Amplitube 4 - Crackling noise at high volume.

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 4 - Crackling noise at high volume.

Postby Eyeris » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Hello,

I've had Amplitube 4 for almost a year now, but never could I ever get rid of the song of weird crackling sound whenever I record my guitar and turn up the volume of an Amplitube track on Reaper. It's not the same crackling noise as with low buffer settings cause no matter what setting I put it on I always hear it. Clean sounding amps are the most notable ones and happens no matter what I try to do. If I take the FX off and hear my guitar playing back to me, I don't hear that weird crackling sound, so it has to be Amplitube and not my setup.

Specs:
Intel i9 9900k
16GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen
Windows 10 Home
Reaper DAW.

Any help is deeply appreciated!
Eyeris

Re: Amplitube 4 - Crackling noise at high volume.

Postby MrFigg » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:58 am

Eyeris wrote:Hello,

I've had Amplitube 4 for almost a year now, but never could I ever get rid of the song of weird crackling sound whenever I record my guitar and turn up the volume of an Amplitube track on Reaper. It's not the same crackling noise as with low buffer settings cause no matter what setting I put it on I always hear it. Clean sounding amps are the most notable ones and happens no matter what I try to do. If I take the FX off and hear my guitar playing back to me, I don't hear that weird crackling sound, so it has to be Amplitube and not my setup.

Specs:
Intel i9 9900k
16GB RAM
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen
Windows 10 Home
Reaper DAW.

Any help is deeply appreciated!

Clipping? Try turning down the input/ output. I’ve noticed that the default volume on a lot of the amps is really high.
MrFigg

Postby 650thunderbird » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:03 am

I was having a world of trouble with crackling and popping on A5 and A4.
Doing the below fixed it, good luck!
Change setting from 5% to 100%
Image[/url][/img]
650thunderbird

Postby Eyeris » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:39 am

^^^^

I will try this whenever I can and will let you know the results. What processor do you have btw?
Eyeris

Postby 650thunderbird » Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:40 am

^^^^
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz 3.70 GHz
650thunderbird

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling