how can I use a demo version? [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

how can I use a demo version? [Resolved]

Postby garugc » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:09 pm

Hello to the community! I despair of the IK software today. I followed the instructions and clicked my desired compressor (Vintage Tube Compressor) to "Try". But where can I download it now?

I can't find anything in the IK Product Manager and in the Custom store either. I find it extremely confusing and I am already annoyed because I have to install two different programs. Why do they make it so complicated?

The website says something about a T-RackS CS - is that a third program or just the subsection of the custom shop? And where in the Custom shop can I find the announced channel strip?
garugc

Re: how can I use a demo version

Postby garfy » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:49 pm

Hello garugc and welcome to the forum.

garugc wrote:The website says something about a T-RackS CS

This would suggest that you haven't installed T-RackS CS which is the shell program needed to run the modules. It is available free and you can download, install and authorise it via the IKPM. It includes 2 free modules (Classic EQ and basic metering) and then you should be able to demo Vintage Tube Compressor as well.

You will need to keep the Custom Shop app open in the background while you are trialing modules.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garugc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:51 pm

Thanks for your support!
I found out that there is a standalone version that I didn't have installed at the time. Now I have it and have access.
garugc

Postby garugc » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Okay, I'm really annoyed now and about to give up. Where can I find the plugin in Cubase now? I've looked at other forum posts on the subject and haven't found a solution for me.
In one thread it says, that the plugins name is "TR5 Suite". But I can´t find it. It´s also not on the blocklist. But the vst3-files are in the correct folder.
Why does IK Multimedia make such a confused concept out of quite a few different instances? I have never seen anything like this before.
garugc

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:39 pm

When you ran the T-RackS 5 installer (from the IK Product Manager) I understand that you selected to install the standalone TR5 program and the VST3 plug-ins.

As you are Trying out the TR5 modules you need to have the Custom Shop running and be logged in to your account.

When you then run the standalone TR5 program can you see all the modules on the right-hand side and can you select any of them to Try?

The VST3 plug-ins consist of all of the individual modules and one named "TR5 Suite", into which you can load the other modules as a chain (so it's a bit like the standalone program, but as plug--in).

You said that you can see loads of them in the VST3 folder on disk. They all start with "TR5". You should be able to get Cubase to scan that folder and make the plug-ins available for use. Remember to have the Custom Shop running.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby garugc » Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Thanks for the help. I found out that Cubase does not recognize all vst3 files if they are in a separate folder. It does recognize some of them though. I don't understand what the difference is. I copied the vst3 files into the original vst folder of Cubase and now it recognizes all of them.
garugc

Re: how can I use a demo version [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:02 pm

I am glad that you got it sorted out.

Hmm, I would ask Steinberg about that use of folders for VST3 plug-ins. I'll guess that other DAWs are not so particular ;)

------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox