TR5 Mic Room crashing Pro Tools

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

TR5 Mic Room crashing Pro Tools

Postby samtr1nO » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:07 pm

Hello,
I just picked up T-Racks 5 Deluxe and installed it on my system, and right after Pro Tools started crashing each and every time while starting... I moved all TR5 plugins to Unused Plugins, and PT started without any issue. So after trial and error I narrowed it down to Mic Room - When it is in the Plugins folder PT crashes consistently, when I move it out it works!

Anyone else using TR5 Mic Room with Pro Tools (latest version on macOS) successfully?

Thanks.
samtr1nO

Re: TR5 Mic Room crashing Pro Tools

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:38 pm

Hello samtr1nO and welcome to the forum.
I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in. But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time aims to be within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances and may lead others down the wrong track.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: TR5 Mic Room crashing Pro Tools

Postby dbw1 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:44 pm

This info is from late 2023 running Mac Ventura:

I'm not an avid PT user but "keep it alive" for purposes of opening up PT projects, etc. I've had similar issues with various IK plugins keeping PT from booting up. My first issue was (and still is) AmpliTube 5. Recently I updated to Ventura where my version of PT isn't officially supported (version 20.11x). Regardless, I decided to make sure it still boots up and can open projects. This time around I found (after hours of troubleshooting) that many of the IK TR5 plugins were keeping it from booting up. The TR5 mic room (which I own) was one of many that was causing an issue. I'm not sure if this is all ironed out if one is up to date with PT but if anyone knows I'd love to have that info;-)
dbw1

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox