IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:13 am

timbit2006 wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:No rethinking required. People with Syntronik / Syntronik Deluxe from the group buy are eligible and have been eligible from the start. If you aren't seeing the $/€149.99 upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX something is wrong and IK Support can help.

Also, Total Studio 3.5 MAX users and Total VI Max users get Syntronik 2 for free as it says in my post.

Alright, I'll trust you there and contact support about the upgrade. Sorry about the initial frustration. Is it possible to refund my group buy purchase and just buy TS3.5 max?

Not likely as the group buy has been over for a couple of weeks now. But you should be all set for the upgrade pricing.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:29 am

I downloaded it last night and began the install. When I woke up, I discovered that the install crashed somewhere along the way. I started Syntronik 2 and saw that only 24 Syns had installed. I want to reinstall, went to my products, selected Syntronik 2, selected it, downloaded the Product Manager? I installed Product Manager but how do I reinstall Syntronik 2? How do uninstall it and start anew?
At this point I only really need the sounds.... Why don't I see sounds downloads like in the other products I've purchased?
vac713

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:06 pm

vac713 wrote:I downloaded it last night and began the install. When I woke up, I discovered that the install crashed somewhere along the way. I started Syntronik 2 and saw that only 24 Syns had installed. I want to reinstall, went to my products, selected Syntronik 2, selected it, downloaded the Product Manager? I installed Product Manager but how do I reinstall Syntronik 2? How do uninstall it and start anew?
At this point I only really need the sounds.... Why don't I see sounds downloads like in the other products I've purchased?

You can also download the installer an the sound packs manually from your user account.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/my-products/
Pat.DE

Postby vac713 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:45 pm

I know that,,,,, however there is no button for sounds download like all my previous purchases
vac713

Postby vac713 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:21 pm

also, the entire install process is different from what I've experienced in the past. In this case, after the installation of Syntronik 2, it immediately offers the option of installing sounds. When I did that it downloads each of the 100 files, one at a time and installs them as they download.... hours and hours of install time. It used to be, you download the sound files and install them one by one, allowing me to download the sound files to an external HD..... Don't see a way to download the sounds and place them anywhere I choose
vac713

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:33 pm

vac713 wrote:also, the entire install process is different from what I've experienced in the past. In this case, after the installation of Syntronik 2, it immediately offers the option of installing sounds. When I did that it downloads each of the 100 files, one at a time and installs them as they download.... hours and hours of install time. It used to be, you download the sound files and install them one by one, allowing me to download the sound files to an external HD..... Don't see a way to download the sounds and place them anywhere I choose

So far I have only tried the (free) CS version of Syntronik 2. With this license there is a "Sounds Download" button in the user account. I don't understand why it should be different with the full version.

Is your license already activated?
Pat.DE

Postby vac713 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:40 pm

My license is activated and I too see the sounds download button on the free version but not on my MAX version
vac713

Postby dkarlstrom » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:07 pm

Hi, trying to save hd-space: do you need to install the syntronik engine, or could you just run the instruments in sampletank4?
dkarlstrom

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:14 pm

dkarlstrom wrote:Hi, trying to save hd-space: do you need to install the syntronik engine, or could you just run the instruments in sampletank4?

If you have installed the new Sampletank 4.1.5 update, you don't need the Syntronik2 engine.
Pat.DE

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:24 pm

I just installed Syntronik 2 from the product manager and downloaded the Syntronik 2 and Syntronik 2 CS sound files. I notice however that the new Syntronik 2 instruments are really not showing on my preset lists. I see the instruments icon and when I try to filter down to them I only get one or two presets. I also notice from the downloaded files that the samples for the new instruments also contain these few preset files. It appears the download folder may be incomplete. I own the Total Studio 3.5 Max.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:32 pm

ojaix01@gmail.com wrote:I just installed Syntronik 2 from the product manager and downloaded the Syntronik 2 and Syntronik 2 CS sound files. I notice however that the new Syntronik 2 instruments are really not showing on my preset lists. I see the instruments icon and when I try to filter down to them I only get one or two presets. I also notice from the downloaded files that the samples for the new instruments also contain these few preset files. It appears the download folder may be incomplete. I own the Total Studio 3.5 Max.

Are the Content folders of Syntronik 2 or Syntronik 2 CS registered in the preferences?
Pat.DE

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:46 pm

Are the Content folders of Syntronik 2 or Syntronik 2 CS registered in the preferences?[/quote]

I am not sure where these preferences are that you speak of.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:50 pm

ojaix01@gmail.com wrote:I am not sure where these preferences are that you speak of.

There is a gear icon on the Syntronik2 GUI that calls up the "Settings" window. There you can find the "Library" tab.
Pat.DE

Postby ojaix01@gmail.com » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:57 pm

Pat.DE wrote:
ojaix01@gmail.com wrote:I am not sure where these preferences are that you speak of.

There is a gear icon on the Syntronik2 GUI that calls up the "Settings" window. There you can find the "Library" tab.

Yes, I have both the Syntronik2 and Syntronik 2CS already entered in the library on the settings screen. I can also access the added presets for the legacy instruments. However, for the new Instruments themselves, I only see 3 or fewer presets when I open them.
ojaix01@gmail.com

Postby twilson74 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:03 pm

I'd like to install Syntronik 2 but I don't think I have the HD space to spare on my Mac-- could I get rid of the original Syntronik without losing anything? It seems like it would be redundant to have the same sounds in 1 and 2 both taking up HD space, if thats how it works. Or does Syntronik 2 somehow work with what is already downloaded in Syntronik to not use twice the HD space?

Also, some of the synths never worked in Syntronik-- they'd give error messages when I'd try to pull up their presets-- yet those presets worked in SampleTank 4. Weird.

So I'm wondering if the best course of action is to just remove Syntronik-- and if so, how best to do that-- and then install Syntronik 2. Some of my Logic Projects using Syntronik 1 would be affected though, wouldn't they?

Thanks
twilson74

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements