AmpliTube 5.2 update - Streamlined Custom Shop and more

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5.2 update - Streamlined Custom Shop and more

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:44 pm

Version 5.2 is here with a more streamlined Custom Shop experience. Now you can simply browse the gear carousel on the right-hand side of AmpliTube 5's GUI or use the available drop-down menus to demo or quickly unlock any gear you want.

Instant access to gear

Each piece of gear you try is fully functional for 72 hours, plenty of time to test all its features and sounds. When you're ready to make a purchase, just click the Lock Icon for the gear you want or the Triangle in the upper right of your chain to access the Buy Now option.

That gear will be added to your cart allowing you to check out normally or with your available Gear Credits or JamPoints. With AmpliTube 5.2, you'll find it's faster than ever to find the perfect guitar or bass tone and make it yours.

Update instructions

For existing users, to get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to AmpliTube 5.

New users can download the FREE, expandable AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop HERE

What's new in AmpliTube 5.2

• A new TRY & BUY mode is now available from inside AmpliTube 5 allowing users to demo and purchase new products without having to launch the Custom Shop.
  • AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals are now available for purchase inside AmpliTube 5.
  • New Account tab in Settings menu to allow users to Restore Purchases directly inside AmpliTube 5
  • General reliability improvements.

Learn more on AmpliTube 5
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube 5.2 update - Streamlined Custom Shop and more

Postby carlaz » Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:51 pm

It's great to see this user-friendly functionality in the product at last. 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby olivier.gandou » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:29 pm

Does it mean we can uninstall the Custom Shop?
olivier.gandou

Postby rspst14 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:54 pm

Is there a list of specific fixes with each release, more specific than "general reliability improvements"? Or, is there a way I can verify that the issues I reported a while back were ultimately resolved? I have the automated email from the bug tickets I submitted, but never got any response from support.
rspst14

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:53 pm

rspst14 wrote:Is there a list of specific fixes with each release, more specific than "general reliability improvements"? Or, is there a way I can verify that the issues I reported a while back were ultimately resolved? I have the automated email from the bug tickets I submitted, but never got any response from support.

The Release Notes you see are the public release notes. If you need a status on your specific issue, please reply to the email you received about your ticket. Also, please see this post for guidelines on what to do if you have a ticket you feel has not been handled to your satisfaction viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:54 pm

olivier.gandou wrote:Does it mean we can uninstall the Custom Shop?

Not at this time as it is used for more than just AmpliTube
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby olivier.gandou » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:51 pm

What if Amplitube is all I use? :-)
olivier.gandou

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:29 am

olivier.gandou wrote:What if Amplitube is all I use? :-)

You'd want to consult IK Support before making any changes like that to make sure nothing else would be affected.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ad_Astra » Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 am

You can't get that annoying prompt about the trial mode away when you start Amplitube, can you?
Ad_Astra

Postby olivier.gandou » Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:57 pm

I don't have one and I have the free version... are you using an IK Multimedia product like the iRig? I have one (actually, several :-D), I think that's why I don't get one...
olivier.gandou

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:06 pm

If your AmpliTube 5 version (even the free CS version) is registered and authorized you will not see that message. I'd suggest making sure IK Product Manager says "Authorized" for AmpliTube 5 and I'd run a "Restore My Purchases" from Custom Shop (now integrated of course, as the topic of this discussion :) ).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Ad_Astra » Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:43 am

Peter_IK wrote:If your AmpliTube 5 version (even the free CS version) is registered and authorized you will not see that message. I'd suggest making sure IK Product Manager says "Authorized" for AmpliTube 5 and I'd run a "Restore My Purchases" from Custom Shop (now integrated of course, as the topic of this discussion :) ).

Unauthorized AT5 and re-authorized again and now the prompt is gone. Thanks!
Ad_Astra

Postby twilson74 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:27 am

This Custom Shop update is a nice one for trying out new gear. Last week I did a 72 hour trial demo of the X-Gear pedals with the previous version-- and despite having the Custom Shop window open and being logged in, I was still prone to getting those periodic white noise bursts if the Custom Shop window was minimized or put in the background. So I didn't spend as much time as I would have liked to try out the gear.

But with the new update, I can still drag the locked pedals over into my signal chain in Amplitube and get them to work-- albeit with the noise bursts-- but being outside the 72 hour free trial window, I can live with that-- at least I can still use the gear and play around with it.

Good job with this update!
twilson74

Postby musicmant6 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:06 pm

I updated and now it closes Reaper every time I select it for the effects chain. Super disappointed. :|
musicmant6

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:51 pm

musicmant6 wrote:I updated and now it closes Reaper every time I select it for the effects chain. Super disappointed. :|

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling