IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:26 pm

A comprehensive collection of rare and sought-after synths expanded with more models, stunning new sonic accuracy and the deepest editing yet

November 23, 2021 – IK Multimedia releases Syntronik 2, raising the bar for virtual synthesizers. IK's advanced sampling techniques, combined with a hybrid sample and modeling synthesis engine, power this comprehensive collection of rare and sought-after synths with stunning sonic accuracy and the deepest editing.

This is a massively enhanced successor to the previous release, adding 11 legendary synths, exciting new, advanced, and much-requested functionality, and a huge number of all-new presets for the 22 original synths taking advantage of all these new features.

A collection like no other

Syntronik 2 offers 33 synths in all, available in 4 different versions or as individual instruments. There are over 5,500 presets that cover a wide range of sounds from 54 of the most iconic to ultra-rare vintage synthesizers. For fans of the original version, all of the Syntronik and Syntronik Deluxe legacy presets are also included and sound identical in Syntronik 2.

4 synths are better than 1

An easy-to-use layering interface lets users quickly map and play up to 4 different synthesizer parts simultaneously, as well as create advanced splits for maximum flexibility and live performance, while a brand-new controller for Syntronik 2 offers detailed filtering of sustain, PB, MW and AT per part for unparalleled sound design.

New advanced Edit panel

Syntronik 2 adds a new Edit panel with many new user-requested features. There are per-oscillator DRIFT controls, extended envelopes and LFOs along with a programmable modulation matrix. Plus a new Wave Set Browser that lets users choose the sound for each of up to 4 oscillators and 2 suboscillators per preset for a new level of sound design.

DRIFT™ technology

IK's DRIFT technology varies the phase, color and pitch of the sampled oscillators to keep them moving just like the real analog oscillators do. Much more than simple detuning or even multiple-source modulation, DRIFT emulates the way real analog circuits behave over time. The result is the unmistakable sound of analog that is the soul of any classic synthesizer sound.

An arsenal of effects

Syntronik 2 comes with 71 exciting effects derived from IK's popular T-RackS 5 mix and mastering suite, MixBox processors and AmpliTube 5 guitar workstation. Up to 5 effects can be simultaneously inserted on every instrument via a "lunchbox-style" interface, which offers immediate visualization and editing of every parameter from within a single, convenient location.

Dynamic arpeggiators

The 4 synthesizer parts in Syntronik 2 feature a powerful note and chord arpeggiator, each with its own assignable range and settings as well as the ability to store them for instant recall. Along with a new step sequencer, this allows users to build complex rhythmic textures and sequences with extreme ease and inspiring effectiveness.

Find sounds faster

An advanced browser offers fast and convenient navigation of Syntronik 2's vast library of presets to let users find the right sounds in an instant. Content can be browsed by instrument or single sounds. Searches can be refined using keywords and sorted by category, character and type. Users can also rate favorite sounds to find them in a flash.

Fill the tank

Individual sounds from Syntronik 2 can be seamlessly read by SampleTank 4* and used together with IK's ever-growing number of acoustic and electronic instruments. Build complete soundtracks for any style of music within SampleTank alongside new collections such SampleTron 2, Cinekinetik, Electromagnetik and many more.

Try it for free

Syntronik 2 CS is the fully functional and expandable FREE version of Syntronik 2 with 100 instrument presets, 2.4 GB of sound content, 71 effects, 4 Parts, Multis and arpeggiators. Used as a plug-in or standalone virtual instrument, it lets users explore an array of iconic synthesizers.

*requires SampleTank 4.1.5 or later

Pricing and availability

Syntronik 2 is available from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide at special limited-time introductory prices:

Syntronik 2 SE $/€99.99** (reg. $/€149.99) - an accessibly priced version offering 11 synths, 1,000 presets and 13 GB of sounds.

Syntronik 2 $/€199.99 (reg. $/€299.99) - 22 synths, over 4,000 presets and 80 GB of sounds, powered by a state-of-the-art new audio engine

Syntronik 2 MAX $/€299.99 (reg. $/€399.99) - all 33 synths, over 5,500 presets and 210 GB of sounds for a comprehensive synth collection.

Special pricing

Owners of qualifying IK products can log in to their IK user account and add Syntronik 2 MAX to cart to see the special crossgrade and upgrade pricing available to them.

Special offers

For a limited time, purchasers of Total Studio 3.5 MAX or Total VI MAX will receive Syntronik 2 for FREE.

**All pricing excluding taxes.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: IK Multimedia Releases Syntronik 2

Postby gkduncan37 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:41 pm

Will those of use who recently purchased Total Studio 3.5 Max be able to get Syntronik 2 free as well as new purchasers?
If so, is it the Max version?
gkduncan37

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:59 pm

gkduncan37 wrote:Will those of use who recently purchased Total Studio 3.5 Max be able to get Syntronik 2 free as well as new purchasers?
If so, is it the Max version?

It is Syntronik 2 as stated above. That is the currently $/€199.99 (normally $/€299.99) version for free. It should be available to you in your IK Product Manager.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gkduncan37 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:23 pm

Thanks for the quick response Peter.
gkduncan37

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:24 pm

gkduncan37 wrote:Thanks for the quick response Peter.

You're welcome.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pat.DE » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:38 pm

Hello, as the owner of Syntronik 1 deluxe, I installed Syntronik 2 CS today. Unfortunately I cannot load the presets from Syntronik 1 in the new version 2, they are grayed out in the database. If I want to load such a preset, the message "Syntronik xxx library is not authorized. Please launch the Product manager ...." appears.
I can of course see the V1 libraries both in the Product Manager and in my online account.
In Sampletank 4 I can load the presets of all 22 synths of version 1 as well as the new presets of CS version 2.
It just doesn't work with the Syntronik 2 interface.
Pat.DE

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:51 pm

Pat.DE wrote:Hello, as the owner of Syntronik 1 deluxe, I installed Syntronik 2 CS today. Unfortunately I cannot load the presets from Syntronik 1 in the new version 2, they are grayed out in the database. If I want to load such a preset, the message "Syntronik xxx library is not authorized. Please launch the Product manager ...." appears.
I can of course see the V1 libraries both in the Product Manager and in my online account.
In Sampletank 4 I can load the presets of all 22 synths of version 1 as well as the new presets of CS version 2.
It just doesn't work with the Syntronik 2 interface.

Please try the following and if this doesn't work please contact IK Support for direct assistance:

• Load the IK Product Manager
  • UNauthorize the Syntronik 2 there
  • Next, Re-Authorize it again

Custom Shop Application location:
MAC: HD > Applications > Custom Shop
PC: Start > Programs > IK Multimedia > Custom Shop

• Load the Custom Shop application from the location above
  • At the top go to your account name > Restore My Purchases
  • All your modules, etc should be unlocked.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby crystalwave10 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:17 am

Please could you tell me what the difference is between ""Hosts previously purchased synths" in CS/SE and "Upgrades previously purchased synths" in the two higher versions?

Thank you
crystalwave10

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:19 am

crystalwave10 wrote:Please could you tell me what the difference is between ""Hosts previously purchased synths" in CS/SE and "Upgrades previously purchased synths" in the two higher versions?

Thank you

Hosts means that they are the same as you have now. Upgraded means they are upgraded with the new Syntronik 2 versions that take advantage of all the new features and functionality and new engine of Syntronik 2.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Pat.DE » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:20 am

Thanks for the quick response, Peter
Unfortunately, the tips don't help solve the problem.
I will contact support tomorrow
Pat.DE

Postby crystalwave10 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:28 am

Thank you for the super quick reply Peter.
crystalwave10

Postby OldIKUser1 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:29 am

As an owner of TS3Max, as well as every other software product for pc is it a mistake that I get no crossgrade or upgrade discount?

When I attempt to select the crossgrade or upgrade version of max, a popup expounds:
"You are not eligible to purchase this version. Please click here for more details."

Could this be because I purchased the iLoad ts3Max bundle? is this an error of commission? as I do not see the iLoad bundle in the list on the more details page. I am guessing so as I got crossgrade pricing on the SampleTron 2.
OldIKUser1

Postby timbit2006 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:06 am

Yeah I agree. Screw anyone who bought anything in the group buy. Anyone who has syntronik Deluxe from the group buy should be applicable for the upgrade pricing or just outright get Syntronik 2 upgraded like the lucky TSmax buyers that skipped the group buy, it's sad that so many people got baited into the group buy and now probably REALLY REALLY REALLY regret it.
I really hope this issue can be rectified and IK will rethink their customer ethics in this reguard
timbit2006

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:17 am

No rethinking required. People with Syntronik / Syntronik Deluxe from the group buy are eligible and have been eligible from the start. If you aren't seeing the $/€149.99 upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX something is wrong and IK Support can help.

Also, Total Studio 3.5 MAX users and Total VI Max users get Syntronik 2 for free as it says in my post.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby timbit2006 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:05 am

Peter_IK wrote:No rethinking required. People with Syntronik / Syntronik Deluxe from the group buy are eligible and have been eligible from the start. If you aren't seeing the $/€149.99 upgrade to Syntronik 2 MAX something is wrong and IK Support can help.

Also, Total Studio 3.5 MAX users and Total VI Max users get Syntronik 2 for free as it says in my post.

Alright, I'll trust you there and contact support about the upgrade. Sorry about the initial frustration. Is it possible to refund my group buy purchase and just buy TS3.5 max?
timbit2006

Next

Return to News and Announcements