Amplitube 5 gear you don't own... [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 gear you don't own... [Resolved]

Postby zedd » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:16 am

I haven't been on this forum in several years... and I am amazed and pleased to see that Peter is still here and interacting with everyone like he was years ago. Great to see you Peter!!!

Quick question for anyone who can answer...

I'm about to get Amplitube 5 in the Group Buy and also selecting a few of the collections I don't have, and I already own 3-4 of the collections already.

My question is this... if I don't have all the collections, will the gear for those missing collections show up in Amplitube 5 mixed with the other gear? Or is there a preference to HIDE the gear you don't own.

In Amplitube 4 it drives me crazy that I try to load a preset that I believe to be a standard part of the gear collection and it tells me I don't have some of the gear.

I am tempted to just complete my Amplitube 5 collection by selecting all the collections so that I won't be missing any gear, but I would rather NOT do this as long as the gear I don't own is not mixed in with the other gear (always ready to remind me that I don't own it yet).

I'm so excited to make this leap to Amplitube 5 and get into this new technology and amazing visual/sonic experience you have created.

Many thanks in advance!

zedd
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: Amplitube 5 gear you don't own...

Postby Paraxis93 » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:40 am

There is an option to only show the gear you own, you don't own or both mixed.
Paraxis93

Postby garfy » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:41 am

Hi zedd

Yes, in AT5 there is a way to cycle a filter so it shows all available gear, all gear you own and all gear you don't own. Whatever filter you have will also be reflected in the presets available at that time. For example, if you select to have the filter to just gear that you own you will only be shown presets that include the gear you own.

Hope that makes sense.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby zedd » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:49 am

Paraxis93 wrote:There is an option to only show the gear you own, you don't own or both mixed.

garfy wrote:Yes, in AT5 there is a way to cycle a filter so it shows all available gear, all gear you own and all gear you don't own. Whatever filter you have will also be reflected in the presets available at that time. For example, if you select to have the filter to just gear that you own you will only be shown presets that include the gear you own.

Thank you both!!

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! :D

I will have a bunch of the gear somewhere in between Amplitube 5 and Amplitube 5 MAX, so it will be great to show everything I have and filter out the rest.

I'm eager to get everything set up and working!
Non-MODO Drum compliant MacPro, 32GB RAM, OSX El Capitan (soon to be Sierra), Digital Performer 8, SampleTank 2XL (using 32Lives), SampleTank 3 & 4, Amplitube 5, T-Racks 5 Deluxe, and more...
zedd

Re: Amplitube 5 gear you don't own... [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Sep 20, 2021 11:53 am

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Amplitube 5 gear you don't own... [Resolved]

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:18 pm

And I am still here, but the great moderators are so fast that the whole thread was answered correctly and finalized before I even got a chance to read it! Credit where due, also great to see our long-time moderators on the case. Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling