How to delete T-Racks plugins from Pro Tools plugins folder

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

How to delete T-Racks plugins from Pro Tools plugins folder

Postby JasonBakker » Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:47 am

I own a few IK Multimedia T-Racks plugins, but it always wants to install EVERY SINGLE T Racks plugin even though I only own a few, which clutters the heck out of my Pro Tools setup. Anyone know how to only make the ones I actually own show up? Looked in the folder that T-Racks was installed to as well as the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins folder, not seeing any individual T racks AAX files that I can delete.

I'm on Windows 10 x64, Pro Tools 12.
JasonBakker

Re: How to delete T-Racks plugins from Pro Tools plugins fol

Postby n2mpujack » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 pm

JasonBakker wrote:I own a few IK Multimedia T-Racks plugins, but it always wants to install EVERY SINGLE T Racks plugin even though I only own a few, which clutters the heck out of my Pro Tools setup. Anyone know how to only make the ones I actually own show up? Looked in the folder that T-Racks was installed to as well as the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins folder, not seeing any individual T racks AAX files that I can delete.

I'm on Windows 10 x64, Pro Tools 12.

Do you see all your other plugins in the folder (both Avid and third party)? The TRacks plugins are named like this: TR5 Black 76.aaxplugin which is for the 1176 compressor emulation. You can either delete them or move them to the 'unused plugins' folder.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby tapetv » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:36 am

Actually it's hugely annoying that with *every* update, we need to go through this process again: please stop installing stuff that clutters our folders. Had to remove 46 plugs.... :shock:
tapetv

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Jun 30, 2022 10:59 am

tapetv wrote:Actually it's hugely annoying that with *every* update, we need to go through this process again: please stop installing stuff that clutters our folders. Had to remove 46 plugs.... :shock:

Plenty of people have complained about this. It's been mentioned here that selective updating and installing MAY be coming in TRacks 6 but who knows when that will happen (if ever). IK does what it wants to do on their own timetable [mod redacted - please review the forum rules]
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby idkmyname69 » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:04 pm

I can't find my T track plugins in my pro tools plugins folder, i'm in the same boat.
If i can't fix it I am uninstalling the whole plugin it's simply not worth the mess in my plugins list (when I don't even own the plugins!)

If they arent showing up in pro tools avid folder where would they be
idkmyname69

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Oct 19, 2022 2:35 pm

idkmyname69 wrote:I can't find my T track plugins in my pro tools plugins folder, i'm in the same boat.
If i can't fix it I am uninstalling the whole plugin it's simply not worth the mess in my plugins list (when I don't even own the plugins!)

If they arent showing up in pro tools avid folder where would they be

What's your operating system?
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox