B-3X stops making sound

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

B-3X stops making sound

Postby dpmusic » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:45 am

I have B-3X running on the M1 Ipad pro, through a Steinberg UR22C interface. Sounds glorious.

However, I am having a problem where it suddenly goes silent. Could be related to the system going to sleep, I'm not sure of the relationship there, but I do find if I come to it after leaving it for some time, it will not respond to any midi.

However I was playing it on a gig the other day and it suddenly went silent while I was playing it. So needless to say this is not acceptable.

Anyone else having this issue? What can I try? Perhaps there are settings I can tweak?
dpmusic

Re: B-3X stops making sound

Postby dave.bass5 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:57 pm

Old post i know, but ive been getting the same thing happing with my iPad 9, brought this year just to run B-3X.
At first a couple of times when connected to my MODX. I thought nothing of it and just rebooted the iPad. Over the past few days ive started using my iRig Keys 2 pro, and its happening a lot. Every time i go back to it i have to reboot the ipad (rebooting the app makes no difference), although ive not had it cut out while i am using it. All midi control is lost, but B-3X is still showing the controllers outputs are active. Been back and forth between the two controllers and cant reproduce it from the MODX. This isnt just B-3X though, its all my apps.

An interesting workaround ive found is to run the app’s in Audiobus 3. For some reason this seems a lot more robust and i dont get any of these issues with it.
dave.bass5

Re: B-3X stops making sound

Postby dave.bass5 » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:51 pm

It seems that part of the problem is the midi input is disappearing. In the Settings i can see the outputs as iRig keys Pro 2 (left and right), but the controller is not showing in the Input list. Just Network (whatever that is) and Any, only Any doesn't do anything either.
dave.bass5

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories