Announcing T-⁠RackS FAME Studio Reverb

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Announcing T-⁠RackS FAME Studio Reverb

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:22 pm

An officially certified collection of the legendary studio’s live rooms, iso booths and more

November 4, 2021 – IK Multimedia announces T-RackS FAME Studio Reverb, capturing the sound and vibe of FAME Studios and offering innovative controls for achieving the Muscle Shoals sound in any studio.

Among recording artists, it's called the "hit recording capital of the world." For over 60 years, FAME Recording Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama, has produced an endless stream of iconic hits powered by a sound that simply can't be found anywhere else in the world, until now.

Pricing and availability

T-RackS FAME Studio Reverb is coming this November and is available for pre-order from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide at a special limited-time introductory price of $/€129.99* (reg. $/€149.99).

Special pricing

Owners of T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 SE, Total Studio 2 or 3, Sunset Sound Studio Reverb, TASCAM Tape Collection, Tape Machine Collection, or 5 or more T-RackS 5 processors can log in and add T-RackS FAME Studio Reverb to cart to see an exclusive discount** at check-out.

*All pricing excluding taxes

**Exclusive discounts cannot be combined with JamPoints
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Announcing T-⁠RackS FAME Studio Reverb

Postby supanorton » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:34 am

Cool! Can’t wait for this one. Next we need Muscle Shoals Sound Studio!
supanorton

Postby twilson74 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 12:37 pm

I pre-ordered this one but wish I could cancel that and just upgrade to the new TS3.5 Max so I could get the FAME reverb AND the new Tascam Tape Collection together for about the same price. D'Oh!

I own a lot of different reverbs but the Sunset Sound is better than anything else I've used, IMO-- especially on vocals. So I expect that the FAME reverb will be amazing too.
twilson74

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 09, 2021 4:39 pm

twilson74 wrote:I pre-ordered this one but wish I could cancel that and just upgrade to the new TS3.5 Max so I could get the FAME reverb AND the new Tascam Tape Collection together for about the same price. D'Oh!

I own a lot of different reverbs but the Sunset Sound is better than anything else I've used, IMO-- especially on vocals. So I expect that the FAME reverb will be amazing too.

You can contact IK Support and they should be able to assist you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby twilson74 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:53 pm

Thanks Peter. I can only imagine all the deluge of requests, etc the support team has to deal with regarding the 25X1 promo and I felt a little bad and didn't want to add to it. I hope you guys are getting some bonuses and vacation time.

But I did send 'em a message and if they can help me out on it, awesome. :)

The Total Studio Max 3.5 upgrade is a great deal.
twilson74

Postby OldIKUser1 » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:41 pm

Peter-any ballpark on when this software will be made available to the pre-order buyers?

No panic here just curious roughly how long it will be, until the actual release.
OldIKUser1

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:43 pm

OldIKUser1 wrote:Peter-any ballpark on when this software will be made available to the pre-order buyers?

No panic here just curious roughly how long it will be, until the actual release.

We expect to release FAME this month. Barring any issues with full approval/signoff by the FAME folks or unexpected "blocker" bugs, as per usual, but it is looking good.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Sat Nov 20, 2021 10:45 pm

Checking my email and here a couple of times per day! Can't wait for this. And thanks for the added discount! What a surprise that was!
supanorton

Postby supanorton » Thu Nov 25, 2021 5:41 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! Woke up to find FAME Studio Reverb ready to go. Can't wait to put it on a new track I'm working on! Thanks, IK!
supanorton

Postby Trilian75 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:17 pm

What tape machines have been used at Fame Studios?
Trilian75

Postby supanorton » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:57 pm

Trilian75 wrote:What tape machines have been used at Fame Studios?

Studio A maintains an MCI JH 24, which is the Tape Machine 24 in the T-Racks Tape Machine Collection
supanorton

Postby Trilian75 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:23 pm

Thanks for the info I'm still trying to make my mind up on which tape plugin.
Trilian75

Postby livesforrap » Mon Dec 13, 2021 3:08 pm

I'll tell you what. I have sunset sound studios and it's AMAZING!
But I ended up getting this because....well...IT'S AMAZING!

Some of the things I like:

-The rooms. For guitar isolation, they are really nice. Using as a send(hate it as an insert personally) , they provide a bit richer sound. The "eq" is important (cut the low some, boost the highs just a bit) and you get something that makes the guitar sound bigger and really more present. Drums are great too. Sometimes it's better than the "room" in virtual drums (yes, I'm totally inside the box).

The chamber and the plates. Is it possible to have the "lo fi" reverb that is still thick and mesmerizing? If so, this is it. Again, a low cut and a soft hi boost is you friend (especially on the plate) but you can't deny the results. Very pleasing and don't discount the pre-delay a bit) I like to shorten the "time" and just enjoy the results.

Ok, babbling on, but this is even MORE flexible than the Sunset Sound Studio verb in many ways. That's saying something

Also, currently on top of the "introductory price" there is another nice discount available. So, if you want it, this is the best time to get it. Sorry mods, had to mention that :)

I did almost the FULL demo period (which is much better that other custom shop options, thanks IK!) and it wasn't much of a option to buy. At first it's like "hey, between SSS and my Rehab labs LX 480, why do I need this?" and then it became obvious.

A truly unique product, and a fair price (currently) that can please many. You make your own mind but I'm happy about the journey that led me here :)
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby qin.xingzhi@163.com » Thu Feb 08, 2024 3:22 pm

I'm right now using it, It's very great!
qin.xingzhi@163.com

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox