Split from: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Split from: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:34 am

[Split from the 25th Anniversary thread, for focus and clarity]

A very simple and basic question.

I read many posts from people saying the contacted support and support sorted out their problem.

How long did it take you to get any response from support? Why do I wait more than 2 days and still not even getting an acknowledgement or a "thank you. you exist" response?
sepheritoh

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby DarkStar » Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 pm

If you used the Technical Support form or the Sales/Order Support form (not the general Contact Us form) then you should receive an auto-acknowledgement within minutes.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:47 pm

DarkStar wrote:If you used the Technical Support form or the Sales/Order Support form (not the general Contact Us form) then you should receive an auto-acknowledgement within minutes.

I tried every option I could find by now, but still no automated reply from support.

Will have to wait. Just frustrating to have to wait the whole weekend now before support decides to rock up for work. Maybe my expectations that I should be able to play with the product over the weekend if I buy a downloadable product before the weekend is not a reasonable expectation for Italy.

Still the group buy is pretty amazing and a real gift before X-mas.
sepheritoh

Postby jem7sk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:56 pm

sepheritoh wrote:A very simple and basic question.

I read many posts from people saying the contacted support and support sorted out their problem.

How long did it take you to get any response from support? Why do I wait more than 2 days and still not even getting an acknowledgement or a "thank you. you exist" response?

I got an acknowledgement immediately. Then they got back with me and fixed my problem in less than 24 hours. Maybe their emails are going to your spam folder?

BTW, if there is no sound in A5 change your audio driver from ASIO to on of the others. Close the box. Go back in and change it back to ASIO and it works.
jem7sk

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Spam folder was the first thing I checked.

My problem is not with the product itself, but that my purchase did not enter me into the grou buy and unlocked the free downloads.
sepheritoh

Re: Split from: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy!

Postby dave_clark » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 pm

In case you are not aware of it: Purchase alone will not unlock the freebies, or at least it's not supposed to by itself. You also have to register the product.

If you ordered something like ARC 3 with the microphone, then you're going to have to wait awhile. Last I heard the microphones were out of stock, so it will be some time before you can register the product after you receive it. They will extend the grace period for any product that has a physical component. For products with physical components, the determining date is the date of purchase rather than the date of registration, an exception to the Group Buy FAQ.

I'm not sure how authorization works with this Group Buy, but I often have to authorize software to get it to work completely, so I always do both registration and authorization (Product Manager and Authorization Manager) just in case.
dave_clark

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:27 pm

I registered in product manager. I have been using the software for a couple of days with no issue.
sepheritoh

Postby jem7sk » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:56 pm

Where are you looking for your free items? I found mine on the website under my signed in user icon and then Promotions.
jem7sk

Postby sepheritoh » Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:07 pm

jem7sk wrote:Where are you looking for your free items? I found mine on the website under my signed in user icon and then Promotions.

Yup. That's the spot
sepheritoh

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:42 pm

I'm not getting any response from IK Multimedia on this issue at all. This is getting very concerning. Is there any way somebody from IK can please respond to this.
sepheritoh

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:03 pm

Have a look at the forum Guidelines about what to do if you feel that your Support Request is not being handled.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:58 pm

DarkStar wrote:Have a look at the forum Guidelines about what to do if you feel that your Support Request is not being handled.

Yes I know I may sound a bit impatient. The forum guidelines say "typically reply within 24-48 hours". Typically does not equals Always!

The end of promotion deadline looms ahead of us and I am like a nervous kid!
sepheritoh

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:55 pm

Please have a look at the point #1 in that Guidelines thread. I am sure that your problem will be sorted out.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby sepheritoh » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:24 pm

Case closed

Seems because I purchased the cross grade version in the custom shop I did not qualify. I went back to the shop and bought a qualifying product.
sepheritoh

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 27, 2021 8:36 pm

sepheritoh wrote:Case closed

Seems because I purchased the cross grade version in the custom shop I did not qualify. I went back to the shop and bought a qualifying product.

That is not the case. You purchased a product that did not qualify (and is not on the list of qualifying product at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/ ).

There are plenty of crossgrade versions in Custom Shop that do qualify.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to News and Announcements