Cannot access the userarea/promotions page!

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Cannot access the userarea/promotions page!

Postby zhima624u » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:39 am

1. I purchased L.A. Confidential at Chinese IKM website https://cn.ikmultimedia.com/ yesterday.

2. I had successfully registered and downloaded the product.

3. Then I want to grab my freebies of the 25years groub buy, but I can't open the promotions page in my user area: https://cn.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions.
It only shows a blank page with an error message:
"INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (GM1)"

4. I have tried using my another account to check that same promotions page (https://cn.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions), and it's fine.
So this problem will only occur in my main account which purchased L.A. Confidential yesterday.
And there was no problem before that purchase.
zhima624u

Re: Cannot access the userarea/promotions page!

Postby DarkStar » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:23 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem. Maybe try another Browser? Can you get to other parts of your User Area.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. If Searching the FAQs does not help there is a red button link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby zhima624u » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:29 pm

Thanks for your reply DarkStar!

1. I have tried another browser, and also my mobile phone (using different network connection). Both have the same problem.
2. The other parts of my user area are all fine. Only that promotions page shows nothing but an error message "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (GM1)".
3. I check that promotions page many times, everyday...
4. I sent a support request yesterday and got a reply email by IK support team. They asked me to give more detail, so i then replied that email, trying to describe more clearly as I wrote in this post. I haven't received a new reply since then.
zhima624u

Postby zhima624u » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:57 am

I noticed that my promotions page was fixed yesterday, so I can grab my freebies now. I don't know what happened because I didn't receive any message about when and how it was fixed. If it was IKM team who solved this, just thanks for your help.
zhima624u

Postby karunur22 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:46 pm

zhima624u wrote:Thanks for your reply DarkStar!

1. I have tried another browser, and also my mobile phone (using different network connection). Both have the same problem.
2. The other parts of my user area are all fine. Only that promotions page shows nothing but an error message "INTERNAL SERVER ERROR (GM1)".
3. I check that promotions page many times, everyday...
4. I sent a support request yesterday and got a reply email by IK support team. They asked me to give more detail, so i then replied that email, trying to describe more clearly as I wrote in this post. I haven't received a new reply since then.

I tried it on my phone as well. If you post the support team's response here, it will assist others in resolving the problem.
karunur22

Postby garfy » Sun Oct 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Hello karunur22 and welcome to the forum.

The resolution appears to be unconnected to whatever the Support Team advised user @zhima624u to do.

However, as per the Rules, individual posting/sharing/discussion of Official IK Support conversations is not allowed on the forum. This is because, even though some symptoms may appear identical, the solutions may not be the same as users have different platforms and systems. A solution on one computer may completely bork another if tried out.

If you are having issues, you should contact Support and open your own ticket with them. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

I'll lock this thread now as the issue appears to have been resolved for the OP.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to General Discussions