Best DAW for Amplitube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Best DAW for Amplitube 5

Postby chakk19 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:52 pm

Love Amp5 Max, but it is unusable in Garageband due to latency issues.
Yes, I have put in tickets twice with IKM Support and, NO, I have not gotten any responses.

I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue with Amp5 and Garageband and it is frustrating. All these great tones and I really can't record anything with them at this time...

With that in mind, would like to know from as many people as possible,
which DAWs work well with Amplitube 5?

Need something for a Mac.

Looking forward to responses!
chakk19

Re: Best DAW for Amplitube 5

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:37 pm

Please see this set of posting guidelines which explain what to do if you have a ticket you are not happy with: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505

They will reply, and you can also bump your ticket any time by replying to the ticket confirmation. But please read the link above and I'm sure you can get some help.

Especially because AmpliTube 5 does work with GarageBand and latency likely has nothing to do with AmpliTube 5 and more to do with audio/audio interface settings.

As far as DAWs go, there's no one size fits all or "best for xx software". I have preferences but that's due to what I started with, what I have been required to work with when working on or collaborating on projects, and other factors. For me, Cubase is king with Pro Tools as a necessary tool but it is an excellent DAW, followed by Reaper but honestly I mostly just test new installations with it, and sometimes mixing with Harrison Mixbus for the "console feel" (plus I love the sound of their hardware consoles).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby chakk19 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:04 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Especially because AmpliTube 5 does work with GarageBand and latency likely has nothing to do with AmpliTube 5 and more to do with audio/audio interface settings.

I have not seen anyone post success with Garageband. Do you have any suggestions for me based off the following:

MacBook Pro, 16GB DDR3
iRig HD 2 (even updated firmware on this)
Amplitube 5 Max
Garageband Ver. 10.4.3

With all other programs and apps on computer closed, everything works great for about 10-15min and then I get that split-second latency. I have seen comments regarding lowering the buffer size of Amp5. I can do that when the software is opened as a stand alone but, when used as a plug-in within Garageband, I do not have that option.

One question is this: If I open Amp5 as a stand-alone, set buffer to 128 or 64, then close, will that buffer selection be used when it is next opened as a plug-in within Garageband?

Needless to say, I have tried lowering buffer size and I still get the latency.
chakk19

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:14 pm

I am not a GarageBand user but AmpliTube 5 is known to run in it. One of the artists in the recent preset giveaways used GarageBand exclusively to create all of their presets. I'm sure IK Support can get you up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:39 am

chakk19 wrote:Love Amp5 Max, but it is unusable in Garageband due to latency issues.
Yes, I have put in tickets twice with IKM Support and, NO, I have not gotten any responses.

I know I am not the only one experiencing this issue with Amp5 and Garageband and it is frustrating. All these great tones and I really can't record anything with them at this time...

With that in mind, would like to know from as many people as possible,
which DAWs work well with Amplitube 5?

Need something for a Mac.

Looking forward to responses!

Logic Pro X is my personal favorite. It does everything and comes with tons of plugins, virtual instruments, and a drummer. For $199, it's hard to beat.

I've added A LOT of IK products because they are awesome, but Logic Pro X comes with everything you need to produce pro sounding tracks.
supanorton

Postby livesforrap » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:30 pm

Yeah, I think Logic is by far the best option. Not sure if they have a demo or not. But that being said, you could download and try Reaper. It's not for everyone though.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby JuanMLz » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:21 am

I use it in Ableton Live 11 and Bitwig 4 beta on an M1 Mac mini. Works like a charm.
All set at 256 sample buffer size, 24 bit, 48 kHz.
JuanMLz

Postby carlaz » Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:56 pm

Latency is not a DAW issue (in any modern, standard DAW -- including GarageBand). Latency mostly a hardware issue, perhaps for most users principally a CPU issue, though RAM and drive speed/space can also be common factors (at least potentially). Also, even on a fairly "buff" machine, lots of plugins (especially on master buses/stereo-out tracks) and software processing within a DAW will lead to latency, as can high buffer settings.

AmpliTube 5 will work fine in current versions of GarageBand -- except perhaps on a somewhat elderly Mac (or if you are crushing the session with loads of software instruments and other plugins). It works fine in Logic Pro X, too (which is what I use).

However, it will also work fine in any common DAW you like, as long as the machine is up to what is being asked of it.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling