Can not authorize SampleTank editor

The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Can not authorize SampleTank editor

Postby antosond » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Hi,
I am installing Total Studio 2 MAX on a new computer with Windows 10 again after a long time.

First I authorized all codes from My products section on web, then I installed all software and all the sounds.
Then I installed SampleTank Editor.

At the same time with the initial settings I received a notification message:

The 10 days grace period has expired.
Click OK to start the IK Multimedia Authorization Manager
or click Cancel to continue.

The message doesn't bother me so much, but the protective noise makes it impossible for me to work seriously.
I tried to follow instructions and repeat the authorization but without success.
I removed all authorizations and performed a complete uninstallation and then I installed only Sampletank 4 SE and its sound library and serial codes, without success.
I combine all possible authorization methods different order of instalation steps and every time I get a message that the authorization was successful, I even see it on the list of authorizations on the web, but without success, the message and the noise are still present.

Do you have an idea please?
antosond

Re: Can not authorize SampleTank editor

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 25, 2021 6:42 pm

You need to authorize SampleTank 4 or SampleTank 4 MAX to have access to the Editor.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby antosond » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:06 pm

I have SampleTank 4 SE installed, like on other computers, and the editor is funcional in previous instalations. Something is changed?
antosond

Postby jason.martin.nl » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:00 pm

I have the same issue. All my products are registered and working but sample tank editor keeps on saying the "10 day grace period id over"
jason.martin.nl

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:04 pm

You need to have SampleTank 4 or SampleTank 4 MAX registered in order to have access to the Editor. Please contact IK Support if you have either of those (not CS or SE) registered and they can look at your account to see what's happening.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jason.martin.nl » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:39 pm

Thanks Peter, I have all my software authorized so I'm not sure why it's not working. I have created a ticket with support to get this rectified. 8-)
jason.martin.nl

Postby jason.martin.nl » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:28 pm

I contacted support and they said they do not support it and to come here to the forum for support. Lol!!
jason.martin.nl

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:33 pm

That's my bad, it isn't a supported product and I forgot about that when referring you. Does SampleTank 4 Editor show as authorized in IK Product Manager?
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jason.martin.nl » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:56 am

It shows up as registered under “my products” from the IK site. It only shows up in IKPM under sampletank and it only has a button for “download”

I’m not too worried about it. I successfully moved all my 450 gb sampletank library to a external ssd today and I was just testing all the software. I watched a video on the sampletank editor and it’s probably something I’ll never use. Too many options available as it is!!! ;)
jason.martin.nl

Postby tubemarker » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:37 pm

I am suffering same problem. Windows 10. Sample Tank 4 authorized and registered through both IK product manager and authorization manager and Sample tank editor also authorized through authorization manager. Still every time I open sample tank editor it shows 10 day grace perdiod has expired note.
tubemarker

Postby DavidR1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:03 pm

Same here in the stand alone version. inside cubase i only had to authorise it once. however i havae discovered that the vst2/3 plugins only produce a blank screen. everything is authorised here as well.
David

HP Envy
16 gb Ram
HD 2tb
i7 quad core 4770u cpu 3.4 ghz (cores disabled as per Cubase management system)
64 bit windows 8.1
external soundcard UR44 (Steinberg) Yamaha drive Asio 2 compliant
DVD R/RW
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660
DavidR1

Postby topaz1 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:57 pm

Same issue here using Mojave. please fix.
topaz1

Postby AlfSiochi1 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:08 pm

Same here, I have registered and authorized SampleTank 4 in the IK Product Manager and also in the older authorization software. I still get the same warning about the expired grace period.
Windows 10. I tried it in standalone, and as a VST3 in studio one, same issue in both cases.
AlfSiochi1

Postby theoptimist » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Same issue here I'm afraid, I was really curious about the possibilities in the Editor but getting the Grace period popup both in Cubase VST3 and Standalone versions. I have authorized SampleTank 4 (again) and SampleTank Editor and everything looks fine in Product Manager.

Things are very quiet here, is it being looked into at all ? Even though it's free I expect it to work.
theoptimist

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:37 pm

theoptimist wrote:Same issue here I'm afraid, I was really curious about the possibilities in the Editor but getting the Grace period popup both in Cubase VST3 and Standalone versions. I have authorized SampleTank 4 (again) and SampleTank Editor and everything looks fine in Product Manager.

Things are very quiet here, is it being looked into at all ? Even though it's free I expect it to work.

From the welcome message in this forum:
The SampleTank Editor is provided without direct support. However this IK user forum is available for users to share questions and solutions.

Please discuss your use of the new SampleTank 4 Editor with other users here and enjoy! Can't wait to see (and hear) what people come up with using this new tool.

Note that the included manual does provide detailed information how to use the SampleTank 4 Editor and if you still have questions or issues, please open a separate thread from this one where you can discuss with other users. Thank you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to SampleTank 4 Editor