iRig Stream issue on iOS 15

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

iRig Stream issue on iOS 15

Postby Billevans8 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:24 am

Not sure if it's related to the latest iOS, but since I updated to 15.0.2 I noticed an erratic behavior with my iRig Stream on iPhone.

The signal is detected, and after a while (some minutes) it is not detected anymore, the level LED becomes fixed blue and the streaming app does not receive any sound. It happens particularly on Instagram.

To remedy, I unplug and replug the iRig, shoot a video with the Camera app to ensure signal goes thru (light moves to green/red as usual), then go back to Instagram. But this doesn't work every time.

I also noticed on the top left a flickering orange microphone icon, as if it was switching between mic modes very fast. Maybe the new Mic Mode function is what prevents the device to function smoothly.
Billevans8

Re: iRig Stream issue on iOS 15

Postby Frankly » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 am

I just bought one iRig stream today and I am having the same problem. My signal chain is: Shure MV 7 mic - Dynamite fixed preamp - Zoom H8 on podcast mode - Line out via cable (P2 TRS to RCA) - iRig stream - iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Sometimes the signal is ok and sounds amazing. Sometimes turn off the signal and I have only blue light turned on. Is there anybody have a solution? Thank you.
Frankly

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:04 am

iRig Stream should work fine in iOS 15. Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Billevans8 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:19 am

I investigated further and the problem occurs when using the power adaptor.
When not plugged to power, it works fine. I am following up with support and will post updates here.
Billevans8

Postby Frankly » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:41 pm

Thanks, Billevans8. Just waiting for news.
Frankly

Postby Frankly » Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:34 pm

I make a video (please ignore the other things on my table :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbM54Yr-N2E
Frankly

Postby Billevans8 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:00 pm

Try to start filming a video
Or use the free iRig Recorder app
Send music and the lights should turn on.
Billevans8

Postby Frankly » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:10 pm

Billevans8 wrote:Try to start filming a video
Or use the free iRig Recorder app
Send music and the lights should turn on.

Thanks for your help.

I just tried this. Its an intermitent issue. Sometimes it works, sometimes not working.

If its a firmware update will be nice. If not will be so bad.
Frankly

Postby Billevans8 » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:16 pm

Contact support and explain your problem. They are very helpful
Billevans8

Postby viquezmario16 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:13 am

It’s April 2022 and I just bought one and it’s happening exactly that. Help!!
viquezmario16

Postby Billevans8 » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:52 am

Been communicating with support for months. We tried a few things, including replacing the cable for iPhone. They deny this is a firmware issue. I am stuck.
Billevans8

Postby moosdohmen » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:33 pm

I have the same issue. I tested with the official iRig PSU 3A and with another power adapter with the same specs. IOS 15.4.1. Behavior is consistent: I record sound through the iRig, either with the iRig recorder, or with the Camera app, or with the FocusLive app.
Without power adapter all is fine, but with the power adapter connected the sound drops out after some 7-8 minutes in my case. I also tried energy save mode on and off for the iPhone, no difference. Very disappointing.
moosdohmen

Postby Agarcia3293 » Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:29 am

I’m having the same issue. When connecting the irig stream to my iPhone with the lighting port that was provided, it will not connect and the phone still uses external phone mic. Plugged it in to my iPad with type C and it works perfectly fine. There has to be an issue with the connection issue or firmware issue when it comes to iPhones using lightings port
Agarcia3293

Postby LeeDavid1 » Sat May 14, 2022 5:46 pm

May 14th, bougth a brande new iRig Stream and guess waht? Same issue. Read the replies here and for it seems to be a firmware issue uncompatible with this new iOS 15 somehow.
Sometimes it works by doing a bunch of things like opening the IK app, or opening the native camera before going live, or just going live and plug very fast when the stream starts. It's anoying because it is not a workaround or even a perminant fix. You gotta try all the steps provided here on this forum or even try something new. Anyways IK should work with Apple to resolve this, other wise what is the meaning of the statement on the box: "Made for iPod | Iphone | Ipad" ?

Note: It works perfectly on my android device and my PC.

IK PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!!!!
LeeDavid1

Postby Peter_IK » Sun May 15, 2022 10:20 pm

Billevans8 wrote:Contact support and explain your problem. They are very helpful

This is the best advice, anybody having issues can have them resolved by reporting issues to IK Support. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to Interfaces & Controllers