Clicking Sounds in Sampletank 4 Instruments

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Clicking Sounds in Sampletank 4 Instruments

Postby jithendravs » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 pm

Bought ST4 yesterday and have been noticing clicking sounds (like audio not cut at zero crossing) in many instruments like Cuban Trumpet, Steel String F Strummer etc. Is this a known issue, and how do I report if this is a bug.
Thank you
jithendravs

Re: Clicking Sounds in Sampletank 4 Instruments

Postby DarkStar » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:46 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Promidi » Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:20 am

If you are using Sampletank 4.14, as a test try downgrading to version 4,13 as see if that makes a difference.

I am actually on Sampletank 4.13 because of another issue I have with 4.14 (I have lodged a ticket with IKM support and they are looking into that)
Promidi

Postby jithendravs » Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:40 am

Promidi wrote:If you are using Sampletank 4.14, as a test try downgrading to version 4,13 as see if that makes a difference.

I am actually on Sampletank 4.13 because of another issue I have with 4.14 (I have lodged a ticket with IKM support and they are looking into that)
Thank you for the suggestion ill try doing that and report back.
jithendravs

Postby jithendravs » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:17 am

Tried downgrading the version but did not work. I am sending a video of the problem to the technical support today.
jithendravs

Postby Promidi » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:22 am

As I mentioned I am on ST 4.13 and I tried the exact patches you mentioned.

I did not experience any of the clicking you have described.

My PC is configured as per my signature.

What are your PC specs, Audio interface and parameters? (IKM support are going to need this information as well)

Have you tried updating your hardware drivers (Check using using manufacturer's websites rather than through Windows updates).
Promidi

Postby jithendravs » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:33 am

The downgrade works and there is no clicking now. For some reason, the downgrade did not downgrade my audio unit. So I uninstalled and restarted and installed the 4.1.3 version and now there are no clicking sounds. Thank you for the suggestion and ill also inform the support about this.
jithendravs

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More