UNO Synth Pro Desktop issues

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

UNO Synth Pro Desktop issues

Postby Sibyllin » Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:24 am

Hi !

I'm a new owner of a Synth Pro Desktop.
Sound and concept are great, but the build quality is frightening :x

I have listed some bugs and problems that poped-up quite instantly after the unboxing.
Tell me if i'm the only one with these...

1/ I couldn't power my synth with the USB cable supplied in the box. The one that we're told to use exclusively in the manual... I feared my unit was broken but luckily, it was just the dang "exclusive cable" - which is not exclusive at all.

2/ While I was playing (thanks to my "emergency cable") i encountered a hard reset... with a "bang" in my speakers. It happened only one time, so far.

3/ The capacitive keyboard is unreliable in some circumstances...
The modulation strip doesn't respond precisely to my finger (but the pitch bend strip does !).
When I play paraphonic presets, some keys may not respond.
I made a video here : https://youtu.be/fj5krRrUQ9Y

4/ Presets are quite often out of tune. I have to recalibrate several times in a session of 30 minutes. Sometimes the recalibration process have to be triggered twice because the first attempt runs indefinitely.

5/ The internal power supply is overheating through the plastic chassis.
I don't know if it's normal but it seems freaking hot to me, and i wonder if it does explain the constant detuning.

I've only had this synth for two days and I'm already wondering what to do with it.
Are these common issues ?
Is my unit defective ?
Should I replace it ?

Thanks for your answers. I really like it though, but... I'd prefer it to work well ^^
Sibyllin

Re: UNO Synth Pro Desktop issues

Postby Huddy_IK » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:40 am

Welcome to the IK Forums!

This does not sound like a normal experience at all. You have a number of concerns there and Support would be the best place to go through each and clarify/resolve.

If you have not yet, please contact the Support team here:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
Huddy_IK

Postby nedped » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:14 am

Sibyllin wrote:I have listed some bugs and problems that poped-up quite instantly after the unboxing.
Tell me if i'm the only one with these...

No, you're not the only one. The calibration on my new unit works only sometimes and when it doesn't want to the oscillators sound horrible -- beyond being out of tune. I've had mine for 15 days now and the problem seems to be growing worse, or at least more frequent.
nedped

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Please contact Support via the link above.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby mathieu_vinciguerra » Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:27 am

Hi,
I'm the happy owner of the UNO Synth Pro desktop. I didn't encouter any of the problems mentioned earlier here and my unit operates fine regarding power-calibration-tuning-heat but I faced some problems.

1-I can't copy an entire sequence using the procedure described in the manual..copying steps works fine but not sequences, it just gets out of sequence mode, nothing copied, nothing to paste.

2- When I wanted to clear some specific data on some steps (was filter cutoff data in my case) it worked alright on most steps but on some it cleared everything on the step, 'step empty' flashed and step cleared. It was always on step 4 and another I don't remember in a 16 steps sequence. I reloaded the preset+sequence and retried and the same thing happened.

3- I made a basic patch with 'filter 1' cutoff set to 166, recorded a basic sequence (only notes ,velocity,gate) I saved the preset. When I recall the preset, play the sequence, I hear the filter sounds more open than when I saved. I move the cutoff knob ( I use catch value mode) catch and set to 166 and then it sounds the same as when I saved.
mathieu_vinciguerra

Postby mathieu_vinciguerra » Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:17 pm

Here's another problem I faced using song mode:
If you chain two patterns using reverb there's a a reverb sweep sound occuring at the transition from one pattern to the other, even if the reverb settings are the same in the two patterns.
Also it would be much better if the chain of steps was playing in loop instead the song just stops at the end of the chain.
mathieu_vinciguerra

Postby mathieu_vinciguerra » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:34 pm

I figured the procedure to loop the steps/patterns in song mode: ALT/+/Data (number of steps for loop).
Would have been nice to include this info in the manual.
mathieu_vinciguerra

Postby MethosIK1 » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:45 pm

LFO Retrigger is completely broken - it works most of the time like a global setting and the patches themself dont respond to their specific value off/on

The Filter Cutoff doesnt being save properly - sometimes it just doesnt work

The preset saving function of this Synth is pretty unreliable - especially for live situations :o

Why is there no update regarding to this?
MethosIK1

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:20 am

MethosIK1 wrote:Why is there no update regarding to this?

This forum isn't tech support. If you report your issue(s) to IK Support they will assist you directly and take care. Same for other issues in this thread. I'm sure they can assist you all http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sleepingangel » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:38 pm

mathieu_vinciguerra wrote:I figured the procedure to loop the steps/patterns in song mode: ALT/+/Data (number of steps for loop).
Would have been nice to include this info in the manual.

YOu have no idea how happy I was to read your comment because I couldn't figure out how to make the sequence be more than 16 steps. So I did what you did in song mode and figured let me try it in sequencer mode and it worked. So thank you so much!~
sleepingangel

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth