AmpliTube 5.1 update available

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

AmpliTube 5.1 update available

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:45 pm

Just wanted to let you all know AmpliTube 5 has been updated to 5.1. This mostly adds the virtual X-GEAR pedals (which are free with their hardware equivalent or available for purchase on their own) which is a great way to try the algorithms without having the actual pedal in front of you.

What's new in AmpliTube 5.1
  • Added virtual X-GEAR pedals for demo and purchase in AmpliTube 5 via the Custom Shop including X-DRIVE, X-VIBE, X-TIME and X-SPACE.
  • Spillover is now implemented in all reverb and delay effects (the effect's tail persists when the gear is bypassed).

Full news

X-GEAR pedals
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: AmpliTube 5.1 update available

Postby jz20051 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:09 pm

AWESOME!!! Can't wait to try them out when I get home! :D

Funniest thing, I was seriously hoping y'all would make a digital version of the X-Gear stuff!
jz20051

Postby mschartier » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:12 pm

Are the x-pedal models included with my Amplitube 5 Max license? Or my Total Studio 3 MAX license? Feels like they should be if they aren't.
mschartier

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:16 pm

jz20051 wrote:AWESOME!!! Can't wait to try them out when I get home! :D

Funniest thing, I was seriously hoping y'all would make a digital version of the X-Gear stuff!

Great! I personally want the hardware pedals more than the virtual but I'm glad both exist - especially when the librarian functionality is released for the hardware pedals. Very cool stuff. Now if we can get back to a world where stable gigging is back strong!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:18 pm

mschartier wrote:Are the x-pedal models included with my Amplitube 5 Max license? Or my Total Studio 3 MAX license? Feels like they should be if they aren't.

No, they are not. Products are not added to any MAX packages after the MAX package is released. It works just as other complete (pun/wordplay intended, just think "K") packages work - what is included is what is available at the time of the MAX package's release. It is not a subscription or similar.

There was one limited-time offer where IK included Comprexxor for TS3 MAX owners due to its release being right after TS3 MAX. But that was an exception and a very limited time offer.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jz20051 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:29 pm

I do have a question about the X-Drive. Is the OverScream pedal in AT5 gonna sound difference from the Green mode in X-Drive? I love OverScream; however, I must admit I wish it was a little warmer (meaning some of the top fizz rounded off). I'm hoping the X-Drive sounds that much closer to the real deal pedals.

I guess, I'm wondering if all drives were remodeled for the X-Gear stuff?

Peter_IK wrote:

Great! I personally want the hardware pedals more than the virtual but I'm glad both exist - especially when the librarian functionality is released for the hardware pedals. Very cool stuff. Now if we can get back to a world where stable gigging is back strong!
jz20051

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:43 pm

jz20051 wrote:I do have a question about the X-Drive. Is the OverScream pedal in AT5 gonna sound difference from the Green mode in X-Drive? I love OverScream; however, I must admit I wish it was a little warmer (meaning some of the top fizz rounded off). I'm hoping the X-Drive sounds that much closer to the real deal pedals.

I guess, I'm wondering if all drives were remodeled for the X-Gear stuff?

Peter_IK wrote:

These are new algorithms, so it would be different. You might want to use the trial mode to see if the specific model you are interested in has a different sound that is amenable to you in this case.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jz20051 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Great! I'm glad it's a different algorithm! Can't wait to try it out now (only 4.5hrs of work to go LOL)

Peter_IK wrote:

These are new algorithms, so it would be different. You might want to use the trial mode to see if the specific model you are interested in has a different sound that is amenable to you in this case.
jz20051

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:13 pm

jz20051 wrote:Great! I'm glad it's a different algorithm! Can't wait to try it out now (only 4.5hrs of work to go LOL)

Wait, you don't have a guitar and AXE I/O sitting near you at work? Sometimes I forget some of the perks of working for IK ;)

Seriously, though, can't wait for you (and everybody else interested) to try them. There is great demand for the physical pedals so I don't have a set of my own yet. So much for those perks! Ha, just kidding, we need to get them to the pre-orderers and some dealers were super excited about them so they will be stocking more than we expected.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby wildlifewoodworks » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:36 pm

I was also looking forward at the new 5.1 update with the pedals. The previous version worked great. The problem I have is when I updated to the new version it will not load up and I get an error. I have a new M1 Mac Mini 16 ram. Has anyone else experiencing issues with the new update on an M1 Mac.
wildlifewoodworks

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:14 pm

wildlifewoodworks wrote:I was also looking forward at the new 5.1 update with the pedals. The previous version worked great. The problem I have is when I updated to the new version it will not load up and I get an error. I have a new M1 Mac Mini 16 ram. Has anyone else experiencing issues with the new update on an M1 Mac.

I just updated on an M1 MacBook Pro without issue, opens and runs without any problems. I would suggest reaching out to IK Support for assistance.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lordpaul77 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:21 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
mschartier wrote:Are the x-pedal models included with my Amplitube 5 Max license? Or my Total Studio 3 MAX license? Feels like they should be if they aren't.

No, they are not. Products are not added to any MAX packages after the MAX package is released. It works just as other complete (pun/wordplay intended, just think "K") packages work - what is included is what is available at the time of the MAX package's release. It is not a subscription or similar.

There was one limited-time offer where IK included Comprexxor for TS3 MAX owners due to its release being right after TS3 MAX. But that was an exception and a very limited time offer.

Usually buying a MAX product WOULD include all features of the version until the next version/year (as you do do with your IOS release, and did do with MAX until this, as it says on the page "Go all-in.").

This is essentially a point release to a piece of software I've spent several hundred pounds on just a few months ago (which was advertised as having all the add-ons), that now will be incomplete, and I will likely be bombarded with more adverts selling me these extras.
lordpaul77

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:28 pm

We've never added to MAX after it was released except the one example I noted (and that was a limited time).

The iOS bundles have the year mentioned because they contain gear released in that year. MAX bundles do not and have never worked that way.

This is no different than, since I was too coy about it last time, Komplete or other similar bundles from other companies. As with those, you get an amazing value for what is included. In the case of Total Studio 3 MAX you get $10,473 worth of software for $899 (or hundreds less if you qualify for Crossgrade or MAXgrade). In that context, I hope it is understandable that it does not function as a subscription-type additive concept.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby vac713 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:26 am

I couldn't wait to get home to try the virtual x-gear stuff. I preordered all four pedals and I was hoping tomes with the virtual stuff tonight but ran into a snag

I went to custom shop, signed in and all 4 pedals displayed a green check mark in the custom shop

I then launch AT5 (after updating of course) and the 4 pedals are still locked. When I click on them, it takes me back to the custom shop

Probably something stupid on my end..... any help would be appreciated
vac713

Postby carlaz » Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:42 am

Peter_IK wrote:These are new algorithms, so it would be different. You might want to use the trial mode to see if the specific model you are interested in has a different sound that is amenable to you in this case.

Oooh, this suddenly makes the AmpliTube version of X-Drive very intriguing to me, since there are a number of algorithms there based on pedals whose models I've been hoping would get refreshes in AmpliTube anyway. Hmmmm! 8-)
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling