Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby n2mpujack » Sat Sep 04, 2021 1:14 pm

KyceEssadki8 wrote:please make it so the univibe can be slower, the slowest setting is still super fast, it's a shame too since the AmpliTube uni-v is really good

I wouldn't say the AT5 is super fast at it's slowest speed. There are univibe plugins that can go slower.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby KyceEssadki8 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:39 am

jhndp99 wrote:-ADA MP-1 preamp
-Gallien Krueger 250ml
-Gallien Krueger 2100 SEL
-EHX polychorus
-Colorsound Powerboost
-Yamaha RA-200 rotating speaker
-Marshall JMP 50W 1987 MK II
-Binson Echorec (or catalinbread echorec)
-"ram's head" big muff
-Strymon Mobyus
-Dod 250 preamp
-Catalinbread Rah
-Ehx Cathedral Reverb
-Ehx Micro Synthesizer or POG
-Keeley Monterey Rotary Fuzz Vibe
-Walrus Audio Slö

are you a pink floyd fan by any chance, can't help but notice the ra200, rams head big muff, echorec, and powerboost
KyceEssadki8

Postby shmihe » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:35 pm

Can we get the ability to Globally set input and output levels?

And maybe to switch it on or off, or to be able to have/use presets which also have their own levels?

Many of the given presets are too hot, so I have to readjust my output level on almost every one.
shmihe

Postby j4k-msc » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:59 pm

shmihe wrote:Can we get the ability to Globally set input and output levels?

Global input level is controlled with your audio interface gain knob. Global output level is controlled with your audio interface headphone/output knob. With a proper gain staging technique preset based input and output levels should be really all you need.

It would be nice if there was a VU meter included in AT5, though. This meter should have input and output switch. With this feature making a consistently loud presets would be a breeze.
j4k-msc

Postby mv2112 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:55 pm

Now we have the BM30 lets show the Vox range off, AC4/10/15, and why not Selmer? I’d also second the suggestion for Nobels overdrives.

Please throw us bass players a usable bone. The idea of bass artists is tempting but a bass gear by era with presets for said artists might work better?

- more GK, RB series for example
- Eden (should be easy now Marshall owned)
- Hartke (even if just HA3500 and a few cabs)
- SWR
- The Green amp needs some love
- if you cant do the above get us a good Avalon U5
mv2112

Postby fiveblairs » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:43 am

mv2112 wrote:Now we have the BM30 lets show the Vox range off, AC4/10/15, and why not Selmer?...

One note on Vox, I would love it if IK could model one of the hybrid UL sseries amps used by the Beatles on Revolver and Sgt. Pepper. There are only ahandfulstill out there but I bet someone would lone one to IK.
fiveblairs

Postby carlaz » Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:51 am

I don't if this is the case in North America, but Ashdown seems to have become a big bass amp brand amongst people I know in the UK. (And at least some people I know in UK retro/stoner/doom bands also seem to be really into Sound City amps, for both guitar and bass.)

I will take this opportunity to (once again, for the millionth time) :mrgreen: agitate for a model based on the Marshall #1992 Super Bass with matching 4x12 and 4x15 cabs and speakers. Many guitarists have also used the Super Bass (and cabs/speakers) for a guitar rig, so it might have broad appeal.

However, I think some of the things I would most like to see in AmpliTube are some straight-up HPF and LPF rack units, as well as a limiter of some kind. When playing bass, I am often blending various combinations of bass and guitar amps, as well as DI, and the current EQ and compressor models are -- while great for many things -- sort of "blunt" instruments when trying to carve away various broad swathes of frequencies from one piece of the chain or the other. (And the limiter is because I often try to augment a amped bass tone by carving away all but the lower frequencies in a DI signal and really smashing it flat, though ideally keeping it as clean as possible.)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby shmihe » Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:36 pm

j4k-msc wrote:
shmihe wrote:Can we get the ability to Globally set input and output levels?

Global input level is controlled with your audio interface gain knob. Global output level is controlled with your audio interface headphone/output knob. With a proper gain staging technique preset based input and output levels should be really all you need.

It would be nice if there was a VU meter included in AT5, though. This meter should have input and output switch. With this feature making a consistently loud presets would be a breeze.

Nah, I know all about interface in/out levels and gain staging. I have my RME Babyface optimized where I want it, and I do not and should not have to touch it. Monitor level out volume is it.

The sliders on the bottom left and right in AT5 should be able to be set globally too.

[mod redaction - please review the rules and let's all keep this thread on the topic of wishlist items]
shmihe

Postby shmihe » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:40 pm

Ok, AT5 stock factory PRESETS levels are all over the place for me, clipping/too hot/too quiet.

IF we had the ability to set (and keep) the AT5 input/output sliders "locked" how we like them - as in globally (across all presets), I would not have the issue of always having to reset or reprogram/store the levels that work with a particular guitar EVERY single time I change a preset.

So, this is a WISH to ultimately improve the presets. Just like programmable rack hardware, I can set my input and output gain/volumes (per guitar obviously) and leave them. The rest is programmed in between those - within the preset.
shmihe

Postby elammark13 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:28 pm

I've seen this gear posted here already, but maybe with yet another post, it will help people take notice. :) New gear:

- ADA MP-1 (original version...not the later versions)
- Mesa/Boogie MarkIIC
- GalienKrueger 250ML

Just by the amps I listed, you can see I'm an 80's metal guy. So along those lines, I'd love preset packages for 80's metal:

- George Lynch/Dokken - from their first 4 albums, & Lynch's "Wicked Sensation" album
- John Sykes - Whitesnake and first Blue Murder album
- Ratt - first two albums
- Basically any 80's guitar tones from producer Michael Wagener.

Thank you!!
elammark13

Postby Wooot1899 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:41 pm

Amps:
Matchless HC 30 / DC 30, especially the 2nd. Channel (EF86 Tube)

Pedals: well... a
Klon Centaur of course <3
Wooot1899

Postby carlaz » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:03 pm

elammark13 wrote:Just by the amps I listed, you can see I'm an 80's metal guy. So along those lines, I'd love preset packages for 80's metal.

I'm not going to reiterate the calls for specific gear (except to say, who wouldn't love a Mesa/Boogie MarkIIC?! 8-) ), but, to some extent, I think of the '80s as the Age of Modded Marshalls: people rejigging (sometimes in the course of repairing) the circuitry of JCM800s (of course), but also late-'70s master-volume JMPs and earlier Plexis. Sure, there are a few models in AmpliTube that capture some of this vibe, and there are a fair number of other "based" on Marshall models (including a "stock" JCM800), but it might be fun for AmpliTube to do some models that were essentially their own take on such things.

Alongside the Brit8000, there could be a separate "based on modded JCM800" model :mrgreen: that perhaps had a few switchable options for different kinds of gain structure or power tubes or other aspects of voicing. The old Vintage Metal Lead could use a refresh, so perhaps there could be a model representing a "stock" late-'70s master-volume JMP (i.e., early #2203) that also had some switchable "mod" options. And, then, there has never really been a "stock" based-on-Plexi model (as much as I like the JH Gold), so there could be one of those that perhaps let you switch in various mods, including (why not!?) the option for a stock Super Bass circuit. :mrgreen:

I know that AmpliTube moved away from models with switchable pre-/power-amp and tone stack sections that had existed from AT2/AT Metal, but I'm thinking about this more along the lines of the switchable options in things like the current VariDiode+ stomp model. I'm sort of also thinking of the MiniPlex 20, and the gain switch from the real Pink Taco amp on which it is based, which essentially try to let you choose gain structures from different "Marshally" kinds of amps. Even Marshall's own JVM410 family sort of tries to give you various variant options within a single physical amp (and the SatchVM reproduces this). It that sense, I'm mostly suggesting IKM could create the switchable Marshall-type amps that Marshall itself has not. :D

And, then, it could also be fun to bundle all the "based on some kind of Marshall" models (current and future) into a "Brit Black Tolex" collection ;) sort of like the Fender collections though not actually licensed (as only the Slash models enjoy that privilege at present) so that people could just buy a whacking great pile of Marshallesque things all at a go. :mrgreen:
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby elammark13 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:08 pm

@Carlaz...brilliant post!
elammark13

Postby iankinzel » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:52 am

-Big Muff pedal bundle: different versions, like Triangle/Ram's Head/Op Amp/Deluxe/Civil War/Green Russian/Black Russian/"NYC Classic"/Tone Wicker, Muff Overdrive, Double Muff etc

-Vox bundle: different historical versions of the AC30/AC15 etc (separate vintage/modern versions, ability to model with or without tube rectifier, access to a master volume version, etc); other curiosities like the AC-50 (vintage and modern), AC-100, the UL series, Night Train etc.

-Foxx Tone Machine

-any of the quirkier Electro-Harmonix stuff: the Q Tron, the Tube Zipper, the Poly Chorus, the POG, the Ravish Sitar, the Flanger Hoax - any single one of those would be AMAZING to use
iankinzel

Postby carlaz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:20 pm

iankinzel wrote:-Big Muff pedal bundle: different versions, like Triangle/Ram's Head/Op Amp/Deluxe/Civil War/Green Russian/Black Russian/"NYC Classic"/Tone Wicker, Muff Overdrive, Double Muff etc

A refreshed Big Muff stomp model would be a great candidate for switchable circuitry options in an AmpliTube stomp model. Many physical clones and some EHX Big Muff pedals have at least some switchable circuitry options -- but the sky is the limit (or maybe there is no limit!?) in the digital realm. 8-)

iankinzel wrote:any of the quirkier Electro-Harmonix stuff: the Q Tron, the Tube Zipper, the Poly Chorus, the POG, the Ravish Sitar, the Flanger Hoax - any single one of those would be AMAZING to use

I'm a big ol' fan of EHX pedals, and pretty much anything based on their stuff is of interest to me! 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling