Sending AmpliTube 5 Tones To Guitar Amp

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Sending AmpliTube 5 Tones To Guitar Amp

Postby Bassically874 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:06 am

Hello,

First timer here on the forums. I'm hoping you experienced users might be able to help me out. I've been using AmpliTube 5 for the past few months. Absolutely love it! I purchased it with the Axe I/O interface. I have the Axe I/O hooked up to a Mackie mixer via Outputs 1 and 2 on the back of the interface. The mixer is then hooked up to a set of powered monitors.

The other day I was sitting here and started thinking about what AmpliTube might sound like through my guitar amp. I know a person can simply hookup a standard instrument cable to the Amp Out jack on the front of the Axe I/O and then run that instrument cable into a guitar amp. The problem though is that Amp Out signal is completely dry (no AmpliTube generated sounds).

So my question is.... is there any way to hook up my guitar amp to the Axe I/O and be able to hear the AmpliTube tones coming out of my guitar amp? Obviously, there are Outputs 3 and 4 available on the back of the Axe I/O interface but I wanted to see if this potential hookup is even possible before I fry anything. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Bassically874

Re: Sending AmpliTube 5 Tones To Guitar Amp

Postby Black-Viper75 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:04 am

I don't have an AXE I/O but I have an iRig Stomp I/O. I connect it to the FX loop of my amp via the Output L (Mono) of the Stomp I/O and it sounds killer. I'm sure you can use the AXE I/O like this too. I use the Stomp I/O 's volume control to control the volume coming out of my amp. Be sure to have your interface's volume turned all the way down when connecting to your amp to avoid any sudden loud volume spikes when hooking everything up.
Black-Viper75

Return to Interfaces & Controllers