Delete Loops, leave virtual instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Delete Loops, leave virtual instruments

Postby ManFromNapa74 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:12 am

I got SampleTank for all of the virtual instruments, but I don't want the loops. They just take up hard drive space. Is there anyway to delete the loops, but keep the instruments?
Check out my band Thru The Haze
https://www.thruthehazeband.com
ManFromNapa74

Re: Delete Loops, leave virtual instruments

Postby DarkStar » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:29 pm

Yes, but only if you have to understand what you are doing.

In ST4, each sound consists of an "instrument-definition" file (with a .st4i file extension) and one (or more?) sample files (with a .pak file extension).

All you need to do is remove the files you don't want. It would be best to back them up somewhere, so you can bring them back if needed. The problem is finding out which ones to remove. There is no published information.

The best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one help. Be s specific as you can about which sounds you want to remove. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More