Uno Synth Pro : Trouble on installing driver on Big sur ?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Uno Synth Pro : Trouble on installing driver on Big sur ?

Postby WeareAnimals92 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi,

sorry to bother you but when installing the firmware update for my new Uno synth pro desktop here is what happen :
- Uno synth is detected and ready for update (cool)
- Firmware update in progress ... updating presets (cool too)
then :
- Preset update failed
- Restart the program (holy ****)

Then I try several times and it's always the same message. My uno is blocked on OS UPDATE mode and I can't turn it off or on ...

I'm bored...

Somebody knows ???
WeareAnimals92

Re: Uno Synth Pro : Trouble on installing driver on Big sur

Postby WeareAnimals92 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:44 pm

Follow -up : after many restart and full on - off cycle... the Uno is still freezed on OS UPDATE.

Can't get out of there...
WeareAnimals92

Postby erik41 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:19 pm

I had the same problem, but in my case the Mac started complaining the USB device was drawing too much power from the USB port. That was despite the UNO Synth Pro Desktop (small version) plugged into the mains as well.

What I tried — and this succeeded — was plugging in the USP in a CalDigit Element Hub that delivers 85W on its USB ports, and that worked.

It's a suggestion that comes late, perhaps too late in your case, but if that were to be the case, it may help others perhaps.
erik41

Postby WeareAnimals92 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:56 pm

Thanks for your reply !

Finally I found a solution by updating my firmware on a MacBook w/ Catalina.

Concerning power supply I fight against the same issue on my Mac. Question, did you try to plug the mini usb power on a 5V ac/adaptater (like an iPhone one) ?

Someone told me that it should works.
WeareAnimals92

Postby mhyde » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:34 pm

I have an UNO Synth Pro Desktop. I too received the "presets update failed" error message when I tried to install the OS 2.0 firmware update to use the editor. I tried 6 different aux power sources, a Mac Mini and iMac running Catalina. Over 20 tries in all. The solution, finally, was to use my work MacBook Pro with Big Sur. It worked! Curiously, I used the same cables and 5v power supply as with the very first 5 attempts. I can't figure this one out and never had such a thing happen before. (Now I need to contact IK Multimedia support to cancel my support ticket).
mhyde

Postby WeareAnimals92 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:02 pm

Thanks for your kind reply !
WeareAnimals92

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth