Presets Saving/Loading - Explain them to me like I'm five

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Presets Saving/Loading - Explain them to me like I'm five

Postby AtlasStone1985 » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:11 pm

I bought Amplitube 5 recently and I am very confused about the preset system.

1) I make a nice preset in the standalone app and File > Save As as "My Preset" into Google Drive.
2) I go into my DAW and load up Amplitube.
3) I try looking for the preset in the browser but it's no where to be found? And there's no way of opening the file from within the Amplitube VST? Where is it?

I also tried clicking the icon next to the preset name (where you can enter a name, description, etc) but that also didn't add it to the preset library.

I am baffled. I must obviously have a complete misunderstanding of how this should work, because it shouldn't be this difficult.
AtlasStone1985

Re: Presets Saving/Loading - Explain them to me like I'm fiv

Postby carlaz » Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:05 pm

You need to save your preset into the "Presets" folder, which can be found:
  • macOS: /Users/[USERNAME]/Documents/IK Multimedia/AmpliTube 5/Presets/
  • Windows: C:\Users\[USERNAME]\Documents\IK Multimedia\AmpliTube 5\Presets
You can save your preset into the top level of that folder or (perhaps more usefully) into any stock or user-created folder (or folder hierarchy) within that preset folder.

If you want to actually save presets in some other location, you would need a sym-link or alias (or however your OS calls it) to make AmpliTube think that your folder or subfolder in that other location is actually where it expects its Presets folder (or some subfolder within that Presets folder) to be.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling