IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price of 1

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Re: IK's 25th Anniversary Group Buy! Up to 25 for the price

Postby lclark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:45 pm

If you reach 25000 and get 25 free products, wouldn't that be 26 for the price of 1, not 25 for the price of 1? :? :?
lclark

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:53 pm

lclark wrote:If you reach 25000 and get 25 free products, wouldn't that be 26 for the price of 1, not 25 for the price of 1? :? :?

The top tier will be 24 free, 25 for the price of one and will be 25,000 entries. Please check the page, the full set of tiers are not there, but it says:
Once the counter hits 4,000, another qualifying product* of equal or lesser value will be available in your User Area for FREE. The same thing will happen again each time the counter hits another tier.

That means you can get up to a total of 25 products for the price of one!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lclark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
lclark wrote:If you reach 25000 and get 25 free products, wouldn't that be 26 for the price of 1, not 25 for the price of 1? :? :?

The top tier will be 24 free, 25 for the price of one and will be 25,000 entries. Please check the page, the full set of tiers are not there, but it says:
Once the counter hits 4,000, another qualifying product* of equal or lesser value will be available in your User Area for FREE. The same thing will happen again each time the counter hits another tier.

That means you can get up to a total of 25 products for the price of one!

From the email:
Once the counter hits 2000, another qualifying product* of equal or lesser value will be available in your User Area for FREE. The same thing will happen again each time the counter hits another multiple of 1,000.

Don’t forget, you can participate in the Group Buy multiple times!

25TH ANNIVERSARY GROUP BUY TIERS
Buy 1 Get 1 Free*
Buy 1 Get 2 Free* when 2,000 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 3 Free* when 3,000 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 4 Free* when 4,000 registrations are reached
Buy 1 Get 5 Free* when 5,000 registrations are reached

And so on, up to our goal of 25,000 participants, and 25 titles for the price of 1!

*Free product must be of equal or lesser value of the purchased item.

This would mean you only need 24000 participants to reach 24 free, 25 for the price of 1.
lclark

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:10 pm

The upper tiers are not published. Please go by what the group buy page says, and that both say the top tier will indeed be 25 for the price of 1 and the final participant goal is definitely 25,000. That is 100% the way it will be, confirmed.

Please re-read this and don't post the same thing twice, thank you. The top tier is 25,000 and the final deal if you reach it will be 25 for the price of 1. This is the absolutely official word.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lclark » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:20 pm

Sorry I accidently resent the previous reply. What I was trying to send was this. Look at the blue text.

From the email:
Once the counter hits 2000, another qualifying product* of equal or lesser value will be available in your User Area for FREE. The same thing will happen again each time the counter hits another multiple of 1,000.

This would mean you only need 24000 to reach the top tier.
Last edited by lclark on Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lclark

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:38 pm

I said above that the group buy page is correct. The email is a snapshot in time and the published tiers are 1,000 each. The top tier is 25,000 and at that point it will indeed be 25 for the price of 1.

So for anybody still confused. 25 for the price of 1 (24 free products) will be achieved when the counter hits 25,000.

There are no errors on the page. The top tier is 25,000 and when the counter reaches that figure, there will be 24 free products (25 for the price of 1).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:45 pm

Time for one of these?

----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby huli50 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:18 pm

DarkStar, as nerdy as that seems, I can appreciate this data. I've been wondering if anyone was keeping trends. I thought we were on pace for about 400 participants daily, but it looks like we're shy of that. Nonetheless, would be nice to see this updated again periodically as we go along. If you keep it going, I'll convince IK to give you the Classic T-RackS Equalizer module for free. Great work!
huli50

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:26 pm

If you want to step up the pace and get more bonus products, just get all your family and friends to join in ;)

After all, that's what "influencers" do, isn't it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:29 pm

huli50 wrote:If you keep it going, I'll convince IK to give you the Classic T-RackS Equalizer module for free. Great work!

Peter_IK who probably still owes DarkStar something:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:31 pm

^^^^
Moi?

----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ttinker » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:43 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I did answer your question, you're kind of overcomplicating it to be honest. Simply, you qualify for items that are 199.99 or below if your price is 199.99. If you qualify for crossgrade versions that are at that level (either based on your initial purchase for the group buy or with products you already have) then you can pick those from the list.

Thanks Peter, that does in fact clarify it. Sorry for being persistent but though you may have answered previously in a way that seemed clear to you, to me it was still ambiguous, and it's nice to be sure what I'm signing up for.

In fact I am on board now and have happily availed myself of some crossgrade goodies. This promotion is already off the charts and if it continues to gather steam - as Darkstar's helpful graphs suggest - it will be one for the record books! In any case, given that I already own about half the IK catalogue (along with some hardware)... well, I'm looking forward to digging into the other half!
ttinker

Postby smata65 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik collections have been added to the Group by's Qualifying products, but they are not yet available as a free product.
I got Sampletron 2 (199.99) and I can't select Electromagnetik collection (149.99) as one of my free products
smata65

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:06 pm

smata65 wrote:Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik collections have been added to the Group by's Qualifying products, but they are not yet available as a free product.
I got Sampletron 2 (199.99) and I can't select Electromagnetik collection (149.99) as one of my free products

There is a note there that specifies that they are only available for the initial qualifying purchase and are not available as the free choices.

Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby huli50 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:36 am

Looks like a slight increase in participation rate which is good. I'm guessing it's up to about 500 new participants daily? If this keeps up it's like Christmas every other day. Despite that steady participant rate, I still think some folks are waiting to sign up to see just how high this will get so that they plan out the right entry price point. I did that too, when I was debating a $99 entry vs $150, but I decided to pull the trigger at $150, and cashed in the max JamPoints. There were enough products on my wish list in that range to make the math work for me no matter what our final score is at the end of it all. It also makes it a no-guilt way to pick up more than one high-end plug-in or gear collection when you probably could only justify the price for one.

For those on the fence, no need to think further, especially if you're picking up one of the main platforms (AT, ST, TRackS) like I did. At that price point, you'd be able to pick up a bunch of add-on gear to start with instantaneously for the price of the shell platform. When will the next opportunity come around that you can pick up AT 5, and possibly get all the AT gear collections for free?
huli50

PreviousNext

Return to News and Announcements