Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby squeezenor » Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:22 pm

j4k-msc wrote:
squeezenor wrote:-let us reset the default. my blank canvas is generally just a noise gate, maybe an eq pedal, and certain rack effects. then i'll add an amp and a cab if need be. but i hate that it just defaults to an 800 and it's 412. i literally never want that. it's annoying that i have to start there, and then dig for the two pedals i use the most. even setting that up as a preset is an extra step for us.

You can set your starting preset anyway you like and then simply overwrite the original Default preset.
so i gave that a shot, and it works! you are still forced to have an amp and a cab in the preset, but at least now they are greyed out. that's something. it's progress.

i put the star gate and the 10 band eq in front of the amp (gate at minimum and eq off) and added the eq81 and eqpg to the rack (both off). that way, i don't have to go looking for them, which is something. guess i miss having the default gate from a4.

appreciate the tip! :D
squeezenor

Postby miles.beamguard » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:21 pm

I would love a Human Gear Animato pedal like the one Muse uses for both IOS and Computer versions of Amplitube 5.
miles.beamguard

Postby matt_butler2001 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:08 pm

Ability to load a vst or au in one of the pedal slots and the rack. [mod redacted - unnecessary]
matt_butler2001

2 fixes regarding pitch change

Postby timm49 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:58 pm

When having the pitch changed while recording, the recorded part will be re-pitched also when playing the track.

It would also be nice to be able to change the pitch per individual track, and would fix the above issue at the same time.
timm49

Loud feedback on booting because of mic input

Postby timm49 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:03 pm

Often when booting the app (even when already having an interface connected) it starts with a loud feedback because the mic of my macbook is used by default. This is very annoying. An option to fully disable specific devices (global level, not song level) would be great since I would never use my mic input.
timm49

Show playback speed+ reset to default

Postby timm49 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:06 pm

It's really hard to set the playback speed to a specific value since it's not displayed as text while dragging.

Also it would be helpful if double clicking these buttons will return to the default value (as in most DAW's)
timm49

Re: Loud feedback on booting because of mic input

Postby timm49 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:31 pm

timm49 wrote:Often when booting the app (even when already having an interface connected) it starts with a loud feedback because the mic of my macbook is used by default. This is very annoying. An option to fully disable specific devices (global level, not song level) would be great since I would never use my mic input.

I even tried to uncheck the Amplitube application from allowing to use the mic input (this is mac only, settings -> security), which indeed stopped the mic from being used, but strangely enough also my audio interface (focusrite). So even though the OSX settings are mic in only, Amplitube stopped using any IN.
timm49

Postby jsedivy » Wed Sep 08, 2021 6:57 pm

A count-in setting for the recorder would be helpful. I also suggest a list of output tubes for each amp be provided.
jsedivy

Postby carlaz » Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:18 pm

For the newer models that tend to be based on specific real-world models, one can consult the original manufacturers' specs on which power (or preamp) tubes a given physical amp has as stock. (E.g., the Orange Thunderverb 200 has four 6550 power tubes, and the AmpliTube model based on the Orange Thunderverb 200 models that.)

Admittedly, for some of the older AmpliTube models, it can be more difficult to pin down a specific real-world amp on which the model was based (and there are a few IKM originals that lack any particular real-world amp as a reference).
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby thievedletter » Sun Sep 12, 2021 12:23 am

I don't know if this was already mentioned... i don't have the patience to read 12 pages...

I would love a way to lock the output level in Amplitube standalone. I find I have to turn down by 5 or 6db for every single preset, despite my input level looking normal. It makes scrolling presets much more tedious than it needs to be, imo.
thievedletter

Postby marcroth » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:22 pm

I would like to use ARC 3 with AT5 standalone, ideally integrated with a rack effect.
marcroth

Postby elammark13 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:02 pm

EQ/Tone matching

When trying to replicate other guitar sounds, we have most of the tools to get close, with some work...but a tone matching EQ section would help get even closer. Preferably a rack type of effect to be inserted in the mixer rack, so it's the last part of the chain or just a built in permanent module as the last part of the chain that can be enabled/disabled at the user's choice. Thanks!!
elammark13

Postby timm49 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:51 pm

thievedletter wrote:I don't know if this was already mentioned... i don't have the patience to read 12 pages...

I would love a way to lock the output level in Amplitube standalone. I find I have to turn down by 5 or 6db for every single preset, despite my input level looking normal. It makes scrolling presets much more tedious than it needs to be, imo.

Agreed, I only found out today that this is a preset specific volume, not global. Which I also think it should be as it is displayed now. Preset specific volumes should be done on the amps/mixers etc of that preset.
timm49

Postby TheMaxassin » Thu Sep 23, 2021 4:08 am

Just upgraded from Ampltube 4 MAX as part of the 25th anniversary group buy and, while I think there's a lot of amazing goodness in Amplitube 5, for my specific use case I've actually lost vital functionality. It's a small thing but it really affects my workflow.

Within the 8 routing options contained in Amplitube 4, something I utilized as a part of my workflow was parallel pedalboard into a single amp. Live using IRL gear, I use an EHX Switchboard to split into a chorused clean and a dry dirt, before reuniting the signal path and running it into a compressor to ease them into the amp and delays and whatnot.

I could do most of this (sans the compression) in Amplitube 4, putting my delays and reverbs in the FX loop of my single amp, but as of Amplitube 5, the only way to achieve this split is by using multiple amps which makes the process of using effects on the combined signal chain (and the natural compression of an amplifier to glue the two signals together) an unachievable ordeal unless I run multiple instances of Amplitube 5.

Better routing options prior to splitting into the amplifiers would alleviate this loss of functionality, or alternatively, changing the point at which the splits converge to before the amplifier rather than after.
TheMaxassin

Postby peteroyle » Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:02 am

-> Click-and-drag to scroll on lists or on the background of gear panels.

Amplitube makes *a lot* of sense on a touch screen. I use a laptop in tablet mode when jamming which makes tweaking inputs a breeze 8-) ...

But scrolling around gear and presets is *tough*. Grabbing those tiny little scroll bars with my sausage fingers :|. My efficiency would be greatly improved (and frustration reduced) if I could drag-to-scroll the content pretty much anywhere there is a scroll bar.
peteroyle

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling