SampleTank 4 crashing Cubase [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

SampleTank 4 crashing Cubase [Resolved]

Postby jbguitar62 » Tue May 04, 2021 12:10 pm

Using Cubase Pro 11 on Windows 10 Pro, SampleTank 4 updated to latest version. Stand alone works great, and I can use VST SampleTank in other DAWs with no issues. When I try to load it as an instrument track in Cubase Pro 11, it starts to load, gets real close to being loaded then the whole program (Cubase) quits with no warning.

Went to IK Support, did a lot of back and forth. Uninstalled everything, reinstalled again, verified my folder structure was all correct (things were where they were supposed to be according to IK). No help. Tried Steinberg support as maybe it was a Cubase issue, never got anywhere with that line of inquiry. The support person just kept saying, he has no issues using ST4 with Cubase. Lots of help.

Just posting here to maybe see if anyone had this issue and fixed it?
jbguitar62

Re: SampleTank 4 crashing Cubase

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 04, 2021 3:54 pm

What is your ticket number? IK Support is best-equipped to resolve issues like this and strive to resolve your issue to your satisfaction. Please share your ticket number so I can help get you the help you need with your issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jbguitar62 » Tue May 04, 2021 3:59 pm

1253955, but I don't think there is anything more to do. I tried everything offered the first time around. Even complete uninstallation and re-installation. But I am willing to give another go.
jbguitar62

Postby Strauzzi » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:02 am

Hey, how did this go? Running Windows 10, Cubase LE AI Elements 10.5. While entering MIDI in SampleTank 3, Cubase will now suddenly make an audible noise like fabric ripping (!), followed by high-pitch whine, and I must shut down. Happening every time now.
Strauzzi

Postby jbguitar62 » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:30 pm

They have not provided any help at all. Everything they wanted to do we already did. I did it again anyway. Still didn't work. Cubase is the only daw that sampletank 4 does not work in for me. Tried steinberg support but they blame ik multimedia and say it is sampletanks fault I don't believe them.
jbguitar62

Postby Trensharo » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:29 am

jbguitar62 wrote:They have not provided any help at all. Everything they wanted to do we already did. I did it again anyway. Still didn't work. Cubase is the only daw that sampletank 4 does not work in for me. Tried steinberg support but they blame ik multimedia and say it is sampletanks fault I don't believe them.

No issue here on cursory test with Cubase Pro 11.

But I don't use this much, anyways, so there may be a case where a problem can be triggered.

On cursory test I cannot get it to crash.
Trensharo

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:38 am

Please reply to Technical Support saying that the previous suggestions did not resolve the problem and ask for further advice.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jbguitar62 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:20 pm

I already did, but it seems we have run out of ideas as the recommendations started to repeat what I have already done repeatedly. I responded to their last email but dis not hear back. I am willing to do whatever is necessary but it seems I have some problem that is not common. All other ik products work in cubase and sampletank works in other daws.
jbguitar62

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:49 pm

Please check out the forum Guidelines thread to read about escalating your support request.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jbguitar62 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:20 pm

OK Thanks.
jbguitar62

Postby jbguitar62 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:26 pm

As an added note, this is not a complaint about technical support. They have been more than helpful and very responsive. I was just hoping someone out there may have had a similar problem and figured it out. As I wrote before I don't think there is any more support can do for me. Thanks to everyone for responding.
jbguitar62

Re: SampleTank 4 crashing Cubase RESOLVED

Postby jbguitar62 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:50 pm

So, long story short, new computer system, complete re-install and now ST4 works just fine in Cubase. Have no idea what my old problem was as I did nothing different during this install than I did from the original on the old computer.

I now have a new problem, probably will ask in a new topic. Thanks for all the tries and help. This can be marked resolved if there is a way to do that.
jbguitar62

Re: SampleTank 4 crashing Cubase [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:00 pm

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More