IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby Fen1xSyd » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:08 am

deathscytherulz wrote:Just going to throw out a word of warning to anyone buying the arc system 3 with the mic off of ik's website. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago it still hasn't shipped.

I just picked up ARC3 as part of the bundle and used my own USB calibrated mic to do the setup. I'll tell you the difference is HUGE. My existing setup had about a 10-11db bump around 150hz and then a 6-10db reduction around 8k onwards... so overall it had a savage rumble and muted top end. With the correction everything sounds incredibly brighter (almost too crisp) and the low end is way more rounded out.

Granted i'm just in my study and have Kali Audio LP-6's on some isopucks. I knew that treating the room and using correction was needed but it's kind of unfeasible to throw up treatment in this room... I mean I could get some panels for looks, but functional treatment is realistically not going to happen (it's a rental apartment here in Sydney, AU).

I tweaked Arc's profile a bit by 1-2db on the low end for taste but the end result is sounding great now. After a day of listening when I flick it back to the original it sounds like dirt... 5 blankets chucked onto the sound system.

Just giving you a positive review cause when you finally get it all setup you'll be super stoked on the results.

I spent half a day getting Arc working through the default windows output (by default its only a vst so it only works inside a DAW, but I want it applied systemwide for everything, youtube, spotify etc)... That was a battle and a half and is not the most elegant solution. If Arc4 comes out with native system wide use then I'll be snapping it up instantly.
Fen1xSyd

Postby deathscytherulz » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:34 am

Fen1xSyd wrote:I spent half a day getting Arc working through the default windows output (by default its only a vst so it only works inside a DAW, but I want it applied systemwide for everything, youtube, spotify etc)... That was a battle and a half and is not the most elegant solution. If Arc4 comes out with native system wide use then I'll be snapping it up instantly.

Yeah I personally run some compression from time to time system wide for a few games that have a little to much range for my ears to feel comfy with. I've always just patched it in to my daw through voice meter. So for that I am set. Always glad to hear good reviews about something you purchased to. lol.
deathscytherulz

Postby Fen1xSyd » Tue Sep 14, 2021 3:47 am

deathscytherulz wrote:Yeah I personally run some compression from time to time system wide for a few games that have a little to much range for my ears to feel comfy with. I've always just patched it in to my daw through voice meter. So for that I am set. Always glad to hear good reviews about something you purchased to. lol.

I have a bunch of audio things going on in Windows and doing this ontop of that was just a nightmare for some reason. I ended up using Cantible Light and VM Banana, took a few goes to get going but so far so good.

If you're nabbing some TRacks stuff as part of the GB then you're in for a treat as well, some gems there too.
Fen1xSyd

Postby dave_clark » Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:46 pm

deathscytherulz wrote:Just going to throw out a word of warning to anyone buying the arc system 3 with the mic off of ik's website. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago it still hasn't shipped. Just got an email from support and was told it was out of stock and that higher shipping tiers will be handled with priority if I wanted to cancel and reorder with a paid shipping tier instead of the free one.

I am having the same problem, and I'm very irritated to see that they are re-arranging the queue for people who pay the higher shipping fee. They should only get faster shipping, not take other people's place in the queue. In fact, the explanation of the status of orders specifically says:

"When purchasing a pre-order or an out of stock item, this will appear before your item is shipped. Don't worry, this just means we're holding your place in line to get your product to you as soon as we can."

Apparently this is not true at all.

Peter: This is something you could perhaps help us with, isn't it? If so, thanks!
dave_clark

Postby hydemusic » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:03 pm

My dilemma ... I have 99% of everything offered...I have 4 more choices and I'm sure more... Should I repeat myself and get apps for my laptop in addition to my desktop. Mixbox, ST4, Sampletron 2, Comprexxor..... I bought Modo Drum but don't see it as free. I see Modo Drum SE but that's lame compared to Mondo Drum which I would really like for my laptop.
Oorrrrr. Just use my existing licenses for the laptop. Never had or will use the laptop and desktop at the same time...2 different jobs..
Bob
hydemusic

Postby blueshift9 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:09 pm

Bob, you don't need to get the apps all over again for your laptop if I remember correctly.

Modo Drum would only appear as a free product if your buy-in was $199 or above.
blueshift9

Postby hydemusic » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:16 pm

Thanks but that doesn't answer my question.....It was $199.99 less the special promo price but still counts $199.99.
hydemusic

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:19 pm

hydemusic wrote:Thanks but that doesn't answer my question.....It was $199.99 less the special promo price but still counts $199.99.

You aren't able to choose it because it was your entry into the group buy and you already have it.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby hydemusic » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:26 pm

You aren't able to choose it because it was your entry into the group buy and you already have it.

That's what I figured....I'll look for some little things instead repeating what I already own.

Thank You Peter!
hydemusic

Postby Thedude4774 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:37 pm

hydemusic wrote:Oorrrrr. Just use my existing licenses for the laptop. Never had or will use the laptop and desktop at the same time...2 different jobs..
Bob

I don't think there's any need for a second copy. I think you can do up to 10 different installs with one license. So you will be all good.
Thedude4774

Postby Musical.Alchemy » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:13 pm

Thinking of double dipping. I'm looking mostly at Tracks. I already grabbed T5 and T5 SE.

T5 SE comes with:
Tape Echo
Black 76 Limiting Amplifier
White 2A Leveling Amplifier
Vintage Tube Compressor/Limiter Model 670
De-esser
Classic T-RackS Compressor
Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter
Classic T-RackS Clipper
Classic T-RackS Equalizer
CSR Room Reverb

T5 comes with:
Dyna-Mu
Master Match
EQual
ONE
Metering
Classic T-RackS Compressor
Classic T-RackS Clipper
Classic T-RackS Multi-band Limiter
Classic T-RackS Equalizer

What are some of the other shining stars in the TRacks collection that I should grab ?

-
Musical.Alchemy

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote: What are some of the other shining stars in the TRacks collection that I should grab ?

T-RackS Sunset Sound Studio Reverb
The rest of the CSR reverbs
Comprexxor
Space Delay
All of the tape machines + Saturator X
Stealth Limiter
Master EQ 432
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:41 pm

Musical.Alchemy wrote:What are some of the other shining stars in the TRacks collection that I should grab ?

My top pickups in TRacks were Sunset Sound, Comprexxor, Stealth Lim, and Leslie. My biggest need was compression as it's something I've really struggled with in the past. I've used the Comprexxor on the drums of an existing project that I though I was done with and love what it did to make it better. Sunset Sound is a lot to play with, but I can also tell it'll be great help for me too. I haven't played with the others just yet but a limiter is something I think would be very useful (so why not get the most expensive one), and Leslie is just for fun.

By the way, what a position to be in when we can chose from the top modules like these as if we were all millionaires. I would not have had the budget to pick up even one of these if it weren't for this Group Buy, and probably would have stuck with the modules that came 'in the box'.
huli50

Postby Fen1xSyd » Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:52 am

I haven't been tracking the numbers properly but I think it's jumped from ~250 a day to like 500-600 overnight. We need a chart from @DarkStar to confirm :D
Fen1xSyd

Postby pcarey3 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:49 am

I'm curious about the Group Buy. Its seems to strategically lock out the
most long-term loyal (20 years) customers. I can't find 15 things I need or want and
the newer cool stuff that I don't have is BOTH on the list of "qualifying products" and
listed with fine print that says "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." Huh? It is entirely possible that I have misread/misunderstood something (not the first time), but at this stage, why would I participate? Since I've already spent lots of money over the years and have so many products, and it's now a buy 1 get15 free sale....why can't I get what I want at any appropriate discount....There aren't 15 things I don't have (and I've even put things on the list I don't really want to see what I "could" get)...so I'm penalized? Marketing strategy?

...happy to know where I've misunderstood this...

Peter
pcarey3

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements