axe io software out dated message

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Re: axe io software out dated message

Postby kebbb0 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:47 pm

I just installed my brand new AXE I/O and it's control software and am also getting "Your software is outdated" Notification when i start the control panel.

Tried downloading and installing from both the Product manager and from the website, still get the message.
kebbb0

Postby lee » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:18 pm

Same here. Latest version, 1.2.0 installed.
lee

Postby Inter44jimmy » Sun Nov 21, 2021 3:10 pm

Same with me on a new installation of Amplitube 5 Max. In addition to that I do not see the presets in Amplitube 5 - but they are installed in the user folder under \Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5.

Does anybody know the file where the pass can be set to the preset folder?

Thanks in advance ans kind regards
Inter44jimmy

Postby Ramses2ii » Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:23 am

Hello,

just to confirm I created a support ticket on this, as it was unclear if there was already one or not.

Support Ticket Opened [#8509407]

I will let you know what they say as soon as I get more information.
AXE I/O - AmpliTube 5 MAX - Tonex MAX - Behringer FCB1010+EurekaPROM3.2
Ramses2ii

Postby Inter44jimmy » Mon Nov 22, 2021 9:01 am

Thanks for your mail - I will inform you as well when I get new information.
Inter44jimmy

Postby Ramses2ii » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:34 am

Hello,

I got an answer to this

Support Ticket Opened [#8509407]

They say that this problem is a known issue and the fix (upgrade) will be out soon.

So I think it will show up in IK Product Manager quite soon.
Ramses2ii

Postby chuck80120 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:19 am

I was also getting this message -- for several days. I eventually discovered that I would work around it by clicking the "X" in the upper-right corner of the message. Reinstalled and rebooted many times and the message never went away.

Now, the AXE IO Control Panel app does not start at all. In less than one second, it quits. The app is not running in the background. Nothing appears on the screen. There are no error messages even if I use the MacOS "open" command to start the application. Same behavior if I double-click on the application while holding down the "Option" key. Again, I have reinstalled and rebooted (and even power-cycled) many times and the behavior is the same.

Amplitube appears to pick up sound from the interface, but I am unable to route that sound to any other application. My AXE IO unit for which I waited two months for delivery is now useless to me.
chuck80120

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:32 am

chuck80120 wrote:I was also getting this message -- for several days. I eventually discovered that I would work around it by clicking the "X" in the upper-right corner of the message. Reinstalled and rebooted many times and the message never went away.

Now, the AXE IO Control Panel app does not start at all. In less than one second, it quits. The app is not running in the background. Nothing appears on the screen. There are no error messages even if I use the MacOS "open" command to start the application. Same behavior if I double-click on the application while holding down the "Option" key. Again, I have reinstalled and rebooted (and even power-cycled) many times and the behavior is the same.

Amplitube appears to pick up sound from the interface, but I am unable to route that sound to any other application. My AXE IO unit for which I waited two months for delivery is now useless to me.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/hw

Please note, though, that AXE I/O is class compliant so it would not need drivers on macOS and would function as a proper audio interface. The Control Panel software is not required to use the audio interface functionality of AXE I/O in the mean time while support squares away any remaining issues you have.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby FlyVFR4fun » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:31 am

Ramses2ii wrote:Hello,

I just got my brand new bundle Axe I/O and Amplitube 5 MAX and installed everything as there was instructed.

When I launch AXE I/O Control software I got the same message:

The AXE I/O Control software is outdated. Please download the updated version here:

AXE I/O Control Panel download page

But when I hit the link, it takes me to a Product Download page that recommends me to install IK Product Manager v.1.0.4 for Windows

IK Product Manager in Hardware -section shows that I have AXE I/O and in it's software download is AXE_IO_Control_Software_(1.2.0).zip

That is the one I have downloaded and installed.

When I open the AXE I/O Control Software INFO I can see versions
App:1.2.0 0G07
Firmware: 1.10
Driver:4.86.0

I think I have everything as new as possible, but still every time I run the AXE I/O Control Software it complains my software is outdated.

Has someone found a solution to that? I understood that someone has made a support request of that matter already?

Thank you.

I have the same bundle and exactly word for word the same problem. It's definetly not an isolated issue and IK needs to look into it.
FlyVFR4fun

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:49 am

It isn't global from what I can see as I and others have run AXE I/O on M1 Macs (and Windows 10 and 11 too) for a while now without any such issue.

IK Support is there to help you with the problem, and yes they will look into any issue reported to them so please open a ticket. Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lee » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:00 pm

Peter_IK wrote:It isn't global from what I can see as I and others have run AXE I/O on M1 Macs (and Windows 10 and 11 too) for a while now without any such issue.

IK Support is there to help you with the problem, and yes they will look into any issue reported to them so please open a ticket. Thanks!

Still the same problem for me. Contacted support over two weeks ago, no reply.
If anybody has found a fix for this please post on forum.
lee

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:35 pm

If you have a support ticket that you feel isn't being handled to your satisfaction, please see the guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chuck80120 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:40 am

I was able to work-around the "not starting at all" issue via, on the MacOS command line:

'/Applications/AXE IO Control Panel.app/Contents/MacOS/AXE IO Control Panel'

Single or double-quotes around the command are required because of the embedded spaces.

So, now I'm back to the same "software is out-of-date" issue that everyone else is has been reporting for about a month now. What is the ETA for a fix? Is anyone actively working on this? What is the URL where can I check on the status of the resolution? Has anyone at IKM been able to reproduce this yet?
chuck80120

Postby Ramses2ii » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:30 am

I got this answer from IK Support when I created a service request on this problem (as I wrote here before, see some posts above):

22. November 2021

AXE I/O Control Software software outdated message [#8509407]

This is a known issue we are working on now and the update will be out to resolve this.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If you still have any question, interests, or concerns, please reply to this email and an agent will get back to you as soon as possible. Please make sure to reply to this email and do not open another support ticket.

Jason W - Technical Support Supervisor

Ramses2ii

Postby FlyVFR4fun » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 am

Thank you @Ramses2ii !.
FlyVFR4fun

PreviousNext

Return to Interfaces & Controllers