Audio Input not working?

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Audio Input not working?

Postby moontom » Sun Aug 08, 2021 5:31 pm

I'm not able to mix audio from the Audio Input jack with the Uno Synth Pro's internal sound. is there a setting I need to make first? (if so, no mention in manual)
moontom

Re: Audio Input not working?

Postby Bjosko » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:32 pm

Not a word in the manual about how to use it.
I had shortly some sound through, then I lost it.
I think it have to be set and routes in the Matrix section, but I haven’t found the name of the audio input as source.
Bjosko

Postby moontom » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:20 am

maybe there's an IK person interacting on this forum? b/c this is a feature that should at least be mentioned in the documentation!
moontom

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:31 pm

The audio input should simply daisy chain / pass through audio from the source you plug into it through the output of your UNO Synth. Since that is not happening for you I'd recommend that you open a ticket with IK Support who can provide direct and official technical support to you via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Note that the manual specifies that you connect either another UNO or an external mono audio source so please make sure your source is mono or summed to mono etc.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby moontom » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:03 pm

thanks...did the ticket. it's a drum machine summed to mono.
moontom

Postby markheathcote » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:16 pm

did you get a solution? I have the same problem. The audio in doesn't seem to do anything.
markheathcote

Postby markheathcote » Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:27 pm

I also seem to be ignored by support... that is not very impressive IK.
markheathcote

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:27 am

markheathcote wrote:I also seem to be ignored by support... that is not very impressive IK.

Please note that they answer tickets in the order in which they are received and during business days/hours (noting today is Thanksgiving so the office is closed). If you could provide your ticket number if you've been waiting more than a couple of business days we can let the support team know. Thanks
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby markheathcote » Fri Nov 25, 2022 6:16 pm

Thank you, ticket9063221 logged on 15th November, so a lot more than two business days ago...
Thank you, if they could respond that would be very helpful.
markheathcote

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:07 pm

Thank you I've relayed your information to our Support Manager.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby markheathcote » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:31 pm

Thank you Peter_IK, they have got me working... it seems it was working but signla send through synth, but depending on the rpeset it is bearly audible.. if you want to bypass the synth so the ext input just plays, then here is how to do it (preset by preset)..

By default, the audio being passed from UNO Drum would only be heard when you press and engage a key on the UNO Synth Pro (referred to as "USP").

If you rather the audio pass through without being affected and processed by the USP, please do the following:

1. First, power on both devices and route the audio out of the UNO Drum into the USP.

2. On the USP, press the 'PRESET' button so the screen enters the 'EDIT PRESET' state.

3. Using the DATA knob, scroll to MIXER, press the DATA knob 'down' to continue.

4. On this next screen, scroll down to 'EXT IN ROUTE', press the DATA knob 'down' to continue.

5. Change from PRE to POST.

6. Tap the PRESET button once again to back out to the main view.

You will now hear the UNO Drum passing its audio unprocessed by the USP.
markheathcote

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth