and without a green tick, which was not the case before.
Pat.DE

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:52 pm

Pat.DE wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:The green tick not showing on free items is something the team is aware of and should have been present before this update.

I didn't mean the free synths, but the ones I already bought (since they are included in the deluxe version of version 1). But these are now also displayed with the purchase price and without a green tick, which was not the case before.

I'm not sure what could cause that for you but if you report it to IK Support I'm sure they can assist you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
Pat.DE wrote:

I'm not sure what could cause that for you but if you report it to IK Support I'm sure they can assist you.

At the moment there is no problem for me as all the plugins and the purchased content work.
The custom shop is of secondary importance to me at the moment
Thanks again for your quick answers
Pat.DE

Postby juergen_b » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:05 pm

vac713 wrote:My license is activated and I too see the sounds download button on the free version but not on my MAX version

Same problem here. In My Products, I see only "Serial/License", "v2.0.0 Release Notes", and "Past Releases" buttons with Syntronik 2 MAX. Why isn't there a "Sounds Download" button? With this huge file sizes, I want to download the files separately and perform the installation afterwards all at once.

There is also no "Download Resources" which means that there is no User's Guide available.

I already have Syntronik Deluxe. If I now install Syntronik 2.0.0, does it replace Syntronik 1.2.0 or do they coexist?

Thanks for any help!
juergen_b

Postby avidan1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:22 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
gkduncan37 wrote:Will those of use who recently purchased Total Studio 3.5 Max be able to get Syntronik 2 free as well as new purchasers?
If so, is it the Max version?

It is Syntronik 2 as stated above. That is the currently $/€199.99 (normally $/€299.99) version for free. It should be available to you in your IK Product Manager.

For those of us who own Total Studio MAX 3.5, be aware that the automatic receipt of Syntronik 2 is certainly nice to receive but it consists only of a set of additional presets to the original 22 synthesizers in Syntronik 1. You only receive the new 11 synthesizers described in the promotional videos if you buy Syntronik 2 MAX. Also, the new editing functions only work on the new 11 synthesizers, not the legacy machines from Syntronik 1. So far, it appears that there is no special upgrade price for upgrading from Syntronik 2 (or Total Studio MAX 3.5) to Syntronik 2 MAX. There is only the introductory price, which is available to all, not an upgrade deal.
avidan1

Postby dbailey1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:30 pm

Congratulations to IK on this new release!! I purchased right away for a great price using upgrade and Jam Points, and the download/install went smoothly with no problems. I’m especially excited about the new editing panel, since I’ve been delving more deeply into synths lately and learning more about how they work under the hood.

I loved Syntronik 1, and I look forward to even more music creativity, experimentation and inspiring with this new version!!
dbailey1

Postby avidan1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:30 pm

juergen_b wrote:
vac713 wrote:My license is activated and I too see the sounds download button on the free version but not on my MAX version

Same problem here. In My Products, I see only "Serial/License", "v2.0.0 Release Notes", and "Past Releases" buttons with Syntronik 2 MAX. Why isn't there a "Sounds Download" button? With this huge file sizes, I want to download the files separately and perform the installation afterwards all at once.

There is also no "Download Resources" which means that there is no User's Guide available.

I already have Syntronik Deluxe. If I now install Syntronik 2.0.0, does it replace Syntronik 1.2.0 or do they coexist?

Thanks for any help!

I have Syntronik Deluxe and can confirm that it coexists with Syntronik 2 and is not overwritten. This is actually important because (1) any songs you created in your DAW using Syntronik Deluxe will keep looking for that VI and not Syntronik 2, so this means your songs keep loading properly; and (2) Syntronik 2 does not bring over your tagged favorites (but does bring over multis and other presets you created), and you'll need to access Syntronik Deluxe to write down the names of your favorites so you can manually re-tag them in Syntronik 2. (This is a pain, and someone already asked for the ability to export and import favorites in the Sytronik feature request thread.) Hope this helps!
avidan1

Postby juergen_b » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:42 pm

avidan1 wrote:I have Syntronik Deluxe and can confirm that it coexists with Syntronik 2 and is not overwritten. This is actually important because (1) any songs you created in your DAW using Syntronik Deluxe will keep looking for that VI and not Syntronik 2, so this means your songs keep loading properly; and (2) Syntronik 2 does not bring over your tagged favorites (but does bring over multis and other presets you created), and you'll need to access Syntronik Deluxe to write down the names of your favorites so you can manually re-tag them in Syntronik 2. (This is a pain, and someone already asked for the ability to export and import favorites in the Sytronik feature request thread.) Hope this helps!

Hi avidan1,

thank you very much, this helps very much indeed!

Greetings, Jürgen
juergen_b

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:47 pm

avidan1 wrote:So far, it appears that there is no special upgrade price for upgrading from Syntronik 2 (or Total Studio MAX 3.5) to Syntronik 2 MAX. There is only the introductory price, which is available to all, not an upgrade deal.

That is not true. Syntronik 2 and Total Studio 3.5 MAX owners (as well as Syntronik Full, Syntronik Deluxe, Syntronik 2 SE - including bundled versions (TS2, TS3, TS3.5, TVI) and free copies from Group Buy, etc) qualify for the lowest upgrade pricing for Syntronik 2 MAX at $/€149.99.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements