Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Official MODO Bass Wish List!

Postby fiveblairs » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:50 pm

I just bought MODO Bass and I AM BLOWN AWAY!

Here are a couple of requests:

1) Adding a Danelectro Longhorn Bass to the instrument models would be great.
2) Adding tapewound strings as an option would also be a nice addition.

Keep up the good work!
fiveblairs

Postby bosone » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:46 pm

add a custom tuning, so I can use open D, G, C, F strings (or similar)! :)
bosone

Postby speash » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:02 pm

Please add automation functionality.
speash

Postby fabulous_fab » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:46 pm

bass riffs / midi patterns is cruelly missing . (i.e. something a la Toontrack EZ drummer)

+1, Toontrack is making money selling MIDI packs, why not doing the same?
fabulous_fab

Postby fiveblairs » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:52 pm

Another bass model for the wish list: How about a Fender Bass VI?

Thank you for your efforts.
fiveblairs

Postby snappleman » Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:04 am

I'm gonna be wishing for native M1 support before anything else, Steinberg is forcing Cubase users into a corner not offering an x86 bridge like other some other DAWs so if I'm gonna be using modo bass at all once I update to native Cubase it will have to be if an M1 version comes out.

As far as actual modo bass features I'm thinking something hyper-stupid like a bass Floyd. Floating trem modeling... I just got the SE version to try out on this new mac and modo bass effin' rips. So good.
snappleman

Postby BjornMP7 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:03 pm

We need an option to MIDI control the "Volume" knob on the bass electronics under the "Electronic" section. Currently it's only possible to control the Master Volume (post FX) under the "Amp/FX" section.

We need this to do epic stuff like this 8-)
https://youtu.be/L8-N5T0Ml5s?t=548
BjornMP7

Postby Cdbaksu84 » Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:30 pm

+1 for native Apple Silicon.

Please make it happen!
Cdbaksu84

Postby Jeff.Tune.K » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:34 am

+1 Apple Silicon :!: :!: :!:
Jeff.Tune.K

Postby joem526 » Fri May 27, 2022 7:01 pm

Modo Bass could really benefit from a drag and drop audio to MIDI converter [mod redacted - unnecessary]. I was disappointed to see something like this was omitted when I received Modo Bass 2.
joem526

Postby GuitarBingo » Sat May 28, 2022 5:51 am

Great to see that we do have a big pattern collection now, with also using the articulation options.
Unfortunately, I feel the usage possibilities are unnecessarily limited, since the patterns cannot be transposed directly in MODO BASS.
When you try to find working patterns for your song, most of the time the key doesn't fit. Of course I can drag and drop the MIDI to a track in my DAW (Logic Pro X), but when I transpose it there the articulations are transposed along and do no longer work!

Would it be possible to export the articulations so that Logic understands them „natively“, as you can define them in articulation sets?

Also: why not adding a swing/shuffle control!?

Dreaming: The patterns would be perfect if MODO BASS had an analysis function for chords, like EZKeys from Toontrack can do.
GuitarBingo

Postby chanceoperation » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:11 pm

Put this in your thinking cap: Now that we have patterns in both Bass and Drum, find some way to have great musicians suggest matches between them. I think done well this will make both instruments more valuable. 1+1=3.
chanceoperation

Postby areles » Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:54 pm

fiveblairs wrote:Another bass model for the wish list: How about a Fender Bass VI?

Thank you for your efforts.

I emphatically agree! Fender Bass Six and/or the Danelectro 6-string bass for ex: the "Wichita Lineman" solo sound.
In the 50s and 60s a six string bass was often played in unison with a stand up. An option that combines those two sounds would be a great addition.
areles

Postby bamim2 » Fri Sep 30, 2022 6:09 pm

I apologize if this sounds like a repeat, but after reading all of the posts, I believe this to be different. I play keyboard bass with my left hand on an 88 key keyboard that has a keysplit to allow a different MIDI Channel on the lower side of the split than the upper. That said, I like to use MODO Bass as my "go to" bass, but since there's no control in the plugin to transpose it, I cannot. On an 88 key keyboard, MB doesn't map the strings to their "correct" pitch. At lease it doesn't map them to where those same notes are played on an piano keyboard. That could all be turned from a short coming to a choice, very easily, by adding a "Transpose up an Octave" switch to the plugin.

If a simple transpose feature was built in to the MODO Bass Plugin, it would open its use up to many other hosts. Not all hosts have that feature. Sure, all PRO DAWs have a transpose feature, but performing musicians don't always have the luxury of taking Protools togo.

Thank you for making many great products. . . :D
bamim2

Postby mikeguitar » Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:08 pm

New to Modo2. What an astounding instrument, one of the cleverest and comprehensive instruments I've seen.

My main request here is for detune/custom tunings. As mentioned if your song is in a lower tuning you won't be able to access the open strings, for example. In my case the Slide Legato won't work either. Seems like you can kill two birds with one stone with this request.
An alternative to my Slide Legato could be a 'override' to remove the realistic slides feature.

Another feature for Slide Legato is slide down to an open string.

Some other feature requests to add my +1

Midi channel as a Controller type. I could use this to force strings. (In Cubase expression maps you only have one expression at a time, so using a Midi channel can solve that issue easily. I suppose i could also try using a Midi CC... haven't tried that yet.)

Pickups to stay constant when switching bass

Modo Guitar! I would love to have a guitar version of this, I hope you guys are working on it!
mikeguitar

PreviousNext

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS