Can i uninstall Sampletank 2 after importing to Sampletank 3

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Can i uninstall Sampletank 2 after importing to Sampletank 3

Postby ferez21 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:30 pm

Hi,

Can i uninstall Sampletank 2.5 XL and Miroslav Philarmonik 1 after I imported their sounds into Sampletank 3 SE?

Also, its a bit too much work to install 20+ separate installations that make up all the sounds i have for Sampletank and Miroslav, is there a way to backup all the sounds (after they are already installed and imported into Sampletank 3) into a single large folder, and in future installations simply copy that whole folder to the Instruments location of Sampletank 3?

Thank you and cheers
ferez21

Re: Can i uninstall Sampletank 2 after importing to Sampleta

Postby garfy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:14 pm

Hi ferez21.

Yes, you can uninstall but with the caveat that any DAW projects you have with ST2.5 or MP1 in them won't work properly. ST3 will not automatically replace them even if you have imported the sounds.

As for backing up the sound content, yes you can just copy the main Sampletank 3 folder that contains all your samples, instruments etc. The default location of these is:

Mac: Macintosh HD > Users > Shared > Documents > IK Multimedia > SampleTank 3

Windows: C:\Users\Public\Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3

Obviously if you have installed them anywhere other than the default then you will need to navigate your system to find them.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Re: Can i uninstall Sampletank 2 after importing to Sampleta

Postby ferez21 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:15 pm

Helped a lot, thanks!
ferez21

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More