Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:43 pm

Wooot1899 wrote:Amps:
Matchless HC 30 / DC 30, especially the 2nd. Channel (EF86 Tube)

Pedals: well... a
Klon Centaur of course <3

I'd take ANY Matchless amp.
And of course a Centaur - I'd be all over that like stink on cheese
How about a Portaflex that isn't a B15? They do exist you know.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby fabulous_fab » Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:28 am

1. Please bring the (rather dated) Fender Collection 1 up to the audibly higher level of Fender Collection 2.

+1, even if it's not free.

and generally, all the old amps need an update, particularly the Hiwatt DR103 with the "Gilmour option" to link the input channels.

binson echorec

+1

silicon fuzz face

+1

Maybe an Alembic F-2B preamp

So a Gilmour Collection seems to be the perfect choice. With Kid Rae and Gilmourish websites, you have 98% of the research work done.

ADA MP-1 preamp

Just to be sure that Peter read till the end :mrgreen:
fabulous_fab

Postby iankinzel » Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:59 pm

carlaz wrote:
iankinzel wrote:-Big Muff pedal bundle: different versions, like Triangle/Ram's Head/Op Amp/Deluxe/Civil War/Green Russian/Black Russian/"NYC Classic"/Tone Wicker, Muff Overdrive, Double Muff etc

A refreshed Big Muff stomp model would be a great candidate for switchable circuitry options in an AmpliTube stomp model. Many physical clones and some EHX Big Muff pedals have at least some switchable circuitry options -- but the sky is the limit (or maybe there is no limit!?) in the digital realm. 8-)

iankinzel wrote:any of the quirkier Electro-Harmonix stuff: the Q Tron, the Tube Zipper, the Poly Chorus, the POG, the Ravish Sitar, the Flanger Hoax - any single one of those would be AMAZING to use

I'm a big ol' fan of EHX pedals, and pretty much anything based on their stuff is of interest to me! 8-)

Thanks!

Yeah, having thought this out a bit more, I'm thinking the Big Muff stomp model would be best served as something like this:

-main controls: VOLUME, TONE, SUSTAIN (like normal)
-toggle switch 1: TONE BYPASS (like on multiple real-life versions)
-toggle switch 2: WICKER or BRIGHT switch (like the Tone Wicker version & the reissue DBMs)
-multi-way mode switch: something like TRIANGLE / RAM'S HEAD / SOVTEK / MODERN. You could even consolidate this into something like VINTAGE / RUSSIAN / MODERN.

This is just an idea of what it *could* look like, focusing on features/models I already have from other VSTs (but would like to have integrated into Amplitube), while still keeping the overall model manageable in terms of programming/ease of use - i.e. you could go hog-wild and try to include literally every major circuit variation, but at that point you wind up with like a dozen variants and that just sounds tedious.

[mod redacted - please review the forum rules, thank you]

Another trick I figured out in AMP4 was to put the 7-band EQ in front of the Muff stomp model, boost the midrange to simulate the tone bypass and then boost the lower treble to emulate the "wicker" switch on the Tone Wicker Muff (which turns off some of the high roll-off capacitors in the traditional Muff circuit).

Point being that this stuff is out there, and well within IKM's capabilities - and given how much notoriety individual versions have in their own right, with players treating the Russian & US Muffs as separate stompboxes in their own right, I bet IKM could make a tidy sum offering more versions of this legendary stomp box (like they already do with the Fuzz Face).
iankinzel

Postby zedd » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:26 am

I haven't gone through this thread, but I am curious...

Why is there no VOX collection?

I suspect that whoever owns VOX has not given their stamp of approval, but it would be great to have a VOX collection (or two) even if you have to call them by a different name.

I'd be happy with FOX amps... or any name as long as there is a diamond grill!
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:01 pm

I believe Vox is currently owned by Korg.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:16 am

carlaz wrote:I believe Vox is currently owned by Korg.

Vox has been owned by Korg almost but not quite as far back as the Beatles. The Super Beatle amp was a Korg USA amp.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby iankinzel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:57 am

zedd wrote:I haven't gone through this thread, but I am curious...

Why is there no VOX collection?

I suspect that whoever owns VOX has not given their stamp of approval, but it would be great to have a VOX collection (or two) even if you have to call them by a different name.

I'd be happy with FOX amps... or any name as long as there is a diamond grill!

Yeah, I'd really like to see a 1960ish AC30 version with the EF86 preamp, and a more modern version with master volume.
iankinzel

Postby carlaz » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:07 am

n2mpujack wrote:Vox has been owned by Korg almost but not quite as far back as the Beatles. The Super Beatle amp was a Korg USA amp.

Wow, I did not know that the relationship went back that far! :oops:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby iankinzel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 am

n2mpujack wrote:
carlaz wrote:I believe Vox is currently owned by Korg.

Vox has been owned by Korg almost but not quite as far back as the Beatles. The Super Beatle amp was a Korg USA amp.

The Super Beatle was late JMI era in the late '60s, in partnership with Thomas Organ. Korg didn't come into the picture until the '90s.
iankinzel

Postby zedd » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:09 am

iankinzel wrote:Yeah, I'd really like to see a 1960ish AC30 version with the EF86 preamp, and a more modern version with master volume.

Agreed! But in addition to the most well-known VOX amps there are the RARE ones that are prized for their very distinctive tones... like The Vox Conquerer heard on Magical Mystery Tour, and the VOX UL730 which is the unique distortion sound you hear on tracks in Revolver, and which Hendrix also used.

IKM could clearly create a very nifty collection of coveted VOX amps, and since the tones are so unique and awesome, they should not be left out for too much longer. I trust that IKM knows this and that eventually such a collection will occur, even if it has to be called the BRITISH DIAMOND AMPS Collection or something.
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Postby iankinzel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:14 am

zedd wrote:
iankinzel wrote:Yeah, I'd really like to see a 1960ish AC30 version with the EF86 preamp, and a more modern version with master volume.

Agreed! But in addition to the most well-known VOX amps there are the RARE ones that are prized for their very distinctive tones... like The Vox Conquerer heard on Magical Mystery Tour, and the VOX UL730 which is the unique distortion sound you hear on tracks in Revolver, and which Hendrix also used.

IKM could clearly create a very nifty collection of coveted VOX amps, and since the tones are so unique and awesome, they should not be left out for too much longer. I trust that IKM knows this and that eventually such a collection will occur, even if it has to be called the BRITISH DIAMOND AMPS Collection or something.

Yeah, I'd love a UL730 model to produce some Joy Division tones as well.

Tbh I've always loved those 70s/80s hybrid amps with the solid state preamp and tube power section - Vox's UL series, a lot of the old Music Man amps, a lot of the Peavey stuff from the same era etc.

One of the reasons I hold on to Amplitube 4 even despite the improvements to Amplitube 5 is that I can match the solid state preamps to all the tube power sections to create similar setups.
iankinzel

Postby zedd » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:31 am

iankinzel wrote:One of the reasons I hold on to Amplitube 4 even despite the improvements to Amplitube 5 is that I can match the solid state preamps to all the tube power sections to create similar setups.

I was just playing around with Amplitube 4 last night and wondering about how that was handled in Amplitube 5. It looks slicker in Amplitube 5 not having that option on the amp face, but have they really removed this? No way to still do it under the hood?

Since IKM's battle plan seems to be the accurate modelling of each component of the gear they model, you would think that a power user (at least) would have even more options now to swap out components within the amps with those in other amps just to see how it might affect the sounds.
zedd

Postby livesforrap » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:08 pm

Yep, it's true. We could really use some more "Friedman" models and cabs. Been a while since brought up, but needs a good kick in the pants.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby carlaz » Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:11 pm

zedd wrote:
iankinzel wrote:One of the reasons I hold on to Amplitube 4 even despite the improvements to Amplitube 5 is that I can match the solid state preamps to all the tube power sections to create similar setups.

I was just playing around with Amplitube 4 last night and wondering about how that was handled in Amplitube 5. It looks slicker in Amplitube 5 not having that option on the amp face, but have they really removed this? No way to still do it under the hood?

Yeah, that's finally gone in AmpliTube 5. It was a feature I liked from way back in, I guess, the AmpliTube 2 era, but IKM moved away from it fairly quickly.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby elammark13 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:09 pm

How about a George Lynch artist collection. I know he continually changes his sounds, but I was thinking of focusing mainly on earlier stuff. A lot of the amps are already there in Amplitube. For that "Tooth & Nail" album sound, you already have the Randall RG that was used. For "Under Lock & Key" (the most complex setup), he and producer Michael Wagener used a combination of Marshalls (including Plexi) and Laneys, run simultaneously, in different rooms. Amplitube doesn't have a Laney (yet), but plenty of Marshall models. I'm sure something can be done. For "Back For The Attack"...the Slash AFD Marshall should probably get close (I think). For the 1st Lynch Mob album "Wicked Sensation", it was Marshalls and Soldano SLO100...which are already in Amplitube. Maybe we can get the guitar tone experts at IK to recreate these tones, if need be, with what's already available? If not, then make new amp models? A lot of people (myself included) are always chasing Lynch tones.

Also, a John Sykes collection would be great. Mainly the Mesa MarkIII and a Marshall would be needed.

Thanks!!
elammark13

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling