IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby zedd » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:43 pm

josuefebles wrote:I have the AmpliTube SVX collection. On the dropdown menu, as a 50$ eligible product, I can see the AmpliTube SVX 2 upgrade.
Does that mean I can get the SVX 2 at that price (it normally costs 99$) because I already have the SVX?
Or is that an extended version if you already own the SVX 2?

If it is in your custom dropdown menu it is a valid selection for you.

I believe by upgrade they mean "crossgrade". Select that and you are getting the full SVX 2 gear collection, all different from SVX original. Great deal!
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby josuefebles » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:02 pm

zedd wrote:
josuefebles wrote:I have the AmpliTube SVX collection. On the dropdown menu, as a 50$ eligible product, I can see the AmpliTube SVX 2 upgrade.
Does that mean I can get the SVX 2 at that price (it normally costs 99$) because I already have the SVX?

I believe by upgrade they mean "crossgrade". Select that and you are getting the full SVX 2 gear collection, all different from SVX original. Great deal!

Sounds Heavy-weight bass great! Thank you!!
josuefebles

Postby mistermahler1 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:45 pm

josuefebles wrote:
zedd wrote:

Sounds Heavy-weight bass great! Thank you!!

I also got both upgrade and full version as option in the slots

Running out of items I wonder if to get both

Would allow me to use on two machines at once, according to the license,..

(might be used simultaniously as I consider extra dedicated AT stand-alone always ready)

Don't know if there is any controll pon that license-thing IRL though

And if not two licenses might be wasted money and license-paranoia :lol:
mistermahler1

Postby zedd » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:11 pm

mistermahler1 wrote:And if not two licenses might be wasted money and license-paranoia :lol:

From the Amplitube 5 license agreement:

You may install and use the Product, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the Licensee; (b) the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, and (c) any computer(s) with the Product installed shall not be sold, rented, leased, loaned or otherwise be removed from the Licensee’s possession without first removing (uninstalling) the Product, except as provided in Paragraph 4.5 (below) pertaining to “Software Transfer”.

IKM does not expect you to have multiple copies of the same software in order to use it on your own different devices. Giving those devices to others to use separately from you is not allowed of course, but there is no reason for you to not to have the software installed on devices that you use so that you can go back and forth between them.

The SVX upgrade and full version that you were seeing should both be the same thing, I believe. Just choose one of them and register it.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:16 pm

zedd wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:And if not two licenses might be wasted money and license-paranoia :lol:

From the Amplitube 5 license agreement:

You may install and use the Product, or any prior version thereof for the same operating system, on up to three (3) computers, provided that (a) each computer is owned by (or leased to) and under the exclusive control of the Licensee; (b) the Product shall NOT be used simultaneously on more than one machine, and (c) any computer(s) with the Product installed shall not be sold, rented, leased, loaned or otherwise be removed from the Licensee’s possession without first removing (uninstalling) the Product, except as provided in Paragraph 4.5 (below) pertaining to “Software Transfer”.

IKM does not expect you to have multiple copies of the same software in order to use it on your own different devices. Giving those devices to others to use separately from you is not allowed of course, but there is no reason for you to not to have the software installed on devices that you use so that you can go back and forth between them.

The SVX upgrade and full version that you were seeing should both be the same thing, I believe. Just choose one of them and register it.

Thanks, I relax then, and try to find better ways to use my free slots, though it gets hard :lol:
mistermahler1

Postby ttinker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:34 pm

Triple-dipper, you're the one
You make the Group Buy lots of fun

(channeling my inner Ernie)...

But seriously, with 6 more to go before we max out, I thought what the heck, I'd jump in for a final purchase to use a few more Jam Points and grab the rest of the Amplitube singles, and who knows, maybe be the 25,000th purchase just for fun. Not too far off of it in any case!

Anyway we should tick over in the next hour or so one way or another...
ttinker

Postby Steel_Ol » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:44 pm

I´m a Triple-Dipper too.

Started with nothing, now have nearly everything.

This Group Buy was fantastic.

Cheers
Steel_Ol

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:52 pm

Its about time to fill the last free slots :P

2 Question about T-Racks:

Got both 5 & 5 SE as they impliment eachother, all the rest I got as singles, some both single and 5/5SE

(1) Is there any prefered prepartion, way to install, or issues to consider ?????

(so f.eks. they will apear uncluttered in Studio One, being able to browse in the same folder, and so on)

(2) Got some ancient T-Rack 3 plugs, etc, not updated for years it seems when looking in "My Products"

But it seems as they show up perfect in CS and the product manager,

Am I right assuming they will install fine in latest version despite discontinued in "my products" ????

(becourse if not I will update them all to latest version not labeled "3")

Strange as I never got a chance to upgrade these AFAIK, now they just look discontinued since 2011

That would be a license just disapearing ,.. the later ones are just the same plug but updated

As if its just renamed ,.. threwing the old customers of the wagon

mistermahler1

Postby Fen1xSyd » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:52 pm

All those hours I spent mentally budgeting which freebies to pick up, got them all in the end :D

Good work to everyone on the forum here and thanks to IK, its been a fun ride 8-)
Fen1xSyd

Postby juergen_b » Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:55 pm

25000 accomplished! Congratulations! Thank you IK Multimedia!
juergen_b

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:05 pm

CONGRATS TO US ALL :D

ttinker wrote:Triple-dipper, you're the one

I made it 5 :-) (ranging from 60 to 200 bucks)

But I also maxed out both Amplitube, T-Racks, and Sampletank + most instruments

ARC, MODO'S, Hammond, Mellotron, Lursen, Mixbox, and Miroslav CE as well

Added Resonator outside the GB

Some MEMS for Arc also ,.. found cheap elsewhere

Unfortunate they dont deliver the MEMS with common calibration file to general use

This despite they can use the same file, no individual calibration needed, unbelievable

I will have to figure if I can make this file myself for use in REW

(I build loudspeakers)

Anyway ,... best GB ever !!!
mistermahler1

Postby ttinker » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:24 pm

mistermahler1 wrote:As if its just renamed ,.. threwing the old customers of the wagon

Quite the opposite, as I understand it - you get the new version, which loads up in TR5 - it won't show up as a new purchase, which it isn't, but your (12-year-old) license(s) for the classic stuff are still valid for the current versions, with whatever improvements have happened since (cosmetic or under the hood). Not too shabby I'd say!
ttinker

Postby mistermahler1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:35 pm

ttinker wrote:
mistermahler1 wrote:As if its just renamed ,.. threwing the old customers of the wagon

Quite the opposite, as I understand it - you get the new version, which loads up in TR5 - it won't show up as a new purchase, which it isn't, but your (12-year-old) license(s) for the classic stuff are still valid for the current versions, with whatever improvements have happened since (cosmetic or under the hood). Not too shabby I'd say!

Thanks for answering, and glad to hear, also what I was assuming,..

mistermahler1 wrote:Am I right assuming they will install fine in latest version despite discontinued in "my products" ????

So the product is up to date IRL, despite what "my products" does list, cool after all !!!!

And now back filling up the last empty slots :D
mistermahler1

Postby Steel_Ol » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:52 pm

Wondering what happens when 26.000 is reached. :mrgreen:
Steel_Ol

Postby elammark13 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:45 pm

Thanks IKM!!! It has been an awesome opportunity to load up on things I wanted, and things I didn't really know I needed...until using them. A new loyal customer here! Thanks again to everyone for making this happen!!
elammark13

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements