Authorizations after Reinstall

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Authorizations after Reinstall

Postby chris.o.cowan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:08 pm

I had to rebuild my Windows 10 box, that I had my IK products installed on, after a hard disk failure. (Replaced with an SSD now). Everything else (motherboard, memory, etc... remained the same). So it should still have the same Microsoft identifier, I think. (Windows 10 authorized with no issues)

I'm wondering if IK Product Manager is going to decrement another authorization, when I reinstall my software, or is it smart enough to recognize it's the same system.

Along with this, I'm wondering:
  • Is it possible to deauthorize a system?
  • Is there a procedure for backing up the disk to preserve the authorizations?
  • Is this covered in the FAQs somewhere that I didn't notice?
  • Or, should I just not worry about this, and only contact IK if I run through all 10 authorizations

Thanks in advance for any info. (I have filed a support ticket about this too, but figured that I would ask here.)
chris.o.cowan

Re: Authorizations after Reinstall

Postby chris.o.cowan » Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:23 pm

I missed the response from support.

It appears you can't deauthorize the system.

Not sure if there is backup procedure, but I was basically told to not worry. They'll reset the authorizations if needed, and I had plenty left, anyway.
chris.o.cowan

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools