Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs

Postby aksarhils53 » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:13 am

So I just ordered a new Mac Mini 16gb/256SSD with the M1. I have come to rely on Modo Bass and Modo Drum. I produce in Logic. I’m coming from a 2017 iMac with Mojave on it that’s pretty stable but I couldn’t resist the new M1 machines. I’m going to build this new machine from scratch on Big Sur. I know I’m going to have plugin issues but I’m hoping they get worked out eventually. I’ll use the Rosetta emulation to start, not much Native M1 support yet, I know.

So what about Modo Bass and Modo Drum? Anyone been thru this yet?

I’ve got loads of other IK Multimedia stuff as well, but these two I really need.

Please advise and maybe say a short prayer for me :-)
aksarhils53

Re: Modo Bass and Modo Drum on new M1 Macs

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:05 pm

MODO Drum is M1 native and MODO Bass runs very well under Rosetta 2.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby aksarhils53 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:52 pm

aksarhils53 wrote:So I just ordered a new Mac Mini 16gb/256SSD with the M1. I have come to rely on Modo Bass and Modo Drum. I produce in Logic. I’m coming from a 2017 iMac with Mojave on it that’s pretty stable but I couldn’t resist the new M1 machines. I’m going to build this new machine from scratch on Big Sur. I know I’m going to have plugin issues but I’m hoping they get worked out eventually. I’ll use the Rosetta emulation to start, not much Native M1 support yet, I know.

So what about Modo Bass and Modo Drum? Anyone been thru this yet?

I’ve got loads of other IK Multimedia stuff as well, but these two I really need.

Please advise and maybe say a short prayer for me :-)

issue got solved
aksarhils53

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:05 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS