IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby mistermahler1 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am

X-drive was there also in previous version 5.1

The man got a point about all should be visible from main-account, and not spread out,. especially serials,. and anything concerned ownership

hydemusic wrote:
Incidentally, I can't find the serials registered anywhere either. Only in the emails I received

Did you update AmpliTube 5 to 5.2.0? The X-Drive will be there when do. I got all 4 of them and they are GREAT! I think those and Modo Drums are the jewels of the buy in my opinion.
Bob
mistermahler1

Postby MrFigg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:48 am

hydemusic wrote:
Incidentally, I can't find the serials registered anywhere either. Only in the emails I received

Did you update AmpliTube 5 to 5.2.0? The X-Drive will be there when do. I got all 4 of them and they are GREAT! I think those and Modo Drums are the jewels of the buy in my opinion.
Bob

Yeah I did. And yes, they’re there :). I was wondering where they are registered though. As I said, I can see them as purchased in custom shop but there is no mention of any serial number. And as I also mentioned they don’t show up in My Products or Authorizer. Great stuff though.
MrFigg

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Peter, can we add the new T-RackS TASCAM Tape collection to the GB ??

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trtascamportaone/#top
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:18 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:Peter, can we add the new T-RackS TASCAM Tape collection to the GB ??

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/trtascamportaone/#top

No, sorry but it is brand new and is not part of nor is it planned to be part of this group buy.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Huddy_IK » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:19 pm

MrFigg wrote:
hydemusic wrote:

Bob

Yeah I did. And yes, they’re there :). I was wondering where they are registered though. As I said, I can see them as purchased in custom shop but there is no mention of any serial number. And as I also mentioned they don’t show up in My Products or Authorizer. Great stuff though.

The new additions of the X-GEAR pedals and other AmpliTube gear to the Group Buy, when selected, will not appear with serial numbers or be displayed in your User Area or IK Product Manager, rather they will appear in the Custom Shop.

Due to the nature of the Custom Shop, there is no need for serial numbers for those models. They are tied to your Custom Shop account and appear within AmpliTube 5 for you after a 'Restore Purchases'.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new pedals, they all sound great! :D
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby MrFigg » Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Huddy_IK wrote:
The new additions of the X-GEAR pedals and other AmpliTube gear to the Group Buy, when selected, will not appear with serial numbers or be displayed in your User Area or IK Product Manager, rather they will appear in the Custom Shop.

Due to the nature of the Custom Shop, there is no need for serial numbers for those models. They are tied to your Custom Shop account and appear within AmpliTube 5 for you after a 'Restore Purchases'.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new pedals, they all sound great! :D

Thanks for the clarification. Appreciate it. Yeah, I was so happy when all the AmpliTube custom shop stuff got added to the GB. Also, can you pass on my regards to your support team. They’re doing a great job.
MrFigg

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:No, sorry but it is brand new and is not part of nor is it planned to be part of this group buy.

Thank you Peter. Too bad, these really bring back some great memories :)
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:31 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:No, sorry but it is brand new and is not part of nor is it planned to be part of this group buy.

Thank you Peter. Too bad, these really bring back some great memories :)

Good and bad memories :) The Porta One is great for lo-fi these days, I've heard about artists performing with them on stage. Interesting. I still have material out there that used a later TASCAM 8-track cassette-based recorder (a 488 mkII if I recall correctly) which was a lot of fun to wrangle. :D
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:46 pm

I also had a TASCAM but a 4-track. I remember recording 3 tracks, bouncing to the forth, then recording another 2, bouncing again. All mono. Used any cassette tape I could find. Fun times.
huli50

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:55 pm

huli50 wrote:I also had a TASCAM but a 4-track. I remember recording 3 tracks, bouncing to the forth, then recording another 2, bouncing again. All mono. Used any cassette tape I could find. Fun times.

The Porta One was my first multitrack recorder when I was a teen. I loved the concept of bouncing as a cool trick but in practice I also did have a slight hatred for it too.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:33 pm

^^^^^^
I'm with you on the hatred. Can get frustrating. Not to mention, overwriting tape over and over is not the cleanest fidelity. Though you could get some cool accidental effects when over-dubbing didn't quite erase the previous data. I also remember punching in and out at an exact location meant tapping the pause button with your big toe - no footswitches.

Sorry for the off-topic talk.
huli50

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:40 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Good and bad memories :) The Porta One is great for lo-fi these days, I've heard about artists performing with them on stage. Interesting. I still have material out there that used a later TASCAM 8-track cassette-based recorder (a 488 mkII if I recall correctly) which was a lot of fun to wrangle. :D

Yep, we went from the 244 to the 488. And thought we had a state-of-the-art recording studio :lol:
If anyone had told me back in the early eighties I'd have access to what we have today I'd have thought they were NUTZ ! What IK is offering these days (Amplitube5, TRacks, MODO Bass/Drum, B3X, SampleTron 2, ect) is unbelievable. Dailing up any amp you wanted on the fly was unheard of :)
Musical.Alchemy

Postby springle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:27 am

hi there,

I have Tracks3 Deluxe and the only upgrade path is to Tracks5 Max for $299, which I would be happy to do.

This is the same price as Tracks5 Deluxe for a new user, which is part of the group buy.

I asked support if there is a reason why Tracks5 Max upgrade is not included in the Group Buy and they simply pointed me back to the GB list, twice, without answering my question.

As I already own AT5 Max there are only a few items left for me to buy.

Any chance Tracks5 Max upgrade can be added to the GB list?

Regards

Scott
springle

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:31 am

Sorry, no MAX products were part of this group buy. There are many choices available and with the amount of free items you can build a group of plugins that rival or even match what is available in a MAX bundle.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby springle » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:06 am

Thanks Peter,

The only problem is that you need to click "read more" on the GB page to see the Tracks processors, but it does not state which of those could be included as free products on the subsequent page.

It would be really good to have a definitive list of what is and is not included as an option for a free product, obviously hardware is out.

Especially important when you already own quite a lot of IK software.

Regards

Scott
springle

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements