Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby guido.maat » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:14 pm

An easyer way (right click and 'learn' maybe?) to add a controller to Leslies speed control.

Manually having to route it has been a pain for years.

LOVE your software otherwise.
guido.maat

Postby ionAurum » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:00 pm

+1 I would like to be able to drag any plugin into the signal chain. Then I could live only within the stand alone as opposed to dealing with Reaper wrapping multiple instances of Amplitube which makes not only live playing clunky, but tone chasing difficult.
ionAurum

Postby rspst14 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Four things I'd like to see in the future:

1. On some pieces of gear, I have no idea what all the controls do. The gear manual is extremely helpful, but many users are probably not aware that one even exists. Once you find it, you have to bring up the .pdf file each time you are unsure of something. It would be great if I could right-click something in the signal chain and pull up the same information from the manual. A quick explanation of the gear and what each control does would be a huge help. This was done for the speakers in Amplitube 5, I'd like to see it extended to every piece of gear.

2. Loading and saving model presets could be more useful if I didn't already need to have the same piece of gear in my signal chain. What I mean is, I assumed I could save a bunch of 4x12 cabinet/speaker combinations and flip through them to see how each one sounded with my preset. What I found is that it doesn't work that way, I can only load a model preset for the cabinet that's already in my signal chain. If I want to load a model preset for a different cabinet, I have to first select that cabinet.

3. 90% of the questions on this forum involve one of two things: purchased gear is not available, and white noise/hiss on certain pieces of gear. Now that the custom shop is more integrated with Amplitube, why not just automatically reauthorize purchased gear when the program loads? This one change would dramatically reduce the number of questions from new users who don't fully understand how this works. As for trial gear, it might be better to just completely disable it once the trial period is up.

[mod redacted - not a feature request for AmpliTube, also review rules for posting/support/etc]
rspst14

Postby LocoGhoul » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:09 pm

* A Marc Bolan's package. He really did use unusual gear, indeed.... That can be quite a challenge for IK! :lol: (Amps: Vampower Leadmaster 100 watt head; HH Electronic IC 100S amplifier; He is also known for using onstage amps like Orange -OR-50/120 types, maybe-, or Plexis. Effects: Dallas Rangemaster treble booster -the one which is emulated in the Brian May's booster seems to weak compared to the real Rangemaster-; Colorsound Wah-Wah; Vox McCoy Wah; John Hornby Skewes Shatterbox fuzz (booster+fuzz); Bison Tape Echo).

* New Fender's effects pedals (reverb, delay, fuzz, compressor, etc.)

* Shin-ey FY2 fuzzbox

* DIY: A feature to create and tweak your own amps (a la Amplitube 3, where you could change the preamp, EQ, tube, etc. the Amplitube amplifiers). This could also apply to designing your own pedal!
LocoGhoul

Postby marcroth » Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 pm

It would be great if we could add VST plugins in the AT5 standalone FX chain. In particular, I would like to use ARC3 in AT5 instead of having to use a DAW to combine the two.
Thanks for consideration in future updates.
marcroth

Postby thievedletter » Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:44 pm

Another thing I'd like added:

Auto-wah switch on ALL wah pedals. I don't understand why only some wahs available in Amplitube have an auto-switch. Surely this function could be made available for all the wah pedals?
thievedletter

Postby Aquila Rossa » Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:55 pm

Feature request?

I have two.

First is I really like the Mikko Plexi model and their 2203 one is very good too. I'd love it if AT5 standalone mode let me load third party amp models like it does with IRs. I really like the AT5 IR loader and the way it lets me do high and low pass with my Celestion ones. Having an amp loader would be so useful.

The other would be being able to load T-Racks in standalone mode, so I can buy and use that Sunset Sound reverb without loading my DAW, but I guess that would have standalone gravitating toward being a DAW (it already is in a way, so why not I guess).

I use AT5 standalone for practice and noodling etc. It's more convenient than firing up DAW A one stop shop, but that extra functionality would be good.

Actually, I have another request. I have T-Racks CS installed. Reaper's plugin browser shows all the T-Racks that I do not own. It is a big pain in the butt working out which ones I can use and can not. I guess IK installs them locally even if we do not own them, so we can trial them. There must be a better way that does not clutter up my plugins browser in DAW. I end up just uninstalling T-Racks and using non IK stuff.

P.S. The message telling us to have the product manager running to demo stuff is annoying. I do not need to be told twice. Please add a 'don't show this message again' tick box.
Aquila Rossa

Cross-platform Gear Models

Postby j4k-msc » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:44 am

Owning T-Racks plugins or MixBox licenses unlocks their available AmpliTube CS counterparts, e.g. T-Racks Black 76 Limiting Amplifier unlocks Black 76 in AT5, etc.
j4k-msc

Re: Cross-platform Gear Models

Postby thievedletter » Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:14 am

j4k-msc wrote:Owning T-Racks plugins or MixBox licenses unlocks their available AmpliTube CS counterparts, e.g. T-Racks Black 76 Limiting Amplifier unlocks Black 76 in AT5, etc.

I don't think that is true.
thievedletter

Postby garfy » Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:57 pm

thievedletter wrote:
j4k-msc wrote:Owning T-Racks plugins or MixBox licenses unlocks their available AmpliTube CS counterparts, e.g. T-Racks Black 76 Limiting Amplifier unlocks Black 76 in AT5, etc.

I don't think that is true.

For sake of clarity, I think user @thievedletter is posting this as a suggestion.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby rspst14 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:54 am

I know you can lock the cabinet so that it doesn't get automatically replaced when you change amps. I'd like to see the same feature extended to speakers. I don't think this functionality currently exists, I'd like to be able to pick a set of speakers and lock it so I can quickly flip through cabinets of the same size to see how each one sounds with the speakers I've selected. Right now, I have to reset the speakers each time I change the cabinet.
rspst14

Postby carlaz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:34 pm

rspst14 wrote:I know you can lock the cabinet so that it doesn't get automatically replaced when you change amps. I'd like to see the same feature extended to speakers. I don't think this functionality currently exists, I'd like to be able to pick a set of speakers and lock it so I can quickly flip through cabinets of the same size to see how each one sounds with the speakers I've selected. Right now, I have to reset the speakers each time I change the cabinet.

"Me, too!" It would be very useful to be able to quickly trial a given speaker combination in different cabinets.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby JasonFunk » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:46 pm

Is there any chance in the future IK plans on updating presets so they can be saved to a cloud? It could be their own cloud that always links it, or maybe even allow it to save to people's iClouds or whatever and automatically update.

I always backup my presets to iCloud, but because I use two different computers for playing I constantly need to go and physically transfer everything back and forth. If I don't play for a week I might forget which one is the current settings and then overwrite the wrong one and lose settings. It's such a pain, and I know even cheap iPhone games have their own cloud savings so that you can switch devices instantly with no issues. An update including automatic cloud storing/backup/transfer/update would be greatly appreciated in the modern day with tech advances. Just a suggestion that would be useful. Thanks.
JasonFunk

Postby j4k-msc » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:55 pm

I’d simplify this request as:
Allow us set our custom folders for presets.
You’re right, this should be a thing. Very basic, yet very practical feature.

JasonFunk wrote:Is there any chance in the future IK plans on updating presets so they can be saved to a cloud? It could be their own cloud that always links it, or maybe even allow it to save to people's iClouds or whatever and automatically update.

I always backup my presets to iCloud, but because I use two different computers for playing I constantly need to go and physically transfer everything back and forth. If I don't play for a week I might forget which one is the current settings and then overwrite the wrong one and lose settings. It's such a pain, and I know even cheap iPhone games have their own cloud savings so that you can switch devices instantly with no issues. An update including automatic cloud storing/backup/transfer/update would be greatly appreciated in the modern day with tech advances. Just a suggestion that would be useful. Thanks.
j4k-msc

Postby hotsweetbbq » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:23 pm

1) "Tonematch" feature similar to Fractal's where an external audio track can be used as an input to update a cab block IR to sound like the external track.
2) "Guitar IR" feature to map source pickups to IRs of other guitar's pickups and automatically swap from assigned IR to assigned IR as the pickup switch is used by recognizing the change in source IR.

Thanks!
hotsweetbbq

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling