MODO DRUM velocity

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

MODO DRUM velocity

Postby toshi14 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:10 am

With MODO DRUM, the timbre changes with velocity, but there is almost no change in volume, and even weak velocities increase.
toshi14

Re: MODO DRUM velocity

Postby toshi14 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:18 am

In MODO DRUM, the timbre changes depending on the velocity, but the volume hardly changes, and even a low velocity makes a loud sound. You cannot enter ghost notes.
toshi14

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:58 pm

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ukm12000 » Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:46 pm

Same here with MODODrumsSE. Once I have it working in Studio One (latest version) and reopen the song velocity is always at max.
ukm12000

Postby garfy » Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:22 am

Hello ulrich.klaur and welcome to the forums.

Please follow @Peter_IK post and contact support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby chilly7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:30 am

Ifter then new update i have exect the same problem!!!
chilly7

Postby chilly7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:35 am

How to revert to the old version?
chilly7

Postby chilly7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:26 am

I just reverted to old version 1.1.1b
and the problem has gone.
chilly7

Postby ukm12000 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Thanks for the info. I still hope the problem will be solved in the next version.
However, the velocity problem is so obvious that I can't imagine it only occurs on certain computers and DAWs.
From my experience especially with a problem of the B3-X (which is a fine instrument) my conclusion is that opening a ticket doesn't help in some cases though I think they do their best.
ukm12000

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:01 pm

If you are not satisfied with the answer or results of a ticket, you can continue to reply to tell the team your issue is not resolved. IK Support resolves issues daily and will strive to resolve yours. If you still don't have any luck, there are guidelines about how to get further assistance in this post viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chilly7 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:15 pm

ulrich.klauer wrote:Thanks for the info. I still hope the problem will be solved in the next version.
However, the velocity problem is so obvious that I can't imagine it only occurs on certain computers and DAWs.
From my experience especially with a problem of the B3-X (which is a fine instrument) my conclusion is that opening a ticket doesn't help in some cases though I think they do their best.

IK was unable to find solution to issue why my presents do not save in MODO drums and after clousing DAW and going back my sethings are not saved.
It is so strange because all other plugins including frim IK do not have this problem.
So i do not know what is going on :(
chilly7

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:35 pm

chilly7 wrote:
ulrich.klauer wrote:Thanks for the info. I still hope the problem will be solved in the next version.

IK was unable to find solution to issue why my presents do not save in MODO drums and after clousing DAW and going back my sethings are not saved.
It is so strange because all other plugins including frim IK do not have this problem.
So i do not know what is going on :(

Please reply to your ticket to let them know their suggestions did not resolve your issue. If you are unsatisfied with a ticket (and it seems we're veering into multiple tickets/topics that are not related to the thread here so let's also bring the thread back on course please thank you) you can follow the guidelines here to get things escalated: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I also see "I hope this is fixed" but hoping in a thread in this forum isn't likely to get an issue you are having fixed. It will require direct contact with IK Support and again if things aren't working they need to know and beyond that the guidelines for escalation are at the link above.

Thank you
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby celoranta@gmail.com » Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:32 am

I will open a ticket; but I am reporting here in the forum that I’ve encountered the same issue: although grooves play back correctly, external eDrums elicit velocity-based shifts in timbre, but no differences in volume. A light snare roll is interpreted as a machine-gun flurry of max-volume notes. I’ve monitored the incoming midi stream and confirmed that the velocity values are very low (0-15) despite the full-volume triggered sounds.
celoranta@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:17 pm

There is a new update for MODO DRUM release in your IK Product Manager today. Please make sure to update to that one.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ukm12000 » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:22 pm

From a short test late in the evening the new version works fine here - many thanks.
ukm12000

Next

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS