iRig HD 2 and Bluetooth speaker

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

iRig HD 2 and Bluetooth speaker

Postby BenAmoz » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:12 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought an iRig HD 2 and I wanted to know if it was possible to get the audio out on a bluetooth only speaker (or wireless headphones) through the AmpliTube app on my iPhone ? So far I only managed to put it on my headphones directly on the out of the iRig.
For the record the speaker I use is a MegaBoom 2 from ultimate ears.

Many thanks in advance for all the help you can provide !
BenAmoz

Re: iRig HD 2 and Bluetooth speaker

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Apr 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi, when any interface is plugged into an iOS device that interface's output is used and the audio stream cannot be rerouted to the device's speaker, Bluetooth headphones, etc. This is an iOS design, and we have an FAQ here about that: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1284

Also note that the latency of audio sent to Bluetooth devices would make real-time audio processing/playing an unsatisfactory experience so most apps (like AmpliTube and others that are not IK) do not support audio over Bluetooth for this reason. Basically, even if it was possible to route the interface output via Bluetooth, the apps wouldn't typically support this nor would it be a pleasant experience to produce music this way.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bernhard.hofer » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:12 pm

:( Why doesn‘t Ik just integrate a bluetooth module into the irig? Shouldn‘t be more than 10 € and a mobile workflow typically includes wireless ear plugs and not a messy studio headphone
bernhard.hofer

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:14 pm

bernhard.hofer wrote::( Why doesn‘t Ik just integrate a bluetooth module into the irig? Shouldn‘t be more than 10 € and a mobile workflow typically includes wireless ear plugs and not a messy studio headphone

There's still enough of a delay in Bluetooth to hinder real-time audio processing. Playing through an iRig interface or microphone in real time would not be a satisfying experience with any added latency.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jdickey52 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:09 pm

I understand the latency issue. But that's not my concern. Here's my intended application - I am not real-time monitoring, just recording aside on an iPad with GarageBand. I just want to get rid of a microphone cable. Would this work?: (1) iRig + 3.5mm female-female adapter + Bluetooth transmiter, sending it's signal to (2) a matched receiver plugged into my iPad phone jack(?).

TIA
jdickey52

Postby MikeFloutier » Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:42 pm

I’m wrestling with this too and since my BT output is a synth pad I’m not worried by latency.

I’ve got a tiny BT transmitter I’m not using so I’ll give it a whirl.
MikeFloutier

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories