The Loner recorded with Amplitube 5

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

The Loner recorded with Amplitube 5

Postby Phil Guitar » Wed Jun 02, 2021 12:34 pm

Hello folks, just published my own performance of The Loner by Gary Moore Using Amplitube 5. Im using a bunch of IK Products to get the moore tone Amp, EQ, Compressor, etc

Hope you like it :)

Cheers

Phil
Phil Guitar

Re: The Loner recorded with Amplitube 5

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Wed Jun 02, 2021 1:15 pm

Hey Phil,

Super song selection and playing and, for both this track and "Panama", you're really great at nailing the tones!

Keep posting!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Phil Guitar » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:42 pm

mklankin@hotmail.com wrote:Hey Phil,

Super song selection and playing and, for both this track and "Panama", you're really great at nailing the tones!

Keep posting!
Michael

Thanks Michael, appreciated !!

Cheers

Phil
Phil Guitar

Postby J-guitar » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:38 pm

Hi,

Nice playing and a good tone aswell.
Im trying myself to make a good "the loner-sound", but im not as on point as you.

Would you be willing to share this great tone that you've made?

/J
J-guitar

Postby CrazySchmidt » Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:44 am

I love this one bro,

I grew up on Thin Lizzy (Robbo/Gorham) and it has influenced my playing and my ears ever since.

Hearing the loner again makes me feel good and nostalgic and cool that someone on this forum is playing this again and doing it so well!!

I salute you sir!

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby danwilson5 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:29 am

Hi Phil,

I enjoyed your playing and your tone on this one. Looking forward to your next one.

Dan
danwilson5

Postby AndreasJBlack » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:00 pm

Tone sounds spot on! Great job, would have loved the preset, but since you've said you used other products i don't think i would get near your result. As for the playing. You're not Gary ofc. :lol: Nailing his playing is pretty much impossible :idea: . Gary was a monster. But you did a good job!

I find that the more i play his melodies over the years the more my ears develop and hear new subtle things in his playing that i didn't catch up on before, forexample microbending, or bending the note and releasing it with a light pick touch. I think you could improve the intro. There's some subtle microbending going on that i miss in your version, but the rest sounded really great Phil!. Gary's playing is so tasteful, yet incredible hard to get fairly close to playing wise. He's sorely missed in the guitar community, that's for sure.

R.I.P Gary Moore!
AndreasJBlack

Postby Phil Guitar » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:52 am

J-guitar wrote:Hi,

Nice playing and a good tone aswell.
Im trying myself to make a good "the loner-sound", but im not as on point as you.

Would you be willing to share this great tone that you've made?

/J

thanks buddy, you cant go wrong with the 'More Gary' preset :D
Phil Guitar

Postby Phil Guitar » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:54 am

CrazySchmidt wrote:I love this one bro,

I grew up on Thin Lizzy (Robbo/Gorham) and it has influenced my playing and my ears ever since.

Hearing the loner again makes me feel good and nostalgic and cool that someone on this forum is playing this again and doing it so well!!

I salute you sir!

Cheers, CS. :)

Thanks Bro, Thin Lizzy rocks !! :D
Phil Guitar

Postby Phil Guitar » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:55 am

danwilson5 wrote:Hi Phil,

I enjoyed your playing and your tone on this one. Looking forward to your next one.

Dan

Thanks Dan, appreciated bro !!
Phil Guitar

Postby Phil Guitar » Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:59 am

AndreasJBlack wrote:Tone sounds spot on! Great job, would have loved the preset, but since you've said you used other products i don't think i would get near your result. As for the playing. You're not Gary ofc. :lol: Nailing his playing is pretty much impossible :idea: . Gary was a monster. But you did a good job!

I find that the more i play his melodies over the years the more my ears develop and hear new subtle things in his playing that i didn't catch up on before, forexample microbending, or bending the note and releasing it with a light pick touch. I think you could improve the intro. There's some subtle microbending going on that i miss in your version, but the rest sounded really great Phil!. Gary's playing is so tasteful, yet incredible hard to get fairly close to playing wise. He's sorely missed in the guitar community, that's for sure.

R.I.P Gary Moore!

Thanks Bro, Gary Rocks !!! was just going by feel for a tribute to the awesomeness of his song, when it comes to micrometers i'm no good :D

check out the 'More Gary' preset on Amplitube its the one with the red amp, twiddle 'the ambass'dor' pedal gain to fit your style 8-)
Phil Guitar

Postby phjanak » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:14 am

Great Playing. I'd say that tone is pretty close. I think it needs to be brighter and a bit more in front of the music. I do hope you shared your setup Somewhere in this thread. I shall look for it.
phjanak

Postby phjanak » Sat Apr 02, 2022 1:20 am

thanks buddy, you cant go wrong with the 'More Gary' preset

I saw that. Which suggests there are other Gary Moore related presets in 5. But which ones?

One thing I hate about amp 5 is the preset names that are named in such a way to clue you in to what the tone is. I understand some. But not all of them. I wish there was a key list to follow
phjanak

Return to The Jam Session