Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby Zacqweasd » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:26 am

Id like to have the same EQ interface you get for external IRs for the cab sims that come with amplitube. Including the same EQ settings. I want to be able to use the low pass filter to cut out those harsh frequencies.
Zacqweasd

Postby rmedlicott » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:06 am

We're getting a few updates. 5.2 now. They seem useful, esp incorporating features of Custom Shop.

Still looking forward to getting some of these user suggestions.

I'd reiterate the hideable panels to get a clearer Live view. Really want to decrease clutter and increase clarity when playing live.

Thanks.
rmedlicott

Postby peteroyle » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:33 am

hamid.eddie wrote:For the love of god please add master volume for all the presets in amplitube 5

This!
peteroyle

Postby LocoGhoul » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:53 pm

- New Fender amps series: 1964 Showman Reverb 15" ("Single Showman"), 1966 Dual Showman, Vibrolux, Concert, VibroChamp, Tremolux, VibroVerb (not custom), Frontman, Hot Rod...

- 1958 Magnatone Custom 280 amp (2 channels; 2x12" Jenser P12P speakers).

- A real Dallas Rangemaster treble booster -or "clone"- (not the one which appears in the Brian May booster; it doesn't seem as powerful as the original).

- More fuzzes: Univox Super-Fuzz, Shin-Ey FY-2; ToneBender; Zvex Fuzz Factory ("clones" or officials), plus upgrading the existing ones.
LocoGhoul

Postby jem7sk » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:07 pm

I'd like to have a Jose Style Marshall amp in Amplitube 5 please 8-)
jem7sk

Postby matt_butler2001 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:43 pm

There are so many great amps in AmpliTube - great classic tones...but you need a few of those off the wall or even common amps that are more commonly used amps because of price - practice or bedroom amps.

Egnater amp (Tweaker 40), Boss Blues driver, Crate (CC DeVille GX120XL maybe?)
matt_butler2001

Postby chucky88 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:21 pm

1) ability to hide side panels
2) ability to hide gear from the list or to create custom gear list.
3) mute buttons for input and output (maybe by right click or double click if there's no free horizontal real estate)
4) slightly fatter scrollbar for the gear list
chucky88

Postby chucky88 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:52 am

One more feature I'm sure many would also like to see is VST container inside Amplitube (in both SL and Plugin), basically like BlueCat's PatchWork. Sometimes there are effects or amp implementations that are not in AT and are placed in the middle of the chain. Currently it's a bit cumbersome to implement such flow and always requires a DAW or PatchWork-like solution.
chucky88

Postby buraAk26 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:11 am

Peter_IK wrote:This will be the official thread for AmpliTube 5 Mac/PC feature requests (there is a separate thread for gear requests). Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.

I'd like the new custom shop to include a "show gear I do not own" option like the previous version of the custom shop.
buraAk26

Postby filotest@gmail.com » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:51 pm

gkurtenbach wrote:
sonicblue4u wrote:I'd like to see a history or undo-redo feature in AmpliTube. :D

Yes, undo is really needed--undo is one of the great advantages of software over hardware so please add it!!

Please do that, I think it is "must have" feature everywhere where you can destroy you work with one unwanted click.
filotest@gmail.com

Postby carlaz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:39 am

Zacqweasd wrote:Id like to have the same EQ interface you get for external IRs for the cab sims that come with amplitube. Including the same EQ settings. I want to be able to use the low pass filter to cut out those harsh frequencies.

A generic high and low pass filter rack unit would be awesome.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:19 am

LocoGhoul wrote:A real Dallas Rangemaster treble booster -or "clone"- (not the one which appears in the Brian May booster; it doesn't seem as powerful as the original).

You may well be right. This web page, https://www.electrosmash.com/dallas-rangemaster, analyzes the "original" Dallas Rangemaster circuit (though I'm sure that, especially given the variability in components back in the day, that there was no given "standard" for original Rangemasters), and concludes that it should have given about 38 dB of boost. Meanwhile, this page, https://shop.brianmayguitars.co.uk/bmg-electronics/bmg-tb-classic.html, provides a graph of the frequency/boost settings for the hardware pedal on which the Brian May Treble Booster stomp in AmpliTube is modeled, and that's a 33 dB boost on the "'70s Rangemaster" setting. So a "real" Rangemaster (or, at least, some of them!?) could have been around 5 dB hotter than the Brian May Treble Booster stomp.

I often run the Brian May Treble Booster stomp at its '90s EQ setting (centered on 3.4 kHz instead of 12.5 kHz) but with the gain on the '70s setting (i.e. 33 dB) in an effort to get a slightly fuller range boost (which seems to have been a common mod for old Rangemasters) without losing the "treble boost" character. but this often depends on the tone for which I'm going, the amp model with which I am using it, etc. (Sometimes I'll run the same amp model on right and left sides of the stereo, but use a different EQ setting on the Treble Booster stomp to get a slightly different character across the stereo.)

That said, I like the "switchability" in the Brian May Treble Booster -- but treble boosters were such a huge part of so many classic '70s tones, I'd love to see a new, additional treble booster stomp :mrgreen: with more such options: like, Rangemaster vs. Hornsby Skewes, and/or various Rangemaster mods. (Perhaps an obvious one is that which the Laney Black Country Customs TI-Boost pedal itself tries to reverse engineer; it aims to replicate the effects of Tony Iommi's lost modded Rangemaster -- which seems to have had something extra going on in the low mids -- along with some additional EQ controls.)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Default Audio Device Feature

Postby j4k-msc » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 pm

Default Audio Device Feature

Never switch audio device automatically. Respect all user selected settings, including device, channels and buffer size. If the default audio device is not connected upon the app launch, simply display a warning message and request a user to plug in his device or change the settings.

No more feedback loops caused by unwanted switching to a built in microphone and speakers, no more dealing with bugs when trying to switch back to a desired device.
j4k-msc

Postby kevinsparks » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm

The option to hide unpurchased gear is nice, but I'd like to take that further and be able to hide individual pieces of gear that I don't use. There's a bajillion amps and pedals to scroll through
kevinsparks

Favourite Gear Tab

Postby j4k-msc » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:38 pm

Favorite Gear Tab

Ability to add any gear to a new “Favourites” tab at the top of the gear browser by simply clicking on a star icon displayed next to a model.

j4k-msc

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling