IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby eric.winesett » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:04 am

springle wrote:The only problem is that you need to click "read more" on the GB page to see the Tracks processors, but it does not state which of those could be included as free products on the subsequent page.

When you click on "T-racks processors" on the GB page, the 4-page list of products that comes up is everything that is available as a free choice in that category. Notice at the top there is a filter applied that says "25th Anniversary Group Buy - Mixing and Mastering." Same with SampeTank Instruments, Syntronik Instruments, and Amplitube Collections.
eric.winesett

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:51 am

If they are on that page when you click, they are in the group buy and available. Putting everything on one page would have been insanely long and hard to read.

Edit - Oops I missed that this was answered above.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:26 pm

... Image
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chipmason » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:43 pm

Just curious why IK does not allow gifting anything from GB? I thought this was my opportunity to gift a friend Amplitube 5, it would only lead to another customer.

Also, disappointed the new TASCAM bundle is not part of the GB and also NOT specified in the description like the other options that are not included. I am a fan of IK and have collected nearly all of their software, I was hoping to use this GB as a good reason to share some duplicates I have, even if it means buying a gift token.
chipmason

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:19 pm

chipmason wrote:Just curious why IK does not allow gifting anything from GB? I thought this was my opportunity to gift a friend Amplitube 5, it would only lead to another customer.

Also, disappointed the new TASCAM bundle is not part of the GB and also NOT specified in the description like the other options that are not included. I am a fan of IK and have collected nearly all of their software, I was hoping to use this GB as a good reason to share some duplicates I have, even if it means buying a gift token.

With a deal that will likely reach 25 for the price of 1, and as with most if not all group buys, there is no gifting option since others can easily join and get an amazing amount of plugins for such a low amount. You might want to spread the word about the deal to people you were thinking of gifting to. They'll likely see the incredible value and will help get to the full 25 for 1 level.

TASCAM is brand new, we are not going to add that to the group buy. This deal already has more than 100 choices total, and we feel it is already an incredible value.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby eric.winesett » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Maybe I'm a dupe, but I feel like getting over $5,000 in software for my investment of less than $180 is a pretty sweet deal. I can't imagine feeling disappointed that I'm not also getting free hardware or newly-released software. I could be wrong, but I suspect IK thinks it wouldn't be a great business decision to give away 25,000+ copies of a product that they haven't yet made a dime of revenue from.
eric.winesett

Postby Steel_Ol » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 pm

That`s what i call a Win-Win-Situation.

Thx for the Possibility to be a Part of this.
Steel_Ol

Postby chipmason » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:08 pm

All I'm saying is if I buy something and the deal is to "GET" 24 things free, then why can't I do what I want with it once I GET it? Like buy gift options and gift some of the duplicates I have.

My problem is simple and not a bad problem to have. But understand my frustration comes from a place of generosity and not greed. I already have 99% of the software from IK, with the exception of just a few things, like the new TASCAM stuff. I have a tangled mess of duplicates, promotional buys, MAX bundles, Crossgrades/Upgrades, Total Studio 2 MAX, etc.

I currently have 4 unused "redeems" and already redeemed a 3rd license for Amplitube that will never be used that I was thinking I could gift.

I was also pointing out that the TASCAM products do not say, "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." like the others.

I'm not complaining, I know it probably sounds like I am complaining, IK provides great products and good deals. I am a loyal customer and probably always will be. I'm just a little frustrated that I'm wasting software licenses that my friend could use.

oh well, such is life.
chipmason

Postby eric.winesett » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm

chipmason, while you can't give away your free license of Amplitube 5, you may be able to transfer your original license if you owned it before the group buy. Check "My Products" in your account on the IK website and see if Amplitube has a 'transfer' button when you click the 'Serials/License' button. I think you just pay a $10 transfer fee. Then you can use one of the new free licenses for yourself.

Incidentally, in my previous post I wasn't just reacting to you, but a number of posts asking for more from IK.
eric.winesett

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:22 pm

chipmason wrote:...I was also pointing out that the TASCAM products do not say, "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." like the others...

Where would it say that? It is not listed on the group buy page (not under "T-RackS Processors" if you click from the group buy page). Other products on the site like T-RackS 5 MAX, The Resonator, and others don't have messaging on their pages/listings about not being in the group buy either because the products that are in the group buy are listed on the group buy page. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you mean here.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chipmason » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:32 pm

Do you see how it says in bold print?
chipmason

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:36 pm

chipmason wrote:Do you see how it says in bold print?

Yes, because it is part of and listed on the group buy page... TASCAM isn't in the group buy in any way, shape, or form so it wouldn't be on the page at all thus would not need that text anywhere. It is simply not in the group buy. The collection is not. The individual processors are not.

Also as you can see in the online store other products that are 100% not in the group buy: not only TASCAM but The Resonator and two of the X-GEAR hardware pedals are not in the group buy thus they don't have any reference to the group buy on their listing:

While there are 100+ items in this group buy we'd be littering the store with unnecessary text if we added a line for everything that was not in the group buy.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Bethany » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:43 pm

Unlike most items in the GB, those two collections qualified as original purchases to get you into the GB, but could not be picked as a free item. The same is true of ARC with microphone, and now of all the qualifying hardware products.

That's why they need the bold notes, so nobody would buy into the deal with something else, then be disappointed they couldn't get Electromagnetik or Cinekinetik.
Bethany

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:48 pm

Bethany wrote:

Unlike most items in the GB, those two collections qualified as original purchases to get you into the GB, but could not be picked as a free item. The same is true of ARC with microphone, and now of all the qualifying hardware products.

That's why they need the bold notes, so nobody would buy into the deal with something else, then be disappointed they couldn't get Electromagnetik or Cinekinetik.

Though I admit that due to the necessity to "reuse" the IK shop card/listing on the group buy page itself, it makes those lines of text more prominent when in the shop as you are technically outside of the group buy page. Personally I'd label everything if it wasn't a big mess doing so, because this deal should be shouted from the rooftops but probably less enticing to shout it from atop a big mess :)
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Andband » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:50 pm

Probably this has already been asked for:
I just ordered an iRig Keys I/O 49 at an authorized resellerfor 260 € to take part in the group buy.
As far as I would interpret the Group Buy's description there it states clearly that the registration of a new iRig Keys I/O 49 will qualify as a 299,99 € product.
In other words:
It is about registering it until the end of october, but it is independent of the actual price of the product and I will still get those 299,99 slots (which would be required e.g. to get a free T-Racks Deluxe or a Mirsolav Philharmonik 2)

Just to confirm and to remove any doubts:
Am I correct with that interpretation?

Thanks and keep up the good work
Andband

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements